Buying Furniture from JB

Si4dr

buy taobao? [grin]

seriously....a friend of mine did

bought a whole container worth.  i tagged on the shipment to buy some small items (non furniture)

:D

↡ Advertisement

seriously....a friend of mine did

bought a whole container worth.  i tagged on the shipment to buy some small items (non furniture)

i bought all my house lights from taobao

saved a lot of money

also nearly bought an outdoor dining set also but comfort furniture was clearing some of its odd items

managed to buy the following outdoor:

chair (type a): $100

chair (bype b): $50

chair (type c): $35 * 2

table: $200

end up same price as taobao + sea shipping

sometimes i will go see some sales from comfort furniture

if odd items, can be very cheap but most of the time don't have

i was just lucky the other time

i bought all my house lights from taobao

saved a lot of money

also nearly bought an outdoor dining set also but comfort furniture was clearing some of its odd items

managed to buy the following outdoor:

chair (type a): $100

chair (bype b): $50

chair (type c): $35 * 2

table: $200

end up same price as taobao + sea shipping

sometimes i will go see some sales from comfort furniture

if odd items, can be very cheap but most of the time don't have

i was just lucky the other time

i saved a lot of money because my peasant home bought from pap doesn't need outdoor furniture

• Praise 2

frankly i dont mind paying better quality furniture form JB as long there is a savings of 30%.

I don't think anyone is going to have a dispute with you here.

several ways to determine if furniture is made in malaysia

check if the retailer has a factory in malaysia

check if the retailer is retailing mainly his own brand of furniture

check if the furniture can be customized to your requirements if the standard ones they have don't suit you

when i bought my sofa, i didn't like the original chrome stands so i asked to change to wooden stands from another sofa set

i also asked if some dimensions could be made smaller, which they acceded but i changed my mind later on

Edited by Enye

I checked out several furniture shops in JB near Bukit Indah area, may not be the cheapest but that's where I am more familiar with. 

Each has different charges for delivery to SG, some fixed rate of at least RM 200, there's one that charges 10% of purchases, free delivery above certain amount. Like someone mentioned, the furniture there usually of bigger size since their houses mostly not as small as SG's. Design-wise really hard to say, different people different tastes. I liked the furniture in ANZ, contemporary and seems to be of good quality but too big for my house. 

In the end only bought bedframes and mattresses from Livano (77 & 79 Jalan Bestari 12/2). They manufacture their own furniture, I customised a queen storage bedframe with increased height for RM 1900. They can customise sofa too and their sofa is exported to SG and sold under other brand names (I didn't ask which ones). I think it's a family business, the people there are friendly but may be a bit slow in responding at times. Their SG delivery is done by a SG logistics company, deliverymen's service quality is not that good...they damaged the bedframes and Livano had to rectify the problems. They did rectify though it took a bit of time. 

Some people are worried that Msia furniture shops may not deliver after receiving deposits and they advised me not to buy from Msia, but my brother bought his furniture in SG from the retailer which defaulted on many deliveries (cannot remember the name), his delivery was delayed for months, keep saying wrong model went into the container, in the end he didn't get what he ordered, the furniture was from China and the chairs and sofa didn't even last 3 years! 

Curtains I got from ST home furnishing also at Jalan Bestari. Quoted RM 3100 inclusive of GST and delivery for whole house (living+3 bedrooms) 2 layers. They have many branches in Msia. Good and prompt service. Other curtain sellers (auntie sole-proprietor type) quoted at least RM 4000. Sewing quality may not be the best but acceptable. I think SG seller quoted me SGD 1600 or 2000. I wouldn't be surprised some of these SG sellers are just middle-men who contract the job to the Msia curtain makers. Some owners in my development placed their deposits with a representative from a curtain and blind making company, in the end that man ran road, police report was said and the company owner had to honour the orders. If anyone seem too pushy and try to get more deposit than necessary, beware.

• Praise 8

I checked out several furniture shops in JB near Bukit Indah area, may not be the cheapest but that's where I am more familiar with. 

Each has different charges for delivery to SG, some fixed rate of at least RM 200, there's one that charges 10% of purchases, free delivery above certain amount. Like someone mentioned, the furniture there usually of bigger size since their houses mostly not as small as SG's. Design-wise really hard to say, different people different tastes. I liked the furniture in ANZ, contemporary and seems to be of good quality but too big for my house. 

In the end only bought bedframes and mattresses from Livano (77 & 79 Jalan Bestari 12/2). They manufacture their own furniture, I customised a queen storage bedframe with increased height for RM 1900. They can customise sofa too and their sofa is exported to SG and sold under other brand names (I didn't ask which ones). I think it's a family business, the people there are friendly but may be a bit slow in responding at times. Their SG delivery is done by a SG logistics company, deliverymen's service quality is not that good...they damaged the bedframes and Livano had to rectify the problems. They did rectify though it took a bit of time. 

