Survey: Which is the best (claims) Motor Insurance company

vision3001

ok! have BLACK LISTED budget direct. will spread the word to everyone i know.

you should post your story on their facebook.

But to be honest, it's very cheap for its premiums.

However if one is stuck in such a situation, it's really..... Heng I settled it via third party claim instead. Outside of AD cos they cannot do third party claim. But I risk voiding my warranty.....

ok! have BLACK LISTED budget direct. will spread the word to everyone i know.

you should post your story on their facebook.

See whether Geoffrey will get his staff to call me lor.

My add on for any car workshop is like wasted. Buy also like no buy like that.

To be honest, they should at least refund me for that add on portion cos buy liao also cannot use... Buy for what.

And I just bought my insurance like 2 MO this ago.... Buy the any workshop add on option for that false sense of security........

Edited by Ivan_06
↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

But to be honest, it's very cheap for its premiums.

However if one is stuck in such a situation, it's really..... Heng I settled it via third party claim instead. Outside of AD cos they cannot do third party claim. But I risk voiding my warranty.....

See whether Geoffrey will get his staff to call me lor.

My add on for any car workshop is like wasted. Buy also like no buy like that.

To be honest, they should at least refund me for that add on portion cos buy liao also cannot use... Buy for what.

And I just bought my insurance like 2 MO this ago.... Buy the any workshop add on option for that false sense of security........

no use being cheap la. the point of insurance is to cover you. else buy for what?

i rather go for the bigger ones from now on. penny wise pound foolish and then get screwed by limited claims and all the excuses.

willing to share how much you paid for premiums or how much extra for any workshop?  how long more to go before you need to renew?

Edited by Mkl22

Got back my car from third party workshop, nicely repaired with change of parts and etc etc . Total claim against ntuc is close to $6k.

Higher than budget direct. So what does this say?

Why do you do OD at Komoco then?

Deh!!!!!!

• Praise 1

no use being cheap la. the point of insurance is to cover you. else buy for what?

i rather go for the bigger ones from now on. penny wise pound foolish and then get screwed by limited claims and all the excuses.

Bigger ones would be like AXA? What else, I know ntuc also no good.

Deh!!!!!!

Read my earlier posts lah. I dun want to spoon feed you!!!!! How many times u need me to repeat sia.

willing to share how much you paid for premiums or how much extra for any workshop? how long more to go before you need to renew?

Can't remember. But total premiums was less than $550. Cos I am a safe driver with 50% NCD and driving for around 20 years. Edited by Ivan_06

Deh!!!!!!

It's the system that he refused to compromise with. At the end of the day, still engaged 3rd party workshop to settle all repair. LPPL

It's the system that he refused to compromise with. At the end of the day, still engaged 3rd party workshop to settle all repair. LPPL

Said before. Even if I get 3rd party workshop, it's still above 5.5k and for budget direct. This is beyond economical repair.

My SE told me AXA has a direct working relationship with Komoco where the accident reporting centre is Komoco. OD claims are way easier and clear cut. But give budget direct credit, it's really cheap. But coverage wise when you are in such a situation, go and figure yourself.

Even the komoco insurance guy told me, it's his first time dealing with budget direct. They deal mostly with AXA (most preferred) and NTUC. For komoco, be it people ram you, you still need to do OD claim as they do not do 3rd party claim.

Not that I refused to compromise but I still have 2 years of warranty with komoco hyundai and it involved electronics and wiring.

Add on, I top up for any car workshop option. Go read budget direct, if your car is still under warranty, please top up for any car workshop so that your warranty won't be compromised and your car can be repaired with your AD.

Edited by Ivan_06

Said before. Even if I get 3rd party workshop, it's still above 5.5k and for budget direct. This is beyond economical repair.

My SE told me AXA has a direct working relationship with Komoco where the accident reporting centre is Komoco. OD claims are way easier and clear cut. But give budget direct credit, it's really cheap. But coverage wise when you are in such a situation, go and figure yourself.

