Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Divers

Just change to F1A3 just now.. First impression is really very quiet, other than that cannot comment yet as travel less than 20km. 

Previously on stock factory tyres Nexen CP643a for my Kia K3 and it's really very noisy since day 1. Now change to this tyre really heaven and earth on cabin noise. Now i can hear my engine noise louder than the tyres... oh sh*t  :ouch-it-hurts:

Seems like the common feature mentioned about this tyre is the quietness of the tyre. I sometimes wonder if its really an UHP tyre? So quiet? means grip compromised??

↡ Advertisement

Seems like the common feature mentioned about this tyre is the quietness of the tyre. I sometimes wonder if its really an UHP tyre? So quiet? means grip compromised??

Actually tbh, i don't think that it is really an UHP tyre. I was looking for quiet tyre that's why i got this after searching online for the tyre EU rating. F1A3 came out to be 67db and A for wet weather and E for rolling resistance.

https://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=110&cart_id=10684361.110.30296&sowigan=So&Breite=215&Quer=45&Felge=17&Speed=&kategorie=6&tyre_for=&x_tyre_for=&Ang_pro_Seite=19&weiter=95&rsmFahrzeugart=ALL&Label=E-A-67-1&details=Ordern&typ=R-281963

Actually tbh, i don't think that it is really an UHP tyre. I was looking for quiet tyre that's why i got this after searching online for the tyre EU rating. F1A3 came out to be 67db and A for wet weather and E for rolling resistance.

https://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=110&cart_id=10684361.110.30296&sowigan=So&Breite=215&Quer=45&Felge=17&Speed=&kategorie=6&tyre_for=&x_tyre_for=&Ang_pro_Seite=19&weiter=95&rsmFahrzeugart=ALL&Label=E-A-67-1&details=Ordern&typ=R-281963

It says it is a new Ultra High Performance Tyre wor...

"Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

The New performance tyre that delivers you shorter braking distances on wet and dry roads so that you are in control and ready to enjoy the journey

Reduced braking distance on both wet and dry roads
Improved tyre grip and responsiveness, for better control and handling
Employed by leading car manufacturers

This new ultra high performance tyre is specifically designed to offer a shorter braking distance, no matter what road conditions you encounter. This lets you stay comfortably in control, so you can relax and enjoy every single journey Goodyear's Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 ultra high performance tyre offers shorter braking distances on wet and dry roads, for a safer ride."

This webbie also say its UHP. 

"Goodyear’s latest Ultra High Performance (UHP) tyre offers performance that is a large step ahead of its premium competitors, company representatives explained at the online launch of the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 today (23 March 2016)."

Edited by Buadongdong
  • Praise 1

It says it is a new Ultra High Performance Tyre wor...

"Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

The New performance tyre that delivers you shorter braking distances on wet and dry roads so that you are in control and ready to enjoy the journey

Reduced braking distance on both wet and dry roads
Improved tyre grip and responsiveness, for better control and handling
Employed by leading car manufacturers

This new ultra high performance tyre is specifically designed to offer a shorter braking distance, no matter what road conditions you encounter. This lets you stay comfortably in control, so you can relax and enjoy every single journey Goodyear's Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 ultra high performance tyre offers shorter braking distances on wet and dry roads, for a safer ride."

This webbie also say its UHP. 

"Goodyear’s latest Ultra High Performance (UHP) tyre offers performance that is a large step ahead of its premium competitors, company representatives explained at the online launch of the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 today (23 March 2016)."

Everybody can say their product good mah.. where got people say their own product no good. Anyway i buy also buy liao.. just enjoy the quietness and drive another few thousand km then judge it again lor.. maybe it's really a fantastic but under rated tyre? time will tell ba

I have had F1A3 for 5000km liao. Audi S4.

Had Bridgestones and Hankook UHP tyres previously on Legacy GT.

The F1A3 is kinda like an all rounder. I think I can understand why some say it is not a 'real' UHP. I don't think it loses out in grip but because it has a bit of comfort bias, it somehow feels 'soft' and doesn't give very strong feedback (not that Audi gives much feedback in any case) so the confidence to push it in extreme conditions can be lacking. 

