NUH recalls 178 patients for TB test

RadX

why 3? 

At most 2 right.

I counted 3.

Not sure what they are for.

No choice one in school. They tell you to queue up and get injected and burned, you do that.

↡ Advertisement

I counted 3.

No choice one in school. They tell you to queue up and get injected and burned, you do that.

I don't think burn. Some sort of scratch test liddat. A bit painful. If there is reaction, something like smaller than a 5cts coin mark appear than don't need a jab. Heng ah! I got so no need d jab. Many of my batch children don't have that patch appear. So, got to have d jab. d outcome of tis jab than awful after some years can see big scar or keloid appear. Some was even bigger.

I thought tat is d hep b jab which is compulsory.

No la.

Someone else above explained that BCG at birth still goes on.

I counted 3.

I thought they did get permission....

Your parents have to sign some form.

No la.

Someone else above explained that BCG at birth still goes on.

Oic. Is d discontinuation of d 2nd jab at a later age.

1 baby found to have latent tuberculosis after d screening

What are the side effects of taking antibiotics for 6-9 months on an infant?

I wonder if it will be more prudent to only start treating the baby at a later age since the tb is in a latent state anyway.

What are the side effects of taking antibiotics for 6-9 months on an infant?

I wonder if it will be more prudent to only start treating the baby at a later age since the tb is in a latent state anyway.

Baby born already resistance low. With few months antibiotics treatment lagi shack d body. Poor baby n parents got to go thru this.

He escaped 3 times and for periods of 6 months. He was infectious all the while. Are there no ways to tag this guy so that if he absconds, there are tech ways to locate him?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/man-jailed-for-escaping-communicable-disease-centre-while-with/3123156.html

SINGAPORE: A 54-year-old man was sentenced to six months’ jail on Tuesday (Sep 13) for escaping from the Communicable Disease Centre (CDC), where he had been receiving treatment for tuberculosis.

In order to avoid being brought back to the CDC, Mohamed Zaini Parman also lied to the police to hide his identity when he was arrested.

Mohamed pleaded guilty on Tuesday to one count under the Infectious Diseases Act for leaving the CDC, where he had been detained and isolated to treat his tuberculosis, without permission.

This is the second conviction under the Act. The first was in 2003, when a man was jailed for six months amid the SARS epidemic for disobeying a home quarantine order.

Mohamed also pleaded guilty to one count for lying to the police. Another three charges were taken into consideration during sentencing.

LACK OF RESPECT FOR AUTHORITY, PUBLIC WELFARE

He was diagnosed with tuberculosis on Jan 3, 2014, and referred to the Tuberculosis Control Unit for treatment. However, he failed to turn up for an appointment and could not be contacted.

He was eventually found and served with an isolation order on May 8. He was brought to the CDC and warded for treatment, and warned not to leave without permission. But he went on to abscond thrice, showing “a lack of respect for authority and public welfare”, Deputy Public Prosecutor Anamika Bagchi said.

Mohamed absconded for the first time on May 23, 2014, just two weeks after he had been admitted. He was later detained and brought back for treatment on Jan 24, 2015.

He absconded for the second time the very next day. He climbed out of a window and was not detained again until months later, on Jun 3.

His third escape occurred days later on Jun 9, 2015. Officers from the Ministry of Health only managed to locate him on Mar 4 this year.

DPP Anamika said the accused was uncooperative and had “absconded from the CDC thrice … despite knowing he was infectious and posed a danger to the people around him”.

A medical report stated Mohamed was “clearly infectious during each of the periods that he spent away from the CDC and this posed a great risk to both himself and to those around him”.

DPP Anamika urged the court to impose a jail term of six months on Mohamed. The prosecutor argued Mohamed’s case is more aggravated than the 2003 case in which a man was jailed amid the SARS epidemic for breaching a home quarantine order.

Mohamed was assessed to be infectious when he absconded and avoided treatment, whereas in the 2003 case, the man had been deemed fit for discharge and did not have any SARS symptoms.

The prosecutor also noted Mohamed had gone to great lengths to evade authorities, by lying to the police and getting his family members to feign ignorance about his whereabouts. “The threat of (tuberculosis) to public health is real and pressing, both in terms of its prevalence and its potentially fatal effects”, DPP Anamika said.

For absconding from the CDC, Mohamed could have been jailed for up to six months and/or fined up to S$10,000. For lying to the police, he could have been jailed for up to a year and/or fined up to S$5,000.

I wonder how police take so long to locate someone most likely without the means?? Anyways the cbk shld kena more la

Should just send him to St John Island.

See how he escape.

↡ Advertisement