MCF kaki UBERers/GRABCARers

RadX

Half correct, half wrong.

COE cars are still able to be used for PH. Subject to approval by respective coy.

Need to bring down the car for them to inspect the condition of the car.

Concur.

My nett per week was ard 1.1k.

Im doing part time and only when im free..

Rental is cheap.

Steady man

You have 14 hours of free time every day?

↡ Advertisement

Not every day I have that luxury of free time.. But when im free, that is my nett..

But most weeks I will just bring home net of about $400.. Just enough for weekly leisure and makan..

Life is tough..

Oh I thought u meant that u make 1.1k nett per week driving part time

I just saw a Corolla Altis not axio .. I guess the Altis has joined the uber stable ..

U mean from LCR?

Errrr, I rented one brand new Altis from last year sept to this year march liao.

For those FT drivers under contracts usually will drive more than 12hrs to break even.

Because they have to absorb the full rental per day.

While for my case, I am a part time and only rent when I needed.

My 12hr online can earn on avg $240 before rental & petrol.

Rental - $30

Petrol - $35 before 19% discount.

FT have more to lose if they don't drive more than 12hrs.

That is why, more FT drivers are throwing keys.

The irony of people plying into a trade which they have no knowledge about.

Even the maps available online are not reliable.

That is why I hate drivers from the most right lane stopping in the middle of traffic and trying to filter to the extreme left. No sense of road courtesy.

My guess is you drove less than 3 months. 

More then 3 months already..

Good for you. PH platform is not for FT to begin with, but if doing FT still can earn a decent living, provided one is not greedy enough to think PH platform can earn fast bucks or become richer than Richard Brandson in short time. And yes, many drivers dived into this trade without understanding what its all about and how to make the best of it. When they realized they were wrong, their dream got smash, they start complaining. No wonder so many riders keep asking me if driving Uber / Grab can make ends meet. I immediately know that one too many drivers pour their "grievances" and ignorance to riders. Such is life. 

Good for you. PH platform is not for FT to begin with, but if doing FT still can earn a decent living, provided one is not greedy enough to think PH platform can earn fast bucks or become richer than Richard Brandson in short time. And yes, many drivers dived into this trade without understanding what its all about and how to make the best of it. When they realized they were wrong, their dream got smash, they start complaining. No wonder so many riders keep asking me if driving Uber / Grab can make ends meet. I immediately know that one too many drivers pour their "grievances" and ignorance to riders. Such is life. 

That is why many of my peers call me "High Class" driver. [laugh]  [laugh] [laugh]  

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/tougher-to-claim-against-private-hire-cars-lawyers

Parties involved in accidents with private-hire cars operated by companies such as Uber and Grab tend to have a harder time settling their claims, according to lawyers who act for insurers.

These vehicles are involved in accidents more frequently than other passenger cars, added insurers.

Major insurers that cover these fleets told The Straits Times that private-hire cars, which have more than tripled in number to 51,000 in the last three years, are 30 per cent to 50 per cent more likely to meet with an accident.

Typically, the number of accidents reported represents 10 per cent to 15 per cent of the passenger car population. But for private-hire cars, that figure is 20 per cent to 25 per cent.

General Insurance Association president A.K. Cher said: "These cars are on the road longer than the normal passenger car.

"Many of them are also driven by very young and inexperienced drivers.

"And they also rely heavily on their mobile devices for navigation, so (the drivers) can be distracted."

The concern is underscored by data on Uber-owned Lion City Rentals, which is looking for a new insurer.

Its fleet grew from 1,412 last February to 8,676 in November. In that period, its cars were involved in more than 2,100 accidents, incurring close to $10 million in claims.

The figures come from an insurer vying for Lion City's business.

"It is hard to gauge its accident rate because the fleet has grown so fast," said an underwriter in that firm. "But assuming an average of 5,000 (cars in the fleet), it would translate to a ratio of 40 per cent."

This is similar to the accident rate for taxis and commercial vehicles.

Insurers did not want to be named as they were bidding for Lion City's contract. A current insurer, Ergo, did not wish to comment either.

Uber declined to comment when approached.

Meanwhile, lawyers acting for insurers said they are seeing more cases involving private-hire cars, and these tend to be harder to settle.

All private-hire cars must be insured, but their premiums are higher, reflecting their risk exposure.

Mr Patrick Yeo, a partner at Withers KhattarWong, said his firm had handled an injury claims case in which the private-hire driver was underage and therefore uninsured.

"In a case of an uninsured private-hire car driver, the damage to the cars involved is also (deemed) uninsured," Mr Yeo said.

"The owner of the car damaged by the private-hire car will have no recourse against the insurers of the private-hire car. They would have to sue the driver or owner of the private-hire car directly."

He cited another case where a Grab driver was not covered by the insurance policy because he had less than two years' driving experience - the minimum declared in the policy.

Mr Anthony Chey, a partner at RHTLaw Taylor Wessing, said he had represented a pedestrian who was knocked down by an Uber car at a pedestrian crossing in 2015.

"The case appeared simple enough as liability was clearly against the vehicle driver," Mr Chey said. But it dragged on for nearly a year because the insurer did not respond, despite reminders.

"Along the way, I learnt that... the case was delayed because of some policy issues regarding the insurance coverage," he said.

"The claim, which should have been settled within three months, ended up taking 11 months."

Insurers and lawyers advise motorists involved in a road accident to request the other driver's identity card details, in case the person is a private-hire driver.

Turbocharged

Another accident-causing issue I reckon with private hire cars is that they aren't conspicuously marked like normal taxis are, so if they suddenly pull over to drop off a customer at their requested spot, other drivers may not expect it whereas with taxis you don't shock completely if the hazards suddenly come on...

• Praise 2

Another accident-causing issue I reckon with private hire cars is that they aren't conspicuously marked like normal taxis are, so if they suddenly pull over to drop off a customer at their requested spot, other drivers may not expect it whereas with taxis you don't shock completely if the hazards suddenly come on...

yes i encounter a few times, illegal turns included [rifle]

Twincharged

My gf (then) last time took Uber a few times and half of them, the driver was very chatty and asked too many things. Cannot just keep to their jobs lol.

Then like to paste black tape over the LCR text on their rear number plate =x

Now they upgrade la. Now many people know all black plate is LCR so they use parallel importer license plate frame. My relative took one today. We were surprised the car license plate show some other name but the driver revealed is LCR car but he change the frame. Lol.

Now they upgrade la. Now many people know all black plate is LCR so they use parallel importer license plate frame. My relative took one today. We were surprised the car license plate show some other name but the driver revealed is LCR car but he change the frame. Lol.

No wonder have been seeing more PI license plate frame nowadays.

• Praise 1

Actually now when I see a Attrage, I will keep a safe distance.
  • Praise 2

I am just wondering.. why go through so much trouble to hide such thing?

↡ Advertisement