Even the komoco insurance guy told me, it's his first time dealing with budget direct. They deal mostly with AXA (most preferred) and NTUC. For komoco, be it people ram you, you still need to do OD claim as they do not do 3rd party claim.

Not that I refused to compromise but I still have 2 years of warranty with komoco hyundai and it involved electronics and wiring.

Add on, I top up for any car workshop option. Go read budget direct, if your car is still under warranty, please top up for any car workshop so that your warranty won't be compromised and your car can be repaired with your AD.

What you said applies to OD claims ONLY.  Why do you need OD claims when kenna f backside?

Don't tell me it is easier.

What you need is 3rd party claims.  Since Komoco don't do 3rd party, LL loh.

Without 3rd party insurer approval, can't start any repair.  If not, sure reject 1.

Lastly, yours is a Hyundai.  Not Audi/BMW/Merc.  Electronics are much simpler.

What you said applies to OD claims ONLY. Why do you need OD claims when kenna f backside?

What you need is 3rd party claims. Since Komoco don't do 3rd party, LL loh.

Without 3rd party insurer approval, can't start any repair. If not, sure reject 1.

Lastly, yours is a Hyundai. Not Audi/BMW/Merc. Electronics are much simpler.

I gave up explaining. I think my England sucks.

I gave up explaining. I think my England sucks.

This will be my last explanation.

It has nothing to do with England.  Rather lack of knowledge.

• Praise 1

What you said applies to OD claims ONLY. Why do you need OD claims when kenna f backside?

What you need is 3rd party claims. Since Komoco don't do 3rd party, LL loh.

Without 3rd party insurer approval, can't start any repair. If not, sure reject 1.

Lastly, yours is a Hyundai. Not Audi/BMW/Merc. Electronics are much simpler.

Cos budget direct told me they checked with ntuc who admitted liability. Since komoco cannot do third party claim, to preserve warranty I can do OD claim with budget direct and BD will in turn counter claim from ntuc.

That's what they told me lor. The officer from budget direct told me this. My NCD won't be affected as I have clear video footage and a clear cut win case where the other driver also called in to ntuc admitting his fault and ntuc said they admit liability.

Cos budget direct told me they checked with ntuc who admitted liability. Since komoco cannot do third party claim, to preserve warranty I can do OD claim with budget direct and BD will in turn counter claim from ntuc.

That's what they told me lor. The officer from budget direct told me this. My NCD won't be affected as I have clear video footage and a clear cut win case where the other driver also called in to ntuc admitting his fault and ntuc said they admit liability.

Currently, there is no knock-for-knock agreement btw insurers in Sg.

Even Budget willing to do as said, there is always chances that NTUC will deny liability.

Once denied, u kenna big time lo.

That's why warranty is no longer important since it is 3 yrs old without major problem.

If backside damage is so severe, I will not keep the car beyond 10 yrs.

There will always be nigging that bites you.

• Praise 1

Currently, there is no knock-for-knock agreement btw insurers in Sg.

Even Budget willing to do as said, there is always chances that NTUC will deny liability.

Once denied, u kenna big time lo.

That's why warranty is no longer important since it is 3 yrs old without major problem.

If backside damage is so severe, I will not keep the car beyond 10 yrs.

There will always be nigging that bites you.

Then must screw the budget direct officer. She told me can be done..

Actually the backside damage is not severe. It's the parts and labour that are the killer... Just the rear boot door, even third party workshop quoted $1300...... And etc etc etc etc..

To be honest, I still find the third party workshop prices also kinda of marked up but cheaper than AD which is even more marked in up. The rear spare tyre compartment is dented slightly. Actually most are dented slightly. That's why even komoco said knock back.

Give the third party ws some credit, the worksmanship is good.. Even the respray for affected portion, they charge $900. Komoco charged $1500...its only backside of car niah lor.

Thanks for letting me know that there is no knock knock agreement. Almost screwed by budget direct lor. Heng sia.

I see where you are coming from.... Thank s brother.

I am driving manual and now komoco doesn't have manual anymore.

