Which SUV would you choose for now?

Sgfunguy

Turbocharged

i dunno the transacted price for resale cars, but seemed no used xv for sale currently, and turnover quite ok like 1mth, so i dun think xv so bad. but the doors feel quite kosong, giving it a cheap feel although interior quite upmarket.

I'm probably overgeneralizing, but the XV is really just a hopped up Impreza. There haven't been many sold and Subaru has typically poorer holding value in our THN (Toyota Honda Nissan) market due to perceptions about the brand. The high population and perceived image of Altis + Civic ensured their desirability and thus resale values on the second hand market. Now Vezel + Qashqai should enjoy the same.

That's what I believe. But that doesn't mean I will be right.

↡ Advertisement

I'm probably overgeneralizing, but the XV is really just a hopped up Impreza. There haven't been many sold and Subaru has typically poorer holding value in our THN (Toyota Honda Nissan) market due to perceptions about the brand. The high population and perceived image of Altis + Civic ensured their desirability and thus resale values on the second hand market. Now Vezel + Qashqai should enjoy the same.

That's what I believe. But that doesn't mean I will be right.

maybe it's changing..

i felt some things r beginning to change, like jap reliability not as tip top (read about new altis, xv, harrier cvt gb issue), korean upcoming jap, used cars depre same as / more than new cars.

Few people now interested in resale value - everyone keep car for 10 years now.

Especially those who buy lowest end SUVs like the 3 above - no money to buy new car so soon again.  

Need to make it last 10 years and hopefully at that time, catch the next wave of low COEs when owners from the current big COE quota batch again sell off their cars, and allow for another round of big quotas again.

At that point in time, only got scrap value.

which has the highest scrap value?

Was considering Macan S until I test drove the Volvo XC90 RD. For about the same price, the XC90 RD came with a host of more features while the Macan S is basically base model. Good thing is the Macan S comes with 2 extra year of service/maintenance.

I'm leaning more with the XC90 now primarily because of the following factors:

1) More features (useful ones for that matter)

2) Spacious cargo space; I will hardly need the 3rd row of seats and the huge cargo space will fit my golfing equipment

3) Although I must say it was love at first sight 2 years ago when it was first launched, the Macan is now getting too common. Guess it was the same reason for getting a F06 vs F10.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

anyone tried Ford Kuga ?

The Kuga is an excellent and underrated alternative for those looking for all the latest technological aids, practicality and decent power combined with class-leading handling.

However, the dealer pricing and after care package is really unappealing.

And Ford has little to no resale and brand recognition now

The Kuga is an excellent and underrated alternative for those looking for all the latest technological aids, practicality and decent power combined with class-leading handling.

However, the dealer pricing and after care package is really unappealing.

And Ford has little to no resale and brand recognition now

Totally agree... also the 1.5 L turbo for the Kuga is much more highly tuned than other small turbos... so much more oomph...

u can use your common sense to find the answer.

Why a car has higher resale value than others? The answer can be found from which car more ppls is willing to purchase. A 2nd hand car dealer will then be willing to pay more than the other 2 models to buy from seller. Dealer wont pay higher or same premium for car that cant sell as good as the other, will u?

So which car do you see more on the road among the 3 models you are comparing can determine which car is having higher resale value

In terms of resale value which will be better? XV, Qashqai or Vezel?

Edited by Axela72

u can use your common sense to find the answer.

Why a car has higher resale value than others? The answer can be found from which car more ppls is willing to purchase. A 2nd hand car dealer will then be willing to pay more than the other 2 models to buy from seller. Dealer wont pay higher or same premium for car that cant sell as good as the other, will u?

So which car do you see more on the road among the 3 models you are comparing can determine which car is having higher resale value

None of the 3. Best resale is forester NA.

Was considering Macan S until I test drove the Volvo XC90 RD. For about the same price, the XC90 RD came with a host of more features while the Macan S is basically base model. Good thing is the Macan S comes with 2 extra year of service/maintenance.

I'm leaning more with the XC90 now primarily because of the following factors:

1) More features (useful ones for that matter)

2) Spacious cargo space; I will hardly need the 3rd row of seats and the huge cargo space will fit my golfing equipment

3) Although I must say it was love at first sight 2 years ago when it was first launched, the Macan is now getting too common. Guess it was the same reason for getting a F06 vs F10.

Macan is for ppl who want cheaper Cayeane.  XC90 is more utilitarian.

Toyota Harrier also very nice actually ..got bells and whistles and got the size too  ..would be even more appealing if it comes with turbo for diesel or petrol  , Aisin auto gearbox or 6 speed manual

• Praise 1

Macan is for ppl who want cheaper Cayeane.  XC90 is more utilitarian.

Perhaps true.

For this price range for Wolverine, can consider Lexus RX 350 or 450h, or even the top of the range latest PI Lexus LX (saw one in SG road, superb road presence, with sequential signal lights - very very nice, but FC and road tax is a killer).

However as mentioned by Lycanthrope, yes, the popular Harrier (higher specs premium or style mauve with memory driver seat) is good too, and more value for money.

others - X trail, Outlander.

and dont forget the "Uber/rental"  Vezel (or HRV)...may qualify as SUV too.  The front LED lights are bright and white. Some PI cars even come with Honda sensing, not sure why Agent did not bring this features.

Edited by alphard96
  • Praise 1

maybe it's changing..

i felt some things r beginning to change, like jap reliability not as tip top (read about new altis, xv, harrier cvt gb issue), korean upcoming jap, used cars depre same as / more than new cars.

XV had no general CVT GB issue unlike some other jap brands.

It had other issues in US but that was for the 2.0 litre model not found in Singapore.

For Spore model, so far no major issues - touch wood.

• Praise 1

XV had no general CVT GB issue unlike some other jap brands.

It had other issues in US but that was for the 2.0 litre model not found in Singapore.

For Spore model, so far no major issues - touch wood.

Yes generally. U know of other jap brands cvt have issues currently? For xv, refer to first few pg of xv thread but that was the only case posted in mcf.

Yes generally. U know of other jap brands cvt have issues currently? For xv, refer to first few pg of xv thread but that was the only case posted in mcf.

Yes, ASX has a jerky CVT at low speeds reported by a few ASX owners in MCF.

Some owners reported that the problem is not resolved after resetting the TCU at AD workshop.

Malaysian ASX owners also reported this problem.

I encountered a few times too, but lately did not encounter it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1