Singapore have another football talent Khairu Anwar

Yewheng

We aren't a nation that spend according to returns. Just use the YOG spendings as an example.

The returns were there. just that u don't see it.

some people hit that KPI gao gao with the YOG. bonus prob spectacular that year

↡ Advertisement

The returns were there. just that u don't see it.

some people hit that KPI gao gao with the YOG. bonus prob spectacular that year

Can you elaborate "some people"?

If you are referring to the companies that got the tender then of course those vendors directly involved hit their KPI and have gaogao bonus since the money is being spent on them, but correct me if I'm wrong, usually such events organized are meant to improve the tourism industry by getting inwards cashflow via foreigner spendings. But of course if you take intangible gains such as country recognition etc, we can discuss until the sun set still cannot come to a conclusion.

I'm not against the amount of money spent despite it being 3 times over the initial estimate, in fact, I hope they organize more of these events and make good use of the initial investment such as money being spend on the technology of score keeping, sports equipment etc unless these things are disposed off after the event. Then it would be such a disappointment.

Can you elaborate "some people"?

If you are referring to the companies that got the tender then of course those vendors directly involved hit their KPI and have gaogao bonus since the money is being spent on them, but correct me if I'm wrong, usually such events organized are meant to improve the tourism industry by getting inwards cashflow via foreigner spendings. But of course if you take intangible gains such as country recognition etc, we can discuss until the sun set still cannot come to a conclusion.

I'm not against the amount of money spent despite it being 3 times over the initial estimate, in fact, I hope they organize more of these events and make good use of the initial investment such as money being spend on the technology of score keeping, sports equipment etc unless these things are disposed off after the event. Then it would be such a disappointment.

i can only say that if it is hard to show any real gains, the easy way out is to insist that the intangible gains far outweigh the $300m spent  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement