MCF kaki UBERers/GRABCARers

RadX

Guys, noob question- if u rent a car from Grab, do we need to pay for the maintenance, servicing, tyres replacement?

Eg - $30 per day...x 30 days = $900.00 rental per month.

If maintenance and all are by Grab...this is the net rental per month that we have to pay?

No need. If is rental than all those costs are covered for. You only pay rental + whatever usage costs (fuel etc).

Issit...damn!

I thot can do like part time and still use the

Edited by Benarsenal
↡ Advertisement

No need. If is rental than all those costs are covered for. You only pay rental + whatever usage costs (fuel etc).

If you wanna do part time then do the hourly ones, like Smove or Tribecar. More worth that way.

Smoke, Tribecar...not heard of them before...

Will check them out...

Thanks for the info

Anyone bought used car for driving Grab?

Anyone knows the interest rates and downpayment by the finance companies that do such loans? I heard not many finance companies doing these.

Want to check out the rates to compare.

Edited by Wildfaye29

(edited)

My QQ is ROPC reg Apr-2009 and I just renewed 1yr rd tax. If my car allow to use for Uber and Grab then I intend to convert ROPC to normal plate for the purpose of getting extra income driving Uber or Grab.

Edited by Johny_walker

Supercharged

Can. As long as minimum 4 doors and 4 seats then is allowed.

Correct, that is what a Uber driver told me. He was driving a Honda Jazz.

Believed there are some Suzuki Swift also as Uber cars....

Correct, that is what a Uber driver told me. He was driving a Honda Jazz.

Believed there are some Suzuki Swift also as Uber cars....

do they have a category of mini car for max 2 pax? if a group of 4 ang moh call uber and came a swift, i wonder how they going to squeeze in   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

Supercharged

do they have a category of mini car for max 2 pax? if a group of 4 ang moh call uber and came a swift, i wonder how they going to squeeze in   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

That is the risk if you call Uber/Grab, cos they don't have a standard type of vehicle. Unlike Comfort, their smallest vehicle is at least a 2 Litre Sonata.

That is why if I need a taxi to airport with luggage, I will usually book Comfort.

I guess the rider can reject/cancel the booking once the car model is shown on his mobile app, citing certain reasons so Uber/Grab don't charge them a $6 cancellation fee.

Supersonic

That is the risk if you call Uber/Grab, cos they don't have a standard type of vehicle. Unlike Comfort, their smallest vehicle is at least a 2 Litre Sonata.

That is why if I need a taxi to airport with luggage, I will usually book Comfort.

I guess the rider can reject/cancel the booking once the car model is shown on his mobile app, citing certain reasons so Uber/Grab don't charge them a $6 cancellation fee.

Think if the rider cancel the ride within 3 mins, no cancellation fee is charge. So rider still can choose the type of car they want.

Supercharged

Think if the rider cancel the ride within 3 mins, no cancellation fee is charge. So rider still can choose the type of car they want.

Even kena charged, can write/email them to have it waived. Of course the request is up to their discretion.

I have done this before, cos the Uber car no-show, so I had to cancel and re-booked. Then I got charged $6 ! I wrote to them to explain, they credit me back $6 on my next ride.

that is true, last year when we were going holiday and worried about taxi cannot take 4 luggage and trying to book uber XL. Then decide to call comfort and ask about the bigger car they have, end up the CS told me dun worry, Sonata is good enough (save some money too)   [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

by no mean discriminate, but not sure if passengers are thrilled by a qq that comes and pick them up.

if the car is small, old, or dirty, passenger will leave negative review and i guess the car will soon be taken off from their fleet?

if the car is small, old, or dirty, passenger will leave negative review and i guess the car will soon be taken off from their fleet?

i am more concern about safety if the car happened to get into an accident like rear ended, and passengers sitting behind.  :lll._.:

sorry, but i have little faith in cina made car in terms of safety.

Supercharged

by no mean discriminate, but not sure if passengers are thrilled by a qq that comes and pick them up.

Haha..take it as a "test ride" in a car which you won't ever had to chance to try on. [laugh]

Anyway since I took Uber, I had a chance to ride Vezel, Vios, Altis, Attrage.... which if not, I may not have a chance to ride on, at all.

• Praise 2

Haha..take it as a "test ride" in a car which you won't ever had to chance to try on. [laugh]

Anyway since I took Uber, I had a chance to ride Vezel, Vios, Altis, Attrage.... which if not, I may not have a chance to ride on, at all.

to add on the list you mentioned, i rode in odyssey(RB3), estima(ACR50), IS200.

↡ Advertisement