MCF kaki UBERers/GRABCARers

RadX

Just saw a Mazda 3 LCR... I didn't know that the Mazda was one of the LCR cars too. 

carclub got quite a number of new mazda 3 also

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Grab users, when offering/using GrabHitch, Facebook account required?

I trying to use GrabHitch but it pops up request for Facebook account.

Grab users, when offering/using GrabHitch, Facebook account required?

I trying to use GrabHitch but it pops up request for Facebook account.

Yes, using GrabHitch requires Facebook account.

why need Facebook account to hail a cab sia.....

They want to see the demographics of their users. Then determine which discounts etcs work better for these users. Or where they can strengthen lor. Maybe they will find 18-25 they very strong, but very weak in demographics uptil 35. or maybe only men like to use. Then they will promote a women's discount day etc.

Now is all about data driven analytics on improving your business.

They want to see the demographics of their users. Then determine which discounts etcs work better for these users. Or where they can strengthen lor. Maybe they will find 18-25 they very strong, but very weak in demographics uptil 35. or maybe only men like to use. Then they will promote a women's discount day etc.

Now is all about data driven analytics on improving your business.

then ask for age and gender can liao mah.... FB is like opening your private life to them

which is why i no Facebook

Edited by Galantspeedz

then ask for age and gender can liao mah.... FB is like opening your private life to them

which is why i no Facebook

The more linkage to a social network, the more you can understand the clients from their (companies) perspective.

Of course to us it's an invasion of privacy but the younger generation is more likely to allow such convenience.

Virtually any service provider over the internet allows u to now log in with FB/google/apple ID etc now.

Age/gender is just the tip of the iceberg. Of course a lot of it is like trying to study the movement of sand on a beach. It's meaningless for the most part but everyone is trying to analyse it  [laugh]

The more linkage to a social network, the more you can understand the clients from their (companies) perspective.

Of course to us it's an invasion of privacy but the younger generation is more likely to allow such convenience.

Virtually any service provider over the internet allows u to now log in with FB/google/apple ID etc now.

Age/gender is just the tip of the iceberg. Of course a lot of it is like trying to study the movement of sand on a beach. It's meaningless for the most part but everyone is trying to analyse it  [laugh]

not meaningless... think they sell data lor.... as advert

Looks like Grab is launching their GrabShare service... same like Uberpool...

Heard quite a few U complain king queen jump ship to G citing Uberpool dumb this that cause them lost time etc. After knowing that G gonna launch this service, I laugh till almost fall off chair. 

So far my experience with grab is better. cheaper and same standard. I checked my app, grab quote me $8 to my destination, my own car, not sharing. Uber quote me $10.58 to go to same destination. If I pool, will be $8.45. Uber can go f spider, your this kind of rate, nobody will want to take your car. I think we can say bye bye to Uber.

Uber Born 2014 - Died Jun 2017.

So far my experience with grab is better. cheaper and same standard. I checked my app, grab quote me $8 to my destination, my own car, not sharing. Uber quote me $10.58 to go to same destination. If I pool, will be $8.45. Uber can go f spider, your this kind of rate, nobody will want to take your car. I think we can say bye bye to Uber.

Uber Born 2014 - Died Jun 2017.

Think depends on the demand of customers and the availability of cars at that time, right? I tried few times before, seems like grab is higher than uber for my case le?!

Think depends on the demand of customers and the availability of cars at that time, right? I tried few times before, seems like grab is higher than uber for my case le?!

Don't think so. Grab quote has been consistent in my case. Whereas for uber, they are pretty inconsistent. Anyway, to me both are taxi bringing me to my destination. Cheapest one get my money. hahaha

Grab is cheaper than uber for my case too.

Anyway, whichever bring me to my destination cheaper get my money.

不管黑猫或者白猫,会抓老鼠就是好猫。

Don't think so. Grab quote has been consistent in my case. Whereas for uber, they are pretty inconsistent. Anyway, to me both are taxi bringing me to my destination. Cheapest one get my money. hahaha

if thats the case Grab may die before Uber, at the rate theyre burning cash by charging cheaper n cheaper rates

if thats the case Grab may die before Uber, at the rate theyre burning cash by charging cheaper n cheaper rates

depend on how you see it. They can be charging cheaper rate or earn lesser but win by volume. Anyway, Grab don't throw money as often as Uber in my opinion. I see more of Uber advertisement on cheap rental, cheap ride, promo etc. For grab, I only see a few. Anyway, I hope both die out and situation become supply = demand. not like now, supply is > than demand. Go shopping mall find cp also chance upon those rental car fighting for lots.

depend on how you see it. They can be charging cheaper rate or earn lesser but win by volume. Anyway, Grab don't throw money as often as Uber in my opinion. I see more of Uber advertisement on cheap rental, cheap ride, promo etc. For grab, I only see a few. Anyway, I hope both die out and situation become supply = demand. not like now, supply is > than demand. Go shopping mall find cp also chance upon those rental car fighting for lots.

Both also burn $$$.  Whether they survive or not, does not depends on how fast they burn $$$.

It depends on whether they could find further seed $$$$.

Currently, even di di in China is still burning $$$.