Shell @ Tampines Ave 4 Closing Down on 15 Dec 2015

keanie

just pumped at shell today. cash card still avail.

Crap I forgot about this promo and filled up $60 recently....... cannot make it for January liao.....

Wanted the HSBC monkey cashcard so went to Shell braddell. Check with uncle whether the cashcard still available bo, he said bo liao.... so prepared to go other station to pump.

But he was very kind, told me to wait, he went to cashier to check. Came out said still available. Happily pump 98 $80.

Went cashier, asked for the cashcard, cashier said, huh, fully redeem already...

Hahaha.... uncle asked cashcard still have anot, cashier thought is normal cashcard so replied still available lor....

Moral of the story. Walk into the cashier and ask. [:p]

• Praise 2

Wanted the HSBC monkey cashcard so went to Shell braddell. Check with uncle whether the cashcard still available bo, he said bo liao.... so prepared to go other station to pump.

But he was very kind, told me to wait, he went to cashier to check. Came out said still available. Happily pump 98 $80.

Went cashier, asked for the cashcard, cashier said, huh, fully redeem already...

Hahaha.... uncle asked cashcard still have anot, cashier thought is normal cashcard so replied still available lor....

Moral of the story. Walk into the cashier and ask. [:p]

Wah so fast out of stock... I still got 240km on my range, need to use another 200km in 5 days before I confirm can fill up $80. Else later fill up short of a few dollars really go bang wall liao. Unless I fill up 98...

Utterly disgusted. Just pumped almost $130 at Shell Dunearn/Eng Neo (648 Dunearn Road), only to find out the 'monkey' cashcard fully redeemed! The station is eerily quiet with myself pumping petrol at 8+pm. It's barely over a week since the promo started. Please avoid this machiam 'ghost' station if you intend to redeem as well.

Wah so fast out of stock... I still got 240km on my range, need to use another 200km in 5 days before I confirm can fill up $80. Else later fill up short of a few dollars really go bang wall liao. Unless I fill up 98...

I already banged wall. Normally pump 95 but to get this cashcard to hit $80 pumped 98 but no more cashcard. I banged until cannot banged..........

Told my colleagues no more drive out for lunch as this tank is expensive petrol...... [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Alg
  • Praise 1

Pump Shell V Power sure can squeeze in $80 worth of petrol. Only 30.88 litres

Pump Shell V Power sure can squeeze in $80 worth of petrol. Only 30.88 litres

I calculated what if I pumped $80 worth of 98. End up I pay $11 more than 95, but cashcard only costs $5. Might as well buy a cashcard straight and save $6. Also cannot see the monkey design when it is inside the IU  [laugh]

• Praise 1

I calculated what if I pumped $80 worth of 98. End up I pay $11 more than 95, but cashcard only costs $5. Might as well buy a cashcard straight and save $6. Also cannot see the monkey design when it is inside the IU [laugh]

Thanks for the analysis, plus nowadays ezlink card interchangeable with cashcard so guess I won't be cheonging Shell for the next tank :)

Thanks for the analysis, plus nowadays ezlink card interchangeable with cashcard so guess I won't be cheonging Shell for the next tank :)

True but some lao pok carparks are NETS Cashcard only, will it have issues if you insert ez-link card inside the IU? I still have an old ez-link card that I will be switching to once my cashcard expires, but afraid of this compatibility issue.

True but some lao pok carparks are NETS Cashcard only, will it have issues if you insert ez-link card inside the IU? I still have an old ez-link card that I will be switching to once my cashcard expires, but afraid of this compatibility issue.

Mai gong lao pok carpark, our sg pride changi airport t3 cant seem to detect cepas ezlink inside IU, gotta stretch out to tap.

Same fear for compatibility, also have an old school cashcard on standby.

• Praise 3

got Card last week. 80bucks. voucher + HSBC=$63.65

Quite cute though..Expiry till 2020 only. sianx.

Esso is way cheaper---->definetely...

Shell used $60
Voucher less $6
Hsbc + point card - 14%
Total paid: $45.60nett

IMHO: hard to hit 120. i don use V power. only 95. so even at $100, only also $6...in a way bo hua lar..

Yesterday yck esso (95-$1.93)
Pump: $60.01
Voucher less $5 (only 3 selected kiosk)

*Till June 2016 only. :(
Mastercard 17% (fuel discount) - $10.20
Total paid: $44.81
IMHO: its easy to hit $100, meaning $10 off

Finally we are hearing some sense. Actually we can print whatever Monkey design we want and past it over any Cash Card. But then again, why have monkey design when we can have chio bus with @@ design  [:p]

I calculated what if I pumped $80 worth of 98. End up I pay $11 more than 95, but cashcard only costs $5. Might as well buy a cashcard straight and save $6. Also cannot see the monkey design when it is inside the IU  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Mai gong lao pok carpark, our sg pride changi airport t3 cant seem to detect cepas ezlink inside IU, gotta stretch out to tap.

Same fear for compatibility, also have an old school cashcard on standby.

yes quite a big joke...our airport never upgrade to full ezlink deduct under IU - i also kana alot of times to tap out manually

esso is good deal for 2015! but sometimes not enough to last for the month.

shell is now $44 x 4 = $176 per mth for petrol... last longer as pump more due to $60 and price of petrol has dropped

↡ Advertisement