Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
44 replies to this topic | 34 praises

Posted 02 December 2015 - 04:31 PM

elmoguy
  • elmoguy
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone know of any local shops that sell rain shield for side mirror and side windows?

Thank.

ScreenHunter_4909 Dec. 02 16.30.jpg ScreenHunter_4910 Dec. 02 16.31.jpg ScreenHunter_4911 Dec. 02 16.31.jpg

Posted 02 December 2015 - 04:59 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

http://list.qoo10.sg...-RAIN/411605352

For windows it's model specific. May take a look from car accessories shops or ebay.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:18 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just apply rain-x on the side mirror and window.

Janling3 and Yewheng praised this

Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:43 PM

Janling3
  • Premium member
    Janling3
    6th Gear
    Author Image

yes, we need to ensure the mirror in free of oil residue etc by applying glass compound. As for the side mirror we need to apply mirror coat (0 speed). Rain-x is for wind screen (40km/h or above). One of the established brand is http://www.soft99.co...ss_coating.html besides rain-x brand

Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:53 PM

elmoguy
  • elmoguy
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I tried other brand previously and it is not effective at all? Is Rain-X that effective? Thanks for your prompt reply.

yes, we need to ensure the mirror in free of oil residue etc by applying glass compound. As for the side mirror we need to apply mirror coat (0 speed). Rain-x is for wind screen (40km/h or above). One of the established brand is http://www.soft99.co...ss_coating.html besides rain-x brand

Thanks. Soft99 and Rain-X, which is the best? I heard my colleagues mentioned Rain-X before.

My application area will be side view mirror and side windows.

Posted 03 December 2015 - 06:36 PM

elmoguy
  • elmoguy
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

20151203 06.33 24.jpg

Purchased Rain-X as I couldn't find Soft99. Hopefully it works.

Previously, I use Rain Act, not very effective.

20151203 06.35 25.jpg

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:33 AM

Kohanson
  • Premium member
    Kohanson
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

attachicon.gif20151203 06.33 24.jpg

Purchased Rain-X as I couldn't find Soft99. Hopefully it works.

Previously, I use Rain Act, not very effective.

attachicon.gif20151203 06.35 25.jpg

I used to use rain x for my front windscreen and side mirrors. It is quite effective but only last for about 5 rainy weathers and need to re apply. You do not even need to activate your wiper when it is raining. However, if you are using for front windscreen, you need to take note that your front wiper will start to judder.
dcb praised this

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:38 AM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I tried other brand previously and it is not effective at all? Is Rain-X that effective? Thanks for your prompt reply.

Thanks. Soft99 and Rain-X, which is the best? I heard my colleagues mentioned Rain-X before.

My application area will be side view mirror and side windows.

I think it's the same chemical in Rain-X. I'm actually using a cheapo MY made brand right now.

It smells, felt and work the same.

It's very effective.

I just apply on the side windows and mirrors. Rain will just splatter off, they don't stick there.

Giving you a clear view. However, you might need to reapply it after a couple of weeks or months.

But it's good enough for the rainy period.

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:50 AM

elmoguy
  • elmoguy
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I used to use rain x for my front windscreen and side mirrors. It is quite effective but only last for about 5 rainy weathers and need to re apply. You do not even need to activate your wiper when it is raining. However, if you are using for front windscreen, you need to take note that your front wiper will start to judder.

You are right. It damaged my front wiper few years back. Thanks.

I think it's the same chemical in Rain-X. I'm actually using a cheapo MY made brand right now.

It smells, felt and work the same.

It's very effective.

I just apply on the side windows and mirrors. Rain will just splatter off, they don't stick there.

Giving you a clear view. However, you might need to reapply it after a couple of weeks or months.

But it's good enough for the rainy period.

Would you be able to share the brand with me? I guess, it is more on the effectiveness rather than brand. I can consider your after my current one finishes. THanks.