I actually drove around with a ruffian string for 2 weeks while I got it sorted out. As the boot cannot close on its own.

Edited by Ivan_06

I understand Ivan_06 concern about the wiring issue because I encountered it myself last time from my company's van.

My van was rear ended by a truck & case was straight forward. I claimed through a 3rd party workshop they changed the tailgate door & bumper to new or recond 2nd hand parts with respray.

After 1 year of driving, the van's reverse lights, camera & sensors suddenly stop working. I send it to my usual electrician workshop & they found out that the wire connecting the reverse sensors to the sensors power unit is poorly connected. The poor connection has exposed to rainwater overtime & damaged the sensor power unit & also burnt out the fuse in the van.

Took out the sensor power unit & replace the fuse, everything back to normal. Best part, cannot claim 3rd party workshop warranty because they only give 1 year. [:|]  

Edited by Sugimoto
  • Praise 1

I understand Ivan_06 concern about the wiring issue because I encountered it myself last time from my company's van.

My van was rear ended by a truck & case was straight forward. I claimed through a 3rd party workshop they changed the tailgate door & bumper to new or recond 2nd hand parts with respray.

After 1 year of driving, the van's reverse lights, camera & sensors suddenly stop working. I send it to my usual electrician workshop & they found out that the wire connecting the reverse sensors to the sensors power unit is poorly connected. The poor connection has exposed to rainwater overtime & damaged the sensor power unit & also burnt out the fuse in the van.

Took out the sensor power unit & replace the fuse, everything back to normal. Best part, cannot claim 3rd party workshop warranty because they only give 1 year. [:|]

The third party workshop told me it's only 6 months warranty??... Now I fear.

But if I do OD via budget direct as it's their authorized workshop, it's 12 months warranty...

Edited by Ivan_06

The third party workshop told me it's only 6 months warranty??... Now I fear.

But if I do OD via budget direct as it's their authorized workshop, it's 12 months warranty...

Juz Komodo to check if you are worried

Hi Ivan_06, 

Apologies it took us some time to reply. 

We are sorry to have put you through this difficult situation, (where your car is a potential total loss case if it was to be repaired at Komoco) and we are glad to know that you now have collected your car in a “swee swee” condition. We are also happy that you have eventually agreed to, on our claim officers’ advice, to repair your car at one of our approved workshops instead of the agent workshop, Komoco. 

We would also like to take the opportunity to again clarify with you (as well as other fellow forum members) that: 

1. The current Market Value of a similar Hyundai Accent registered in 2015 at the time of your accident is in the range of $50~51k (despite you having bought the car at $90k only 3 years ago in 2015). This is due to the much lower COE which is now $32~34k vs. the average COE price then in 2015 which was at $50k. Note a brand-new Hyundai Accent (Auto) is now selling around $71,999. 

2. As you correctly put it, your own scrap value (residual COE value and PARF value) was $45.5k. 

3. This gives us an estimated repair range of $5.5k. (as rightly pointed out by Davidtch – body value). 

As Komoco was not able to offer to lodge a Third-Party claim against NTUC Income on your behalf and also not able to accept our offer of $5.5k for repairs under your policy, our claim officers advised you to instead lodge either a claim under your policy with us at our panel of approved workshop where we are confident that we can repair your car. Alternatively, our panel of workshops could also help you claim directly against NTUC Income. 

If you have chosen to claim under your policy with us and have your car repaired in our approved workshop, we would try to recover the repair cost against NTUC Income after we have settled your claim. Davidtch is again right to say that there is no Knock-for-Knock agreement between insurers in Singapore (we never said there is!) and there is a risk that this recovery might not be 100% successful. However, rest assured that in this situation, your policy will not be compromised and your NCD would also not be penalised upon your policy renewal. 

Glad that you mentioned that the workmanship at our approved workshop is good. Our quick check with our workshop revealed that the initial repair cost claimed against NTUC Income was about $5.5k and the final cost of repairs is likely around $4.8k. Your total claim of less than $6k as mentioned by yourself is inclusive of loss of use of 5 days.   

