Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic | 36 praises

Posted 02 December 2015 - 02:54 PM

Icebird
  • Icebird
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone has experience with this - I am getting a new phone and am thinking of selling my current phone. If I sell my current iphone to a second hand phone dealer, can they transfer the data in my phone for me to my new phone?

Posted 02 December 2015 - 03:02 PM

ins1dious
  • Premium member
    ins1dious
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone has experience with this - I am getting a new phone and am thinking of selling my current phone. If I sell my current iphone to a second hand phone dealer, can they transfer the data in my phone for me to my new phone?

Your data should be your responsibility bro. Especially with an iPhone... it's damn easy to back up, erase your current phone and restore to new phone. 

I wouldn't trust someone else to do that... also to make sure he's deleted all of the data from your old phone.

I've only dealt with a shop in Far East Plaza... Mobile Square... forget which level. They were pretty good when I sold a couple of unwanted gifts to them. Haven't bought anything though... so not sure how their warranties work.

http://mobilesquare.com.sg/en/

Whatever you do... don't go to Why Mobile in the same plaza... damn rude and useless guys there. 

Vid, RH1667, Blueray, Doppel and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 02 December 2015 - 03:06 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

you want to be the second Edison Chen?

Mercury1, Doppel and 1 Anonymous member praised this
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 02 December 2015 - 03:46 PM

Icebird
  • Icebird
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Your data should be your responsibility bro. Especially with an iPhone... it's damn easy to back up, erase your current phone and restore to new phone. 

I wouldn't trust someone else to do that... also to make sure he's deleted all of the data from your old phone.

I've only dealt with a shop in Far East Plaza... Mobile Square... forget which level. They were pretty good when I sold a couple of unwanted gifts to them. Haven't bought anything though... so not sure how their warranties work.

http://mobilesquare.com.sg/en/

Whatever you do... don't go to Why Mobile in the same plaza... damn rude and useless guys there. 

That's true. How can I be sure all data is deleted? I am using iphone 6.

Posted 02 December 2015 - 04:09 PM

ins1dious
  • Premium member
    ins1dious
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

That's true. How can I be sure all data is deleted? I am using iphone 6.

http://osxdaily.com/...phone-for-sale/

I agree with the OSXDaily article.

1) Make two backups of the iPhone: one with iTunes on your Mac/PC and second with iCloud backup. But if no Mac/PC doesn't matter... the iCloud backup doesn't save the actual apps... just the names... so these need to be downloaded again in the new phone. But all the user settings / user data / app settings are saved.

That's if you're getting another iPhone... if not... you should read a bit more about migrating to Android. I don't have a clue about that.

2) Sign out of iMessage on your phone

Apple also has their recommended steps to follow;

https://support.appl.../en-sg/HT201351

If you have tons of photo... than you're probably going to run out of iCloud space. I recommend getting the new Google Photo app. Damn good and gives you complete backup of pics and videos. Upload this before erasing your phone (obviously)

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:25 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

He got nothing to hide ...... [sly]

So sell lor ... :grin:

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 03 December 2015 - 05:57 PM

L23
  • L23
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Maybe she is Serina Wee leh?

You sure you given the right advice ?  :inlove:  :inlove:

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:27 AM

Freestylers09
  • Freestylers09
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Juz wondering why dun google n learn it?

If not 10years down the road..still back to same question

Backup for iphone hardor android not hard juz abit effort

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:32 PM

Slx5450
  • Premium member
    Slx5450
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

If you want to perform a complete data wipe, you could try this http://www.onestopmo...sg/how-it-works or http://www.onestopmo...iagnostic-tests

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:44 AM

Detach8
  • Premium member
    Detach8
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Go to WhyMobile.com and they will help you wipe your phone before you trade in. They don't want a phone that will end up kena locked or what either.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: iphone, mobile, data, second and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users