CIA Simple Sabotage Field Manual aka Your Workplace

Myxilplix

I don't start topics very often but just came across this link which I thought I'd share.

http://www.openculture.com/2015/12/simple-sabotage-field-manual.html

So apparently it's about a declassified CIA/OSS manual from 1944 and it's hilarious at how many of the point can be found existing in our workplaces of today.

You can even download the pdf manual from the CIA website:

https://www.cia.gov/news-information/featured-story-archive/2012-featured-story-archive/simple-sabotage.html

1. Managers and Supervisors: To lower morale and production, be pleasant to inefficient workers; give them undeserved promotions. Discriminate against efficient workers; complain unjustly about their work. [laugh]
Edited by Myxilplix
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Awesome. It's amazing that there are still people who think the US is some sort of pure force for goodness or something.

And I'll bet at least some of those are Star Wars geeks who think "I'd have seen through Palpatine immediately!" and chuckle to themselves, totally unaware of the irony. :D

• Praise 2

Awesome. It's amazing that there are still people who think the US is some sort of pure force for goodness or something.

And I'll bet at least some of those are Star Wars geeks who think "I'd have seen through Palpatine immediately!" and chuckle to themselves, totally unaware of the irony. :D

Human beings are complicated.

Smart humans are even more complicated.

Rich and smart people know that goodwill can persuade and defend their interests.

How inspiring is it for the minuteman concept, ready to defend others In a minute, when these people would not even be noticed on the streets. Very Human. Very socially acceptable.

Smart humans sending out message that there are still people who know what is pure force of good in a powerful organization.

And that there are also people who understand the seduction of change.

Reading the news is so sian today.

Of course US is a force for good.

And I can see through Palaptine.

He is George Bush.

The stupid one that lied about Iraq

and caused the US financial system 

to collapse, not his father.

And to prove that George Bush jr

is really Palaptine, he used the same words.

Anyone not with me is against me.

Only the Sith deals in absolutes

so Georgie boy and Palpy are Sith

one and the same.

:D  

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

Human beings are complicated.

Smart humans are even more complicated.

Rich and smart people know that goodwill can persuade and defend their interests.

How inspiring is it for the minuteman concept, ready to defend others In a minute, when these people would not even be noticed on the streets. Very Human. Very socially acceptable.

Smart humans sending out message that there are still people who know what is pure force of good in a powerful organization.

And that there are also people who understand the seduction of change.

Reading the news is so sian today.

Especially the female form.

I made it my mission in life to 

study the female body.

Its complicated but I will get there.

• Praise 3

Especially the female form.

I made it my mission in life to 

study the female body.

Its complicated but I will get there.

Studying is never enough, for each and every subject you have to probe, nitp pick and get to the bottom. Getting a big O is the best result.

• Praise 2

Studying is never enough, for each and every subject you have to probe, nitp pick and get to the bottom. Getting a big O is the best result.

Nip-pick or tit-pick? Sorry to nitpick. :D

• Praise 1

1. Transportation: Make train travel as inconvenient as possible for enemy personnel. 

We have be infiltrated!! many times...  [:p] 

Edited by Vidz
  • Praise 1

1. Transportation: Make train travel as inconvenient as possible for enemy personnel. 

We have be infiltrated!! many times...  [:p] 

I would've thought that's just incompetence on the part of the various Transport Mini-Stars we've had over the years. 

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Then again, that aphorism (whether you attribute it to Heinlein or Hanlon) likely came from an American, so that could be more psychological warfare tactics in play. :D

↡ Advertisement