• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic | 15 praises

Poll: Estima Premium edition Vs Alphard/Vellfire basic X edition (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you prefer

1. Estima Premium Edition (4 votes [16.00%])

Percentage of vote: 16.00%

2. Alphard/ Vellfire Edition (21 votes [84.00%])

Percentage of vote: 84.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Posted 29 November 2015 - 07:37 PM

Gsmsimmax3
  • Premium member
    Gsmsimmax3
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Price differential is only about $5K.(surprised ?)

I would prefer the Estima as its sleeker and less height problem.The shape has been around for more than 9 years.

Alphard/Vellfire 2.5  has just recently been introduced.Basic X edition (8 seater) also has 2 powered side door and 2 sunroof.No power tail boot though.

Its has 7 airbags vs 2 in Estima. My only concern is that it may be too big for wife to drive around.

Surprisingly as both around 2.4/2.5 litre,running cost are about the same.

I am for the Vellfire while wife prefer the Estima.

Edited by Gsmsimmax3, 29 November 2015 - 07:44 PM.

alphard96 praised this

Posted 29 November 2015 - 08:57 PM

t0y0ta
  • t0y0ta
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

New model Alphard/Vellfire versus 8 year old Estima?

No fight of course.

The only single factor favouring Estima is the carpark height issue.

I would still go for Alphard/Vellfire

- Newer 2.5l Dual VVTi AR engine versus old 2.4 litre single VVT-i AZ engine.

- Interior is 2 classes above Estima in terms of materials and design

- Nice things like factory fitted all round sensors with instrument display

Gsmsimmax3 and alphard96 praised this

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:41 AM

Fireball0088
  • Premium member
    Fireball0088
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I would prefer the Estima as its sleeker and less height problem.The shape has been around for more than 9 years.

Alphard/Vellfire 2.5  has just recently been introduced.Basic X edition (8 seater) also has 2 powered side door and 2 sunroof.No power tail boot though.

Its has 7 airbags vs 2 in Estima. My only concern is that it may be too big for wife to drive around.

If you can wait, just wait for the new Estima. Should be coming out in 2016

PSN ID = hsb0088

Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:24 AM

alphard96
  • Premium member
    alphard96
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Yes, agree with most of the points

Estima sleeker and no problems with height limit.

Running cost abt the same.

Driving wise, no issue, dont be afraid abt your wife not being able to handle the large mpv, seems parking wise, Alphard/VF may be easier due to

1) slightly larger side mirror

2) taller height (able to see more things)

3) standard all round sensors (sonar front back corner sensors with indicators on dashboard)

Another advantage is even the X model Alphard/VF come standard with whiter and brighter front HED lights.  And the speedometer cluster can choose English language - Estima still Japanese and main beam is HID only.

The dilemma should be -  between Alphard or Vellfire - hehe

Note: Latest estima aeras premium standard cruise control and power back door/autotailgate - which is not a available for the base X model of Alphard/VF.  Hence, the estima in this sense may be slightly higher specs.  However, If you can, go for SC or ZG edition.

Posted 12 December 2015 - 11:53 PM

Topgann2003
  • Premium member
    Topgann2003
    1st Gear
    Author Image

If you can wait, just wait for the new Estima. Should be coming out in 2016

Hi

I am deciding between the Ody and Estima. While I like the better specs of the Ody, I find the third row and the boot not spacious enough, so I am leaning towards Estima, though one concern is that the current model is quite dated.  One PI SE told me that the Estima 2016 will be a new model.  However, I could not find any definitive or credible information on the web except for this:

http://czmycarclub.c...tima-2016/2035/

Do you have any leads that you can share? Thanks!

Posted 13 December 2015 - 05:24 PM

OeteM
  • OeteM
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I am also in the lookout for full size MPV. 

How much is the price that PI quoted you for Estima and Alphard/Vellfire?

Don't mind to cross over to Alphard/Vellfire if only $5k difference. 

I have look at Elgrand 8 seater. It costs $168 988 now.

Posted 13 December 2015 - 05:53 PM

Senteck
  • Premium member
    Senteck
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I'm also look out full side mpv between ody vs estima..

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:06 PM

Gsmsimmax3
  • Premium member
    Gsmsimmax3
    Clutched
    Author Image

If you look around, the 8 seater Vellfire with 2 powered side door and otherwise least specs is around $162k while the Estima premium edition with full specs is $157K .The Vellfire price is holding reasonably well ,while the premium Estima seemed to be offerred,i.e. can be lower in view of the impending new model.

Posted 19 December 2015 - 06:36 PM

Gsmsimmax3
  • Premium member
    Gsmsimmax3
    Clutched
    Author Image

BM sg having supposedly..

"Never before Toyota MPV offers. Now from just $170,988. Limited units only."

http://www.sgcarmart...st.php?pid=4329

Anyone have more details ?

Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:29 PM

YEN96
  • YEN96
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Looking to buy Toyota estima or Previa. Kindly Whatsapp me if u have 1 plan to sell. Nine 362 3352

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:06 PM

Mahjong74
  • Premium member
    Mahjong74
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Looking to buy Toyota estima or Previa. Kindly Whatsapp me if u have 1 plan to sell. Nine 362 3352

There are 150 used Estima for sale in the used car market. 

You can look slowly

http://www.sgcarmart...ma&RPG=20&VEH=0

There are 150 used Estima for sale in the used car market. 

You can look slowly

http://www.sgcarmart...ma&RPG=20&VEH=0

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: toyota, toyotabig mpv, mpv and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users