New 2017 Kia Forte K3

ricleosg

Please do not use the word "No brainer". I just ask you for the price that's all. The day I check with hyundai is $85,000 for base model. I have my freedom to choose whichever car I want to purchase. My sales attitude and what he offer me was attractive over hyundai. That's the reason I chose k3.

Do you think it's good to label people ? I hope you will wake up from your naive self and start using your brains.

Hey pls chill la.

It was just a passing remark

↡ Advertisement

Please do not use the word "No brainer". I just ask you for the price that's all. The day I check with hyundai is $85,000 for base model. I have my freedom to choose whichever car I want to purchase. My sales attitude and what he offer me was attractive over hyundai. That's the reason I chose k3. 

Do you think it's good to label people ? I hope you will wake up from your naive self and start using your brains.

you took the term "no brainer" too literal; (i.e. me saying u dont have brains) but you need to lookup the term in the dictionary b4 coming to such a aggressive conclusion. for ur sake, pls check: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/no-brainer

the term brainer is a casual term used commonly. in this context, i used it on myself that to show it is an easy decision to make and clearly was not referring to you. i am not sure why you are so sensitive? i have never seen someone using this term to refer to someone else. you got ur k3, good for you. pls wake up and stop thinking the world revolve around you. cheers.

Edited by car_Boy_75
  • Praise 2

So now base trim is 85k or 76k?

9k difference leh?Very confusing,lol....

i have met nice ones. Good ones are those who give good advice to me as a consumer. My last one in CNC is just a responsive polite chap?

i find it strange that you would say to be MORE wary of your friends. Anyway, our experiences would differ.

i would not say that its an official quote but a range quoted by the SE after i let him know the age of my car. Maybe he has hantum a figure for me.

Even after i told him that what he told me are lower than whats the scrap value was, he still said that its what the market is offering. Perhaps its true. I dont know. Even using the current depreciation values, my car should fetch above the scrap value.

Maybe the used car dealers are trying their luck.

Agree. There are nice SE in cnc....just our luck sometimes. Normally I would have decided what I want.. SE will not make any difference....part from the freebies

Base trim $75999. Hyundai doesn't have compulsory loans or trade in to get this offer.. And the base trim comes with disc brakes, hill assist, leather seats, ESC and 6 air bags unlike the K3 L. No brainer.

Thats really a good price!

Not surprising to see such comments in a k3 thread. Will never see such comments in confi threads.

Not surprising to see such comments in a k3 thread. Will never see such comments in confi threads.

continental threads oso got bird brains one... nowadays alot of rich bengs u know? hahaha

Agree. There are nice SE in cnc....just our luck sometimes. Normally I would have decided what I want.. SE will not make any difference....part from the freebies

Agree with you.

Now that we have the Internet and online forums, collectively we are able to share good deals and information and we are just going through these agents to view/testdrive and complete the contract.

• Praise 1

So now base trim is 85k or 76k?

9k difference leh?Very confusing,lol....

76k. 85k is on the price list for gtd COE. if you talk to the AD dealer, they'll offer 76k but will downgrade free servicing from 3 yrs to 1 yr and of course no more gtd COE

It is found in the dictionary and widely used. 

Maybe some here have not encountered this phrase, thats all.

When in doubt, it is always good to check the dictionary to avoid any language faux pas.

Buy car also can quarrel in mcf.

buy car quarrel, drive car quarrel, sell car quarrel, lang ga cars quarrel, sit uber car oso quarrel... sinkies r doomed....self entitled pricks like Ler Lim...

It is found in the dictionary and widely used. 

Maybe some here have not encountered this phrase, thats all.

When in doubt, it is always good to check the dictionary to avoid any language faux pas.

It's just a mis-interpretation of a word, no need to get so touchy about the matter. Without checking dictionary, I believe the term 'no brainer' describes a situation where it is easy to make a decision without going through excessive thinking and analysis. Doesn't mean the subject 'does not have brains' or 'stupid'. English is not a logical language, here are some examples:

1. single mouse is called mouse, plural is mice. But a few houses is not 'hice'

2. there is no egg in eggplant(locally called brinjal); hamburger doesn't contain ham

3. 'guinea pig' is not a pig and doesn't come from Guinea(country in Africa). It's a rodent.

4. If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat? Think cannibalism... ><

• Praise 1

Lets get back to topic and ignore the quarrels

It's just a mis-interpretation of a word, no need to get so touchy about the matter. Without checking dictionary, I believe the term 'no brainer' describes a situation where it is easy to make a decision without going through excessive thinking and analysis. Doesn't mean the subject 'does not have brains' or 'stupid'. English is not a logical language, here are some examples:

1. single mouse is called mouse, plural is mice. But a few houses is not 'hice'

2. there is no egg in eggplant(locally called brinjal); hamburger doesn't contain ham

3. 'guinea pig' is not a pig and doesn't come from Guinea(country in Africa). It's a rodent.

4. If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat? Think cannibalism... ><

There are many pointers to take into consideration.

On paper, it looks âcheapâ but may not so after you do your sums.

One of the terms and condition is that you must trade in your existing car or pay a $5,000 penalty, which brings the price of the car up to $80,000.

If you trade in your existing car to enjoy the $5,000 âdiscountâ to allow you to purchase the K3 at $75K, you must take into consideration that you will likely be offered paper value (otherewise known as scrap value) for your car, or easily $10K less than what you would have fetched in the open market, taking an 8 year old car as an example.

The compulsory in-house from AIA also costs considerably more than if you got a quote on your own. Eg. someone who was quoted $2,400 by AIA got a quote for only $1,700 from another insurer, but is unable to get the cheaper quote or he had to top up with a penalty.

Advisable to give a serious thought before you commit â what you see might not be what youâre getting.

Agree n agree.

Elantra is a better buy this time round.

"No brainer"

But do they have the margins to bid aggressively?

I know CNC is pretty aggressive

Edited by Friendstar
↡ Advertisement