Car Alarm

jhtm71

Hi, I am planning to drive monthly into JB. Anybody can recommend a good car alarm to be installed in my car. Thanks

↡ Advertisement

I dont drive to JB, saw this article in hardwarezone:

Some basic rules

A.park head first
B.new cars would have the steering wheel lock.full lock to your right and hold steering same time before switch off engine.this locks ur steering.but do know the steps to unlock it....pull right and hold and start engine same time..ever happened to my fren know how to lock dunno unlock
C.dun leave anything inside car.put all at boot.bags even enpty ones,gps,cashcard,coins,books etc
D.buy a steering wheel lock.
E.park at where many others park
F.dun be flashy in whatu wear
G.dun act like some tourist and go wah wah wah cheap cheap cheap
H.learn to respect their customs e.g dun wear too revealing if ur a girl,learn to smile and learn to thank them a lot. It helps when u r warm cos johor ppletend to open up more when u r warm. I pump petrol all d time in JB esso near southern city and cos i warm up to the pump attendants tey are always helpful in helping me pump to the brim.u all know how tedious it is when the pump starts to lock at some point and u got to slowly pump that extra 10 litres

And oh yes,be wary and on d lookout always.especially at night after 10pm when the streets are darker. I can share some stories of close calls if im free but thats more like cos of my overconfidence and curiosity than anything else which nearly cost me

• Praise 3

hello

Any branded alarm should do the job for you. You can check out the latest range available that stays within your budget by visiting a good car grooming provider in your area. 

Thanks

Marcus Yang

Here are some of the best car alarm, have a look

• Viper VSS5000
  • Python PS5000
  • Avital 5303L
  • Viper 5906V
  • Scytek Galaxy G5.2W

Edited by shanaya
  • Dislike 1

hi friend.

my alarm siren have broken off twice already. any recommendations or alarm siren to recommend?

both occasions, the bracket gave way and the siren now dangling in my bonnet. if o removed the siren, does that means if people break into my car, the alarm will not goes off already or it will be the car horn take over? my previous car alarm is by the sound of the horn.

hi friend.

my alarm siren have broken off twice already. any recommendations or alarm siren to recommend?

both occasions, the bracket gave way and the siren now dangling in my bonnet. if o removed the siren, does that means if people break into my car, the alarm will not goes off already or it will be the car horn take over? my previous car alarm is by the sound of the horn.

I believe your mounting bracket for your alarm horn is broken. What I did was create a hole by soldering into the plastic horn. Then use zip ties to secure it to a nearby part. Been 4yrs old liao. Never drop..

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

My car Suzuki S-Cross comes with a keyless entry and press button to start the car. It also has no alarm. The beeping sound when I lock or unlock the door is quite soft. Cannot be heard from 10metres away and the range is also quite short. Recently I forget where I park my car at vivo city and try to locate it by pressing my keyless remote but heard nothing. I managed to find it after an hour at a lot where I walk quite near to it.

Intend to install an alarm which can be activated from a distance away.

I don't want to be holding to 2 remote, anyone can recommend what alarm can be installed either incorporating with the present keyless remote or totally changed it to a car alarm which can start by pressing a button just like what I have now. thank you

Edited by Syedzul

Neutral Newbie

Hi, 

Any good brand that can prevent theft from pick lock your car, forcibly breaking into your car, smashing windows and trying to start your car engine in any forms of ways? good if there a GPS function able to use in Singapore and Malaysia

Edited by athrun1987

Hi, 

Any good brand that can prevent theft from pick lock your car, forcibly breaking into your car, smashing windows and trying to start your car engine in any forms of ways? good if there a GPS function able to use in Singapore and Malaysia

There are some companies offering GPS tracking services for your car if you are worried about your car being stolen in JB. Google GPS car tracker and you will find a lot of results.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

There are some companies offering GPS tracking services for your car if you are worried about your car being stolen in JB. Google GPS car tracker and you will find a lot of results.

Bro, how bout any good recommendations for car alarms?

Bro, how bout any good recommendations for car alarms?

..get a steering lock as double preventive..May deter the potential thef Edited by Kezg1
↡ Advertisement