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:03 AM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I bought this when I was driving around in MY

suzkol.jpg

For Rain-x you should get the original water repellent

Rain%E2%80%91X-Original-Glass-Water-Repe

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:09 PM

Vinljp
  • Premium member
    Vinljp
    1st Gear
    Author Image

You are right. It damaged my front wiper few years back. Thanks.

Would you be able to share the brand with me? I guess, it is more on the effectiveness rather than brand. I can consider your after my current one finishes. THanks.

Reason why it will damage your wiper because it is ANTI-Wipers... [laugh] ...conflict of interest and function...

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:25 PM

Altis72
  • Premium member
    Altis72
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Any feedback on Glaco products?

Posted 14 December 2015 - 10:19 PM

elmoguy
  • elmoguy
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Any feedback on Glaco products?

This is Soft99? http://www.soft99.co..._mirror_pv.html

20151214 10.18 69.jpg

It looks very impressive as compared to my newly bought Rain-X which I got. Anyone knows where to get this? I couldn't find it in Autobac. I would like to try this out.

Posted 14 December 2015 - 10:29 PM

elmoguy
  • elmoguy
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Think it should be this: http://www.concordea...product_id=1433

20151214 10.28 70.jpg

Posted 14 December 2015 - 10:35 PM

Yewheng
  • Premium member
    Yewheng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Watched youtube and other comments, there are people who commented to prevent front wiper to judder when applying rain x on front windscreen, also apply on the front wiper too. Damp the cloth with rain x and then wipe it over the front wiper.

Don't know whether it really works, never got a chance to try it out.
Kangadrool praised this

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:30 PM

Kohanson
  • Premium member
    Kohanson
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Watched youtube and other comments, there are people who commented to prevent front wiper to judder when applying rain x on front windscreen, also apply on the front wiper too. Damp the cloth with rain x and then wipe it over the front wiper.

Don't know whether it really works, never got a chance to try it out.

Thanks bro, will checked it out as I have added the rain x washer fluid to my wiper water container and applied it on my wind screen.

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:44 PM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I should use rain X on the reverse camera.

Hyundai Accent 2003, Honda GD1 Jazz 2004, Honda GE6 FIT 2008, Volkswagen Polo 6R 2012, Mazda 2 DJ Deluxe 2015............

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:46 PM

Yewheng
  • Premium member
    Yewheng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I should use rain X on the reverse camera.

Later your reverse camera become blur then you know..
dcb and Volvobrick praised this

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:50 PM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Will one ah? Thought the rainwater will not stick on the camera.

Later your reverse camera become blur then you know..

Hyundai Accent 2003, Honda GD1 Jazz 2004, Honda GE6 FIT 2008, Volkswagen Polo 6R 2012, Mazda 2 DJ Deluxe 2015............

Posted 18 December 2015 - 09:33 PM

elmoguy
  • elmoguy
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

For Rain X 2 in 1 user, glass cleaner and rain repllent, how much do you apply on your side rear mirror and door glasses? I sprayed till it was totally wet and feel the smoothness on the glass before I stopping applying. However, it seems like not above to last for 2 days. Any comment?

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Bullsone RainOK Speed Spray

Bullsone RainOK Speed Spray  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Insaneguy  |  2nd Gear

Very good performance in rain

The major advantage of this speed spray vs other similar products is that you just need to spray it evenly on your windscreen and windows. No tedious application (e.G. Pour into cloth and do circular motion on windscreen) is required. Perf... » Read More

Bullsone RainOK Extreme Rain Repellent for Side View Mirrors

Bullsone RainOK Extreme Rain Repellent for Side View Mirrors  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Kys99  |  1st Gear

Improved visibility during heavy rain

Easy to apply, but the catch is to thoroughly clean all windows properly before applying, if not other substances like dried dirty water will affect the properties of the products. Just make sure the area of application is clean properly

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Windscreen Care

Quick Reply

Tags: toyota, rainshield, rain, shield and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users