MCF kaki UBERers/GRABCARers

RadX

hey pal, any of the apps platform allows us to sign up as drivers without having to convert our car insurance to one for commercial use?

the other day sat in a private saloon.  Volvo s80 booked via grabtaxi.  the driver is charging very high, not very good attitude and doesn't know the routes well.

I could have done a much better job.

hey pal, any of the apps platform allows us to sign up as drivers without having to convert our car insurance to one for commercial use?

the other day sat in a private saloon.  Volvo s80 booked via grabtaxi.  the driver is charging very high, not very good attitude and doesn't know the routes well.

get those RYDE and grabhitch

can use Paypal which you should already have one.

Yep, I have a Paypal account too but usually I used for govt services or small value goods.

Normal car comprehensive insurance enough for Grabhitch?

It really depends on the insurance coverage. Please read the fine print of the insurance, e.g. Grabhitch which comes with monetary payment may not be covered.

From my limited understanding of vehicle insurance, the drivers are always at the losing end. Once accident, the insurer will start to give reasons to void payment.

the other day sat in a private saloon. Volvo s80 booked via grabtaxi. the driver is charging very high, not very good attitude and doesn't know the routes well.

Premium car, premium driver, premium price wor. Haha

Premium car, premium driver, premium price wor. Haha

his attitude quite lame.  we hailed him through the apps and told him to come to clark quay and then liang court taxi stand.  he took a long while to come and then his excuse is we passengers were waiting at wrong place as his pointed out the front end of liang court as the only place he would call liang court as he waited there.

then we told him that part no taxi stand he couldn't refute but still insisted the part we waited is not taxi stand.  come on, anyone who ever driven to liang court will know where is the axi stand and it makes sense to drive in the minor road encompassing liang court for which you can look for the passenger from start of liang court to end of liang court.

that's not even taking into account that the apps would show him clearly we are standing beside the river side of the clark quay.......really lame......

and when driving to the 2nd drop off point, he didn't even know queenstown mrt and Queensway shopping centre are not located beside each other..lousy driver.

his attitude quite lame.  we hailed him through the apps and told him to come to clark quay and then liang court taxi stand.  he took a long while to come and then his excuse is we passengers were waiting at wrong place as his pointed out the front end of liang court as the only place he would call liang court as he waited there.

then we told him that part no taxi stand he couldn't refute but still insisted the part we waited is not taxi stand.  come on, anyone who ever driven to liang court will know where is the axi stand and it makes sense to drive in the minor road encompassing liang court for which you can look for the passenger from start of liang court to end of liang court.

that's not even taking into account that the apps would show him clearly we are standing beside the river side of the clark quay.......really lame......

and when driving to the 2nd drop off point, he didn't even know queenstown mrt and Queensway shopping centre are not located beside each other..lousy driver.

Feedback to Grabtaxi, let them deal with the driver.

maybe in another 10 years time, i won't know how to take taxi anymore lol [laugh]

For me, hailing a taxi at my dwelling place is not an issue at d moment. But very soon, all taxis will response to apps call. Those younger gen or better off ones, very impatient type don't bother about on fare will make app calls. I know of a fren, who got 2 young kids, always conveniently get grab taxi n pay by cc. Father pay leh. The older generation, not apps savvy, soon lost out. Cham liao.

For me, hailing a taxi at my dwelling place is not an issue at d moment. But very soon, all taxis will response to apps call. Those younger gen or better off ones, very impatient type don't bother about on fare will make app calls. I know of a fren, who got 2 young kids, always conveniently get grab taxi n pay by cc. Father pay leh. The older generation, not apps savvy, soon lost out. Cham liao.

i think the shock from seeing the bill is lesser than buying games online   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

It depends on: -

1. Whether own ride is still under loan

2. Whether the owner is comfortable to transfer the ride under a company (ownership will show as 2 instead of 1)

3. Whether owner prepared to fork out more for commercial insurance premium

4. Whether owner prepared to incur high maintenance fee since more mileage is clocked

use own ride must transfer ownership to company?

Twincharged

use own ride must transfer ownership to company?

No la. Just have to register with LTA as private hire car. Then buy commercial insurance.

Supercharged

that's the problem when the service provider doesn't have a relevant training like a taxi driver.

some of these uber and grabdriver are usually new, heard some sweet stories about who and who

just booked an unit in Bukit Timah 6 ave for just driving 3rd party app, need some fast cash and just

spring board into the trade. they then realised that there are only a handful of food for a big pool of

drivers waiting to swallow. The patch of grass was not green as they thought. not forgetting that

some of these new drivers actually quit their full-time job and converted their private car to

commercial used with commercial insurance. now, they would do anything to recoup costs.

well, i'm not against these private taxi drivers. however, i think they are cheaper than normal taxi

at certain time. (not all the time). but i think our population is still too little for so much of these

service provider.

juz my thought.

www.taxiuncle.com

Edited by Yeobt
  • Praise 3

it didn't seem cheaper to me.

my friend was quoted $40 (it was 1am plus) from clark quay to hillview..and for 2 additional stops(shangrila hotel and queenstown mrt) that are on the way, it is additional $20, making it a total of $60. 

I have taken midnight cab from change airport till queenstown and it cost me only about $36 (even with airport and midnight surcharge).  distance wise, I believe changi to queenstown is further than clark quay to hillview.  how can clark quay to hillview charge more even at base rates?

that's the problem when the service provider doesn't have a relevant training like a taxi driver.

some of these uber and grabdriver are usually new, heard some sweet stories about who and who

just booked an unit in Bukit Timah 6 ave for just driving 3rd party app, need some fast cash and just

spring board into the trade. they then realised that there are only a handful of food for a big pool of

drivers waiting to swallow. The patch of grass was not green as they thought. not forgetting that

some of these new drivers actually quit their full-time job and converted their private car to

commercial used with commercial insurance. now, they would do anything to recoup costs.

well, i'm not against these private taxi drivers. however, i think they are cheaper than normal taxi

at certain time. (not all the time). but i think our population is still too little for so much of these

service provider.

juz my thought.

www.taxiuncle.com

↡ Advertisement