New 2017 Kia Forte K3

ricleosg

(edited)

any interior photos that you took??

Interior is same as current k3....only diff is the touchscreen....no Dvd player Edited by Potatoes

Interior is same as current k3....only diff is the touchscreen....no Dvd player

I'm still a bit unhappy with C&C using the outdated HU on the K5. Sienz.. have to go shopping for a new HU when the car arrives.. any recommendation? Preferable with Apple/ Android carplay

(edited)

They're all about the same - the third party head units. Just ensure three things:

1) The unit is compatible with the steering controls and give you full functionality.

2) Go for capacitive touch screen.

3) The vendor has custom face plates for your car's console to accommodate the head unit so that it doesn't protrude out or leave unsightly gaps. Most branded head units should have.

You can try Elegant Auto. Not the best around but I think they should have a version that fits. Komoco uses this China brand for the top trim Hyundai models. Search the Sonata thread (it's easier cos much shorter), and I posted the local contact there. They may have a better model with capacitive touch screen. What Komoco gave my Sonata is a resistive touch screen. Not good but I can live with it.

Edited by teomingern

Front and rear of K3 facelift

Interesting that name on rear is Cerato, is C&C intending to call it back the old name? [laugh]

Or just a demo car from another market (Australia or Malaysia since both markets call it Cerato). 

Supersonic

Interesting that name on rear is Cerato, is C&C intending to call it back the old name? [laugh]

Or just a demo car from another market (Australia or Malaysia since both markets call it Cerato). 

Seems like they like to call it cerato forte?!

Very inconsistent naming...

It used to be called the Spectra, then Cerato, then Forte, then Forte K3, then just K3. And it's called Cee'd in Europe. I don't know why the Koreans have the ridiculous naming strategy for different parts of the world.

It's the same for Hyundai. One name for Korea, Avante, then Elantra for the rest of the world. And iXX series in Europe.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kia_Cerato

They're all about the same - the third party head units. Just ensure three things:

1) The unit is compatible with the steering controls and give you full functionality.

3) The vendor has custom face plates for your car's console to accommodate the head unit so that it doesn't protrude out or leave unsightly gaps. Most branded head units should have.

You can try Elegant Auto. Not the best around but I think they should have a version that fits. Komoco uses this China brand for the top trim Hyundai models. Search the Sonata thread (it's easier cos much shorter), and I posted the local contact there. They may have a better model with capacitive touch screen. What Komoco gave my Sonata is a resistive touch screen. Not good but I can live with it.

Thanks. Will try to google it.

It used to be called the Spectra, then Cerato, then Forte, then Forte K3, then just K3. And it's called Cee'd in Europe. I don't know why the Koreans have the ridiculous naming strategy for different parts of the world.

It's the same for Hyundai. One name for Korea, Avante, then Elantra for the rest of the world. And iXX series in Europe.

Kia Cee'd and Hyundai i models are understandable since they are different models from what we get here. Agreed on the weird back and forth for local models, Avante for 1 generation here then back to Elantra for the next 2 generations. Noticed the new Optima dropped the K5 from its name too, now just the Optima instead of Optima K5 of previous gen. Really confusing. They should just call this the Forte for consistency with the local lineup.

What was the brand komoco gave?

Supersonic

Usually there will be different name cater for different countries even for others make. But if within the same country, they should stick with the same name for every generation. But seems like Korean cars like to keep changing the model name which is quite confusing.

Usually there will be different name cater for different countries even for others make. But if within the same country, they should stick with the same name for every generation. But seems like Korean cars like to keep changing the model name which is quite confusing.

difference comes from domestic and export models...same applies for Toyota Previa and Estima...both are essentially same car but named differently...

• Praise 1