Your add-on optional coverage of “Any Workshop” allows you to repair your vehicle at your own preferred workshop. However, in this instance, your preferred repairer, Komoco is not agreeable to repair within the above repair limit. 

Please note that in usual circumstances, the repair cost/labour cost is usually much higher in an Agent/Distributor workshop as compared to our Approved Workshops.

We trust that the above clarification clears all your doubts.

Please feel free to contact our claims team @ 6540 2199 should you require any further assistance.

From Geoffrey, Shawn and the whole Budget Direct Insurance team.

Hi Ivan_06,

Apologies it took us some time to reply.

We are sorry to have put you through this difficult situation, (where your car is a potential total loss case if it was to be repaired at Komoco) and we are glad to know that you now have collected your car in a âswee sweeâ condition. We are also happy that you have eventually agreed to, on our claim officersâ advice, to repair your car at one of our approved workshops instead of the agent workshop, Komoco.

We would also like to take the opportunity to again clarify with you (as well as other fellow forum members) that:

1. The current Market Value of a similar Hyundai Accent registered in 2015 at the time of your accident is in the range of $50~51k (despite you having bought the car at $90k only 3 years ago in 2015). This is due to the much lower COE which is now $32~34k vs. the average COE price then in 2015 which was at $50k. Note a brand-new Hyundai Accent (Auto) is now selling around $71,999.

2. As you correctly put it, your own scrap value (residual COE value and PARF value) was $45.5k.

3. This gives us an estimated repair range of $5.5k. (as rightly pointed out by Davidtch â body value).

As Komoco was not able to offer to lodge a Third-Party claim against NTUC Income on your behalf and also not able to accept our offer of $5.5k for repairs under your policy, our claim officers advised you to instead lodge either a claim under your policy with us at our panel of approved workshop where we are confident that we can repair your car. Alternatively, our panel of workshops could also help you claim directly against NTUC Income.

If you have chosen to claim under your policy with us and have your car repaired in our approved workshop, we would try to recover the repair cost against NTUC Income after we have settled your claim. Davidtch is again right to say that there is no Knock-for-Knock agreement between insurers in Singapore (we never said there is!) and there is a risk that this recovery might not be 100% successful. However, rest assured that in this situation, your policy will not be compromised and your NCD would also not be penalised upon your policy renewal.

Glad that you mentioned that the workmanship at our approved workshop is good. Our quick check with our workshop revealed that the initial repair cost claimed against NTUC Income was about $5.5k and the final cost of repairs is likely around $4.8k. Your total claim of less than $6k as mentioned by yourself is inclusive of loss of use of 5 days.

Your add-on optional coverage of âAny Workshopâ allows you to repair your vehicle at your own preferred workshop. However, in this instance, your preferred repairer, Komoco is not agreeable to repair within the above repair limit.

Please note that in usual circumstances, the repair cost/labour cost is usually much higher in an Agent/Distributor workshop as compared to our Approved Workshops.

We trust that the above clarification clears all your doubts.

Please feel free to contact our claims team @ 6540 2199 should you require any further assistance.

From Geoffrey, Shawn and the whole Budget Direct Insurance team.

The other reasons why I am frustrated with budget direct was when I renewed my car insurance, there were a number of hiccups like number of not at fault accidents being incorrectly reflected by budget direct..

When purchasing the car insurance, I used a promo code that was accepted as stated on your website but later was deemed not correct by another one of your staff about 1-2 weeks later as it is hidden under one of the small terms and conditions on a separate page.

The other staff also quoted way higher as she got my number of not at fault accidents wrongly back then in June.... I had to make separate phone calls to speak to another one of your guys who investigated and true enough the number of not at fault accident back then was 1 instead of 2. Imagine, I just blindly followed the first staff who called me about my insurance premium. Hence I needed to top up lesser as compared to what the first staff told me....

You can figure it out as there were amendments in my policy with a top up due to the promo code which was not honored as it is hidden under one of the small prints in another page or so...

Haiz...

↡ Advertisement