Android Auto and Apple CarPlay

elmoguy

There no In-Car Entertainment system that supports Android Auto but there's system which supports Apple CarPlay.

Just wondering when will Android Auto system be supported here in Singapore!

post-165514-0-30711900-1449065934.jpg

post-165514-0-55345700-1449065934.jpg

↡ Advertisement

i just bought 8850, dont think it support andorid auto

8850 supports android auto, using it now.

You need to download the APK separately which is currently not officially available in Play Store.

• Praise 1

what phone are you using now? me using samsung a8.

cannot install

you have to be running android 5.1 and above to use Android Auto.

also, generally the better your phone specs. the smoother the android auto experience no matter what your HU/infotainment system, since it's running off your phone, not your HU.

(edited)

Current firmware is 5.1, had downloaded AAK but when syncing, it stated no available for our country

that's weird. I wonder why that is, if you side load it shouldn't matter...anyway I helped out some fellow forumers over in other thread, maybe it will be helpful to you as well.

link to post: http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2702458-opel-astra-2016/?p=5883622

Edited by DrivingApe
  • Praise 2

Thank you, I managed to DL AA onto my phone but when I tried to sync with AA on the head unit it stated this item is not available for this country

Thank you, I managed to DL AA onto my phone but when I tried to sync with AA on the head unit it stated this item is not available for this country

possible for you to attach screenshot or photo?

just to be sure you did plug your android device in usb2 correct?

I see but what about sg market? Sometimes the models that come in here don't have apple play

Haha wah that one you'll have to do a bit of homework yourself  [:p]

If the model you are looking for is from AD then the list should be accurate - I can't think of any reason why the AD would gut the Apple CarPlay feature from the stock HU. Just from a quick browse on the Audi SG website, the latest A4 does support Apple CarPlay.

The uncertainty comes from PI models, especially the JDM ones as they may not have the stock HU. However most of them will fit their own infotainment system, such as the Pioneer 8850, and that will support Apple CarPlay as well. I don't know whether the voice commands will be as well-integrated though.

Edited by DrivingApe

Haha wah that one you'll have to do a bit of homework yourself [:p]

If the model you are looking for is from AD then the list should be accurate - I can't think of any reason why the AD would gut the Apple CarPlay feature from the stock HU. Just from a quick browse on the Audi SG website, the latest A4 does support Apple CarPlay.

The uncertainty comes from PI models, especially the JDM ones as they may not have the stock HU. However most of them will fit their own infotainment system, such as the Pioneer 8850, and that will support Apple CarPlay as well. I don't know whether the voice commands will be as well-integrated though.

Think xc90 also can.

Probably must look for high end cars. Don't think hyundai have for basic model?

Think xc90 also can.

Probably must look for high end cars. Don't think hyundai have for basic model?

Not necessarily so. My Opel Astra isn't high end but it has Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support. :)

And Elantra 2017 is supposed to have. Bottom line is just check with SE loh. But more and more manufacturers are incorporating it for aure

↡ Advertisement