New 2017 Kia Forte K3

ricleosg

Now new k3 features matches new Elantra. Or m I wols?

Comfort features yes but in terms of safety no. Elantra has 6 airbags and stability control across models but Cerato Forte K3 make do with just 2 and Cerato EX does not come with stability control.

Now new k3 features matches new Elantra. Or m I wols?

K3 has slightly fewer key features but then again if you look at pricing for SX (K3) vs Elite (Elantra),  the Elantra is priced at 6k higher, so it's something worth considering.

K3 SX lacks (that Elantra elite has):

Auto Dimming rearview mirror

Rain Sensor

6 Airbags (K3 has 2)

Blindspot Monitor (I think it's not standard in the K3 correct me if i'm wrong)

but it has certain features that the Elantra doesn't have like:

17 inch alloys

Paddle Shifters

Chrome Exhaust Tip

Ultimately, up to the individual which they prefer as both are quite well specced, and have similar engines and transmissions as well as roughly the same level of fit & finish.

For me I'd go for Elantra just because it's and all new model and I'm a sucker for new things (but I must admit the K3 looks quite good)

[:p]

• Praise 1

K3 has slightly fewer key features but then again if you look at pricing for SX (K3) vs Elite (Elantra), the Elantra is priced at 6k higher, so it's something worth considering.

Rain Sensor

6 Airbags (K3 has 2)

17 inch alloys

Paddle Shifters

Chrome Exhaust Tip

Ultimately, up to the individual which they prefer as both are quite well specced, and have similar engines and transmissions as well as roughly the same level of fit & finish.

For me I'd go for Elantra just because it's and all new model and I'm a sucker for new things (but I must admit the K3 looks quite good)

Tks for updating me bro. I oso like Elantra design better as the lines r cleaner n simpler.
  • Praise 1

K3 has slightly fewer key features but then again if you look at pricing for SX (K3) vs Elite (Elantra), the Elantra is priced at 6k higher, so it's something worth considering.

Rain Sensor

6 Airbags (K3 has 2)

17 inch alloys

Paddle Shifters

Chrome Exhaust Tip

Agreeed that some may go for Elantra cause it is based on a newer platform. It won't be long before Kia updates the K3 on this platform as well!

Kia K3 EX - $94,999

Hyundai Elantra GLS - $91,300

GLS is a real bare bones model with almost no features to speak of so personally the mid-tier S model seems to be a better comparison to the K3 EX. But undoubtedly the price of GLS would attract some buyers too, seen quite a few GLS models (from the rim design) on the roads.

GLS is a real bare bones model with almost no features to speak of so personally the mid-tier S model seems to be a better comparison to the K3 EX. But undoubtedly the price of GLS would attract some buyers too, seen quite a few GLS models (from the rim design) on the roads.

How bare is the GLS model of elantra is?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

certainly barebones enough to the point you wonder why they dare to market it as GLoriuS... America for example start as "SE"

• Praise 1

Back when this trim was just launched, I did a check with Hyundai SG via Facebook. This was what they replied.

"For the trim level as compare to "S", it doesn't have

- supervision cluster with LCD screen

- no day running light

- no ashtray lighter

- no electric folding mirror

- no rear cooling duct aircon vent

- no leather seat

- no luggage net & hook

- with 15" alloy rims (different rim design from S)

- no space rims

- no pushstart button

- no drivers safety windows

- no fog lamp

- no bluetooth

- no audio control on steering and

- no reverse sensor"

It should still be the same now.

• Praise 1

This is what it says on sgcarmart as of 23 Sep 16.

Ah, no wonder... I thought I was getting confused as sometimes I see the FL Elantra, but with out of place halogen DRLs, yet on other occasions, I see it with the LED DRLs and it looks almost like an Audi.

For a 10k difference, I would only take the GLS Elite. Besides  it's the only one with leather steering wheel.

• Praise 1

So you just need a basic car... and that's good... cos the price now is fantastic.

Even price now is fantastic also doesnt mean i will get the price offered. Actually a basic car for me is good enough, cause i dont really fancy those high end features on the car. Even electric adjustable seats i also find redundant. Lol.

↡ Advertisement