Some people are worried that Msia furniture shops may not deliver after receiving deposits and they advised me not to buy from Msia, but my brother bought his furniture in SG from the retailer which defaulted on many deliveries (cannot remember the name), his delivery was delayed for months, keep saying wrong model went into the container, in the end he didn't get what he ordered, the furniture was from China and the chairs and sofa didn't even last 3 years! 

Curtains I got from ST home furnishing also at Jalan Bestari. Quoted RM 3100 inclusive of GST and delivery for whole house (living+3 bedrooms) 2 layers. They have many branches in Msia. Good and prompt service. Other curtain sellers (auntie sole-proprietor type) quoted at least RM 4000. Sewing quality may not be the best but acceptable. I think SG seller quoted me SGD 1600 or 2000. I wouldn't be surprised some of these SG sellers are just middle-men who contract the job to the Msia curtain makers. Some owners in my development placed their deposits with a representative from a curtain and blind making company, in the end that man ran road, police report was said and the company owner had to honour the orders. If anyone seem too pushy and try to get more deposit than necessary, beware.

thanks..... any website or pics on ANZs' products & prices?

Seems like there's no website... I don't take any pictures of things in shops, unless I am confirmed buying it. 

thanks..... any website or pics on ANZs' products & prices?

Went in see-see look look last week.

Johor Jaya have a new furniture center open. Just opposite Milan over the main road.

Half leather sofa(L-shape, 3+2) range 4-6k with quite good workmanship..

https://www.facebook.com/AnzHomeFurniture/

i brought my cousin there about a year ago to get furniture... no complaints.... saleslady quite good service also....

bukit indah diagonally opposite Giant and Tesco, next to Shun Fa bak kut teh.... 

thanks . . .  just got a set of leather sofa with P&R for my hall

now, looking for another set on my living room

visited a few shops there last few weeks to realize that prices have been raised unreasonably (for the festives & coming CNY I guess)

btw, I am also looking at outdoor sets like sun lounges & furnitures.

prices offered by the shops in JB are much higher than I expect!

Went in see-see look look last week.

Johor Jaya have a new furniture center open. Just opposite Milan over the main road.

Half leather sofa(L-shape, 3+2) range 4-6k with quite good workmanship..

yeah . . . those designs attracted me easily tagged above 5-6k, or easily above 2-3k to us [thumbsdown]

now, there are quite a few big names on sale locally (to clear stock).....

less its real damn worth, else the risk is there!

Edited by A_korusawa

thanks . . .  just got a set of leather sofa with P&R for my hall

now, looking for another set on my living room

visited a few shops there last few weeks to realize that prices have been raised unreasonably (for the festives & coming CNY I guess)

btw, I am also looking at outdoor sets like sun lounges & furnitures.

prices offered by the shops in JB are much higher than I expect!

yes not as cheap anymore.... compared to when i bought 5yrs ago...

like i mentioned before, if you do not mind 2nd hand... there are quite good and well taken care furniture for sale in gumtree and carousell, especially those by expats leaving country..... you just need to arrange own transport

yes not as cheap anymore.... compared to when i bought 5yrs ago...

like i mentioned before, if you do not mind 2nd hand... there are quite good and well taken care furniture for sale in gumtree and carousell, especially those by expats leaving country..... you just need to arrange own transport

sure?

those expats from condos, their 2nd hand stuffs could be worse than our ah peks' from their landed collections.

I sold mine to some expats instead!

gotta agree with you if its 5yrs back where I actually picked up those canadians thousands old suar table (very diff from Asia)....

but nowadays, those depaturing expats' stuffs are no longer worth compared to what's available from our shore - every$ has gone up that narrows the price gaps between good ones and better ones.

cheers!

sure?

those expats from condos, their 2nd hand stuffs could be worse than our ah peks' from their landed collections.

I sold mine to some expats instead!

gotta agree with you if its 5yrs back where I actually picked up those canadians thousands old suar table (very diff from Asia)....

but nowadays, those depaturing expats' stuffs are no longer worth compared to what's available from our shore - every$ has gone up that narrows the price gaps between good ones and better ones.

cheers!

got some slightly more than half a year ago...... quite good i will say...... of cuz now with more expats, higher chance of getting a not so atas expat with not so good furniture... but there are still good ones..... especially those staying at elite area in elite housing... lol

got it from gumtree ad

Edited by Galantspeedz

Supercharged

Rossini is a little on the high side, IMHO

i went there twice over the course of my furniture purchase (once when i move in > 7 years ago, another when i am trying to renew some of my furniture).

have to admit, they got some really quality stuff there. price also quality!

i went for Rozel instead. equally good variety of choices at more pocket friendly prices.

google for it. there are a few branches in JB itself. the one i bought from is in Taman Sentosa.

↡ Advertisement