New 2017 Kia Forte K3

ricleosg

Hi bros,

I book a white k3 basic snow white pearl, my work place has lots of bird dropping.  Any idea how to protect the paint or should I change to black color?

I didnt get coe again. 2 bid already. Kia bidding so low for me.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Hi bros,

I book a white k3 basic snow white pearl, my work place has lots of bird dropping. Any idea how to protect the paint or should I change to black color?

Aren't the side mirrors for the basic black in color? No look weird with white color body? Silver color is easiest to maintain.

Yes, side view mirror is black.  If taking snow white pearl, I have to wrap the side mirror $80. My headache is bird dropping.  If wanna to change to black color must pay $200 admin, dont know SE can waive or not.

Supercharged

Yes, side view mirror is black. If taking snow white pearl, I have to wrap the side mirror $80. My headache is bird dropping. If wanna to change to black color must pay $200 admin, dont know SE can waive or not.

Black n white color are the hardest to maintain cos any dirt would be obvious.. Shd consider other colors if maintenance is your concern.
  • Praise 1

Hi bros,

I book a white k3 basic snow white pearl, my work place has lots of bird dropping. Any idea how to protect the paint or should I change to black color?

Cheapest and most effective way, cover the car with canvas. But troublesome la.

Hi bros,

I book a white k3 basic snow white pearl, my work place has lots of bird dropping.  Any idea how to protect the paint or should I change to black color?

If you know your work place lots of bird dropping, maybe you should get silver or grey instead of white. Lol. If my workplace is at those industrial area or even like Jurong Island, i dont think i will get white although i might like white. Anyway, since you have booked for white, just try not to park near trees or go for car grooming more often lo.

Edited by 13177

Go for diamond coating to protect the paintwork. And yes, you should consider the canvas cover.. abit of a hassle but at least your car paintwork wont get destroyed.

• Praise 1

Yes, side view mirror is black. If taking snow white pearl, I have to wrap the side mirror $80. My headache is bird dropping. If wanna to change to black color must pay $200 admin, dont know SE can waive or not.

Check with e SE ba. Or like wat butcher has mentioned. Get those canvass n cover.

Philips diamond vision or the cheaper osram hyper blue. 5000k

Thanks bros for ur recommendation..

My car is the Pre FL SX Sports that has HID headlights. This has original D8S 4300K HID bulb as stock. Been hard to find the 5.5k/6k replacement bulbs, will try ur suggestions.. thanks again..

If you know your work place lots of bird dropping, maybe you should get silver or grey instead of white. Lol. If my workplace is at those industrial area or even like Jurong Island, i dont think i will get white although i might like white. Anyway, since you have booked for white, just try not to park near trees or go for car grooming more often lo.

Can buy car cover n diligently put it on everyday at work.. a must for tuas areas.. beats worrying abt bird dropping, sun uv rays, dark rain streaks etc.. n my white is still white after 2 yrs now..

Can buy car cover n diligently put it on everyday at work.. a must for tuas areas.. beats worrying abt bird dropping, sun uv rays, dark rain streaks etc.. n my white is still white after 2 yrs now..

my time is worth more so i bought a silver car... was driving white for 2 years.. lol

prefer to be served my car n not the other way round

• Praise 1

Go for diamond coating to protect the paintwork. And yes, you should consider the canvas cover.. abit of a hassle but at least your car paintwork wont get destroyed.

Hi,

What is the damage for diamond coating? effective?  Maybe do the roof only cos my hand cannot reach to clean the bird dropping.

Hi,

What is the damage for diamond coating? effective? Maybe do the roof only cos my hand cannot reach to clean the bird dropping.

There are lotsa independent establishments offering these coats at 200-300 bucks. Try looking for them om carousell.

If you want it done by a reputable company, then standby 800 bucks or more.

Effective or not, i cant guarantee. Cause im only 3 months into my coat. Though i think it does help in protecting the paint from water marks and general ease of washing the car.

There are lotsa independent establishments offering these coats at 200-300 bucks. Try looking for them om carousell.

If you want it done by a reputable company, then standby 800 bucks or more.

Effective or not, i cant guarantee. Cause im only 3 months into my coat. Though i think it does help in protecting the paint from water marks and general ease of washing the car.

Thk for the info.

my time is worth more so i bought a silver car... was driving white for 2 years.. lol

prefer to be served my car n not the other way round

4 mins flat put on n off.. beats having to serve n wash the car full.of bird droppings..lol..unless u dun bother to wash car or hv bangala wash for u la..

white is for appreciative folks who dun mind a bit more effort , whilst silver or grey more for mundane transport..

4 mins flat put on n off.. beats having to serve n wash the car full.of bird droppings..lol..unless u dun bother to wash car or hv bangala wash for u la..

white is for appreciative folks who dun mind a bit more effort , whilst silver or grey more for mundane transport..

Yes i agree. Put in abit more effort into our 2nd wife/gf. It is, afterall, our 2nd big purchase (besides our house). For most of us, at least.

ya. i don't wash my own car.. i pay to let people wash...

after driving more than a decade n owning more than 5 cars.. a car is a car.. unless maybe when i own a Bentley then diff haha but can't see that coming in the next 5-10 yrs. .

↡ Advertisement