• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
51 replies to this topic | 195 praises

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:38 PM

Lovethecars
  • Premium member
    Lovethecars
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I'm looking for a pair of Oakley glasses... Does anyone have any optical shop to introduce that give relatively good pricing for it?

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:59 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

You first time buying this brand? Optical shops will tell you they can't do much about the price as they buy the package of frames(from sole distributor) and have to sell it off regardless there are leftovers or some frames cannot sell the optical shop will bear their own losses. So do not expect any good pricing. Try your luck online since it's black friday.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:09 PM

Lovethecars
  • Premium member
    Lovethecars
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

ya, first time getting this brand. Looking at making the purchase at optical shops but don't know if anybody got any shop to intro or recommend lehx.

you know of any?

You first time buying this brand? Optical shops will tell you they can't do much about the price as they buy the package of frames(from sole distributor) and have to sell it off regardless there are leftovers or some frames cannot sell the optical shop will bear their own losses. So do not expect any good pricing. Try your luck online since it's black friday.

Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:58 PM

Forexter
  • Premium member
    Forexter
    4th Gear
    Author Image

ya, first time getting this brand. Looking at making the purchase at optical shops but don't know if anybody got any shop to intro or recommend lehx.

you know of any?

Prices for Oakley is very controlled. I bought mine at Takashimaya, they have a very wide selection of models and Colours. Lots of replicas around especially online, so didn't want to take a chance. Paid slightly more for it, but peace of mind.

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:20 PM

Mits_jc
  • Premium member
    Mits_jc
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Look for Joe 9798 8884. Got my Oakley's from him couple of years back. Not sure if he still imports it in but you can go to his place to see his collection he has for sale.

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:28 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I normally buy from Tangs. Got member earn rebate. Authenticity guranteed
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:37 PM

Macrosszero
  • Macrosszero
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Oakleys are overpriced for what they are. For the price of a pair of normal iridium replacement plastic lens, I can get a pair of polarized Rayban glass replacement lens, with change to spare. 

I have both, Rayban's optics are better and more durable, Oakley frames fit my face better.

Kangadrool praised this

The gene pool could use a bit of Clorox at times

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:15 AM

Pinobii
  • Pinobii
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Saw them retailing at sunglasses hut, can try the outlet at changi airport, no Gst charges

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:18 AM

Roverboy
  • Premium member
    Roverboy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Buy from Amazon , cheaper
-------------------------------------------------------------
Power Is Nothing Without Control, Its The Driver Not The Car
why list all mods?

Posted 28 November 2015 - 02:56 AM

Atonchia
  • Atonchia
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

https://youtu.be/voUiWOGv8ec

Like Microsoft has a huge market share in selling OS.

All major sunglasses brands from Luxottica
Be not afraid of moving slowly. Be afraid only of standing still.

Posted 28 November 2015 - 11:18 AM

Airwaver
  • Premium member
    Airwaver
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Before you buy online, make sure you try that particular you want 1st. I have made a mistake previously without trying 1st, end up the sunglass I bought was too narrow for our asian temple.

Be nice to people on your way up, cos you'll meet them on your way down.

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:53 PM

Jtb
  • Premium member
    Jtb
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Maui Jim Paris Miki polarizer lens

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:10 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Anybody got recommendations for lens replacement for Oakley? Lens peeling
Seems like all Brand’s also will peel one

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:24 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My bausch and lomb wayfarer lenses are 28yrs .
No peeling.
Superb clarity.
Mustank praised this
Targetting to truly retire by 2028
Give away my CPF
Travel the world and smoke those Cubans!

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:29 PM

Atonchia
  • Atonchia
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Get glass one will not peel.

All my spare lenses also peel. No no more Oakley for me, love Oakley only because it fit nicely, and optically superi'or and light.

I can place the sunglasses on my head like hair band, not for aviator type sunglasses.

The service centre lady said," Maybe the hair wax caused the lenses to peel." when I asked why the current lenses start peeling after about 2 years.

I though what crap explanation was that. I know heat in the car is one of the cause. But why it doesn't happened to my older pair in the car that I kept as spare. Still in good condition for <10 years, except for deterioration of the rubber.

But I rather wear aviator sunglasses now, still optically good, except the peripheral vision not as covered as Oakley.

Anyway all major brands own by Luxotica and have complete market dominance globally.

I look better in aviator sunglasses too,

Oakley made me looked Ah Beng.

Be not afraid of moving slowly. Be afraid only of standing still.

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:36 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Get glass one will not peel.

All my spare lenses also peel. No no more Oakley for me, love Oakley only because it fit nicely, and optically superi'or and light.
I can place the sunglasses on my head like hair band, not for aviator type sunglasses.
The service centre lady said," Maybe the hair wax caused the lenses to peel." when I asked why the current lenses start peeling after about 2 years.

I though what crap explanation was that. I know heat in the car is one of the cause. But why it doesn't happened to my older pair in the car that I kept as spare. Still in good condition for <10 years, except for deterioration of the rubber.

But I rather wear aviator sunglasses now, still optically good, except the peripheral vision not as covered as Oakley.
Anyway all major brands own by Luxotica and have complete market dominance globally.

I look better in aviator sunglasses too,
Oakley made me looked Ah Beng.

Cannot take glass
Can only take polycarbonate because engaging in vigourous activity
A lot of sweat sun salt

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:36 PM

Freeder
  • Premium member
    Freeder
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My trusty AO aviator still with me since 1993...,
Those retro things are built to last...
Mustank, Atonchia and Newbie26 praised this

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:42 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I am not sure whether the regular shops stock up on replacement lenes, they'll probably still source from Oakley or refer you there.

Maybe can also call Oakley Singapore directly.

Plan B, wait for GSS. I bought my Oakley during one of the recent Taka sales, 10% + 10% off for Asian fit.

Edited by Blueray, 23 April 2017 - 12:43 PM.

focus

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:50 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I am not sure whether the regular shops stock up on replacement lenes, they'll probably still source from Oakley or refer you there.

Maybe can also call Oakley Singapore directly.

Plan B, wait for GSS. I bought my Oakley during one of the recent Taka sales, 10% + 10% off for Asian fit.

Buy replacement lens cheaper lah

My trusty AO aviator still with me since 1993...,
Those retro things are built to last...

I think is the coating
They always coat here coat there

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:53 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Buy replacement lens cheaper lah

Really ?

I bought Flak 2,0 from Taka at around $210 - $220 after all the discounts.

For me Oakley have to wear Asian fit. 

focus

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: oakley, sunglasses and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users