2016 Toyota Prius

minion

Anybody with the prius manual can confirm that engaging the reverse gear in fact switches the polarity of the motor generator (not sure MG1 or MG2) in order to propel the car?

In other words, when you are reversing, you can't rely on the power output of the petrol engine. So if say you are trying to reverse from standstill from the main road to a service road that is 0.1 grade or higher, the car might not actually move!

I haven't got the prius yet, but will love to know the real world example for this in Singapore. :)

And yeah, I read that Prius don't have a Reverse gear in the gear box. It uses Electric Motor to turn in Reverse.

↡ Advertisement

Ong, I have 2 cargo boot trays  - one from US Prius-shop and the colored one from Yahoo Japan

So far, I am getting 25km/l or 4L/100km on the odometer.

One full tank can last me 800km and I now fill up 2x a month compared to my old 2.4 CRV which I had to do a full-tank every 6th day and hitting only 330km for every full tank!

My accessories installed to date:

http://priuschat.com/threads/arrival-of-my-emotional-red.167599/

Edited by zorro18
  • Praise 1

Ong, I have 2 cargo boot trays  - one from US Prius-shop and the colored one from Yahoo Japan

So far, I am getting 25km/l or 4L/100km on the odometer.

One full tank can last me 800km and I now fill up 2x a month compared to my old 2.4 CRV which I had to do a full-tank every 6th day and hitting only 330km for every full tank!

My accessories installed to date:

http://priuschat.com/threads/arrival-of-my-emotional-red.167599/

Thanks for the note.

I tried to buy from http://shop.priuschat.com/ but during checkout, it said it doesn't ship international for the boot tray. :(

Yes, I saw your accessories in priuschat, very nice. 

I am looking at starting a local prius forum website here if there is any interest. :)

Saw the latest Prius in real flesh.  [:p]

Should be easy to get spare parts with Comfort and SMRT using it in their fleet.

post-27974-0-79561200-1474795770_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vinceng

Do PIs offer battery warranty?

Another qn is with regard to actual depreciation. Since ARF is reduced by the value of the CEVS, won't that ultimately bring down the "scrap value".

These numbers are from One Motoring

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost.MainPar.30963.File.tmp/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

220 TOYOTA PRIUS HYBRID 1.8 CVT HYBRID B 1,798 90 H 87 A1

[OMV] 37,865

[GST] 10,754

[Tiered ARF] 45,011

[CEVS] -30,000

Does that mean the actual ARF paid is only about 15k, so if you deregister after 9 years, you only get back 7.5k?

Effectively CEVS means to the traditional [Cost - 50% OMV] you have to add $[CEVS / 2 / 10 years] to the depreciation cost of your vehicle.

are my calculations correct?

No...CEVS rebate is removed from your OMV...

Borneo's prius OMV is $34000, which means $30,000 is taken away..leaving you with $4000.

However, the minimum OMV is $5,000, which means you take back 50% of the OMV, ie $2500.

Hi, any Prius 2016 owners in here?

Just bought mine from BM for $128K and comes with Open Cat COE.

Delivery in June

Wanted a white but all sold out. So, got the Red instead

Forget to add that I had a look with the PI models but they dun come with Cruise Control and Wiper rain Sensor and Fog lights ($500 more). Though, theirs had Lane Departure Alerts. Head unit was a Pioneer 5560BT (I think) and another $300 for the Road Navi

BM copmes with powered Driver's seat, leather seats, factory-fitted JBL 10-speakers, Cruise Control and Wiper Rain sensor and others.

Funny...how come i went to borneo to see and i clearly remembered i had to pull the bar to adjust their driver seat?

Hi all

I just placed my order for the 2016 Prius (Silver) at Hua Yang yesterday at $108k, 4 bid-guaranteed COE, estimated collection in Aug 16. I was contemplating a Honda Vezel, but after hearing that the Prius is selling at around the same price as a Vezel, I chose Prius instead, primarily due to the brand name :-P Any advice on whether this is a good decision? :-)

Same here...am torn between vezel, civic and prius.

The price difference between Hua Yang and Borneo is nearly $30K.

So hua yang's advertised price is accurate? Do they have overtrade?

Funny...how come i went to borneo to see and i clearly remembered i had to pull the bar to adjust their driver seat?

Same here...am torn between vezel, civic and prius.

The price difference between Hua Yang and Borneo is nearly $30K.

So hua yang's advertised price is accurate? Do they have overtrade?

I got mine from Hua Yang / Hevshop. Quite happy with the process. Don't see any point of paying $30k for those gadgets.

The version I got doesn't have power seat. Again, I felt it is just additional gadget.

I felt there is no point to do overtrade. You should rather save up for the car. Else, maybe you should consider others.

And between other car models, I guess it come down to personal choice. But I am happy I can do 1000km on a single tank of petrol and talking to a few cabby having the gen 3 model, I am quite convince with the reliability of the car. 

BTW, I got the thinkware F770 dashcam that has somewhat similarity close to the Toyota Safety Sense P feature.

Prius 4th Gen getting all bashed up and abused at the EURO collision test center - with 5 Stars rating.

http://www.euroncap.com/en/results/toyota/prius/24572

526x297-DsF.jpg

Plus demo of a few active safety package called “Toyota Safety Sense” for current and future models.

• Various Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) modes - 2:20 min
  • Lane-departure warning. (3:00 min)

• Praise 1

The former.

Thanks....

Talked to the biggest user of prius in singapore...and heard some encouraging stuff..

Battery pack can last about 250,000km, engine about 350,000km..

However, 1 downside is the diagnostic tool needed to diagnose any problem with the car..

It is very hard to get and even borneo cannot anyhow sell it..

Anyone knows whether HEV shop has the original diagnostic tool?

Thanks....

Talked to the biggest user of prius in singapore...and heard some encouraging stuff..

However, 1 downside is the diagnostic tool needed to diagnose any problem with the car..

Then go by from AD. Peace of mind.

Thanks....

hi hevshop does have the original diagnostic tools for the prius as well as all the toyota, lexus and honda cars..

I think the guy's name is Simon, who is the workshop manager i spoke to which confirmed it with me..

• Praise 1

Is this a Cat A or B car? The cheapest hybrid at the moment?

Cat B...definitely not the cheapest..prius C will be cheaper...

hi hevshop does have the original diagnostic tools for the prius as well as all the toyota, lexus and honda cars..

I think the guy's name is Simon, who is the workshop manager i spoke to which confirmed it with me..

Great..thanks..

This is my biggest concern..being so electronic..there is no way to service or troubleshoot the car without the OBD reader...

Other cars not so big concern...still very mechanical..

Edited by Archenemy

Thanks....

You just need techstream for this

Cat B...definitely not the cheapest..prius C will be cheaper...

Great..thanks..

This is my biggest concern..being so electronic..there is no way to service or troubleshoot the car without the OBD reader...

Other cars not so big concern...still very mechanical..

Not many car are true mechanical these days. :P

A lot of new car are all equip with some OBD ports for diagnostics. Nothing really new.

I guess the issue with car like Prius is that there is 2 set of batteries instead of one. Which means extra careful with the car. But again, other cars got their own temperament anyway. So, not a lot of different.

Edited by Ongbenghui
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1