Not that it has failed me, it hasn't aquaplaned one bit, brakes well in wet and doesn't lose it when I try to power out of curves in the wet but the lack of feedback always gives you doubts.

• Praise 7

Just replaced my old tyres and replaced them with the F1A3 last week. For a start, the tyres are as per what bro @columbian78 mentioned. Quiet tyres (my old tyres weren't so quiet even when new). Performance wise, I would say i can confidently take that sharp turn. Wet grip has been good. It feels more like a comfort tyre rather than an UHP tyre. The sidewall design looks weird and bulgy. The tyres also give me the bouncy feeling after a hump which my previous tyres don't. I guess the tyres are soft thats why the bounce. Still trying it out and hopefully I can remember to update after 5000km.

Bro it's been one month liao. Got second review bo
  • Praise 2

Bro it's been one month liao. Got second review bo ð

Am on MIT PS4 for 22k liao. Another 18k to go before my next change.

Seems like in this thread most users report good feedback about this taya but in the PS4 thread the F1A3 got bashed bad.

Have always been using F1A2 but not A3 yet. On 18", 225/40/R18 but planning to use 235/40/R18 next.

Now only 2k leh.. So fast want 2nd review liao ah?? Haha.. Tmr i do the nshw liao then let u know again on the tyre. Normal city speeds cannot determine much abt the tyres. Brb tmr .

F1 A3 is really a good tyre. i have used it on my previous ride. The wet and dry grip is good. And importantly, it is quiet too. I think this is a plus point to this tyre. Only thing is that this tyre wear rate is quite fast. it is value for money if you want quiet and yet can perform on wet and dry.

• Praise 2

Bro it's been one month liao. Got second review bo ð

Am on MIT PS4 for 22k liao. Another 18k to go before my next change.

Seems like in this thread most users report good feedback about this taya but in the PS4 thread the F1A3 got bashed bad.

Have always been using F1A2 but not A3 yet. On 18", 225/40/R18 but planning to use 235/40/R18 next.

I think in the ps4 thread, some people drive on street like they were on the track. ;) the f1a3 was comfortable, quiet and grip was better than those marketed as comfort tyra like GR100 IMO
  • Praise 1

Now only 2k leh.. So fast want 2nd review liao ah?? Haha.. Tmr i do the nshw liao then let u know again on the tyre. Normal city speeds cannot determine much abt the tyres. Brb tmr .

@theoldjaffa, im back and tyres tested at a speed I cannot disclose but enough for me to get feedback.

Disclaimer: I'm driving a low powered vehicle so my feedbacks might differ from high powered cars. I also have not driven with Mich PS4 to compare, so mine is solely feedback on F1A3. Previously on Hankook tyres of the same profile and there is a vast diff between these 2 tyres. 2200km when i tested. Tyre profile 205/45/17.

The tyres gave me sufficient grip when i was on the nshw and it was raining so the roads are well soaked. Never once I aquaplanned and lost grip whilst testing.

The tyres like most bros here mentioned, are quiet and comfortable. While some say that the thread wear is fast, I beg to differ. Since it is more towards a comfort tyre, it would mean that the wear rate would be lower than that of a tyre that grips the road like glue. Lower rolling resistance also enhances FC if Im not wrong. I've previously mentioned abt the bulge and im somehow accustomed to the look already. Not bothered by the looks and enjoying the comfort.

In summary, if one prefers comfort without compromising grip, F1A3 might be the tyre for u. Can't comment much on high powered cars since I don't own 1 and drive 1 so I'll leave it as that. I believe Bro fastfive already compared f1a3 with ps4 and said f1a3 is bull***t and he rather do a burnout and quickly change to ps4. So his advice and feedbacks are very much into performance cars (I assume).

Do ask me any questions and I try my best to answer them if I know. Tks for your time. Happy 2018 to all!!

Edited by Buadongdong
  • Praise 10

I changed from A3 to CPC6 1 month back and just came back from Genting today. Really miss the cheap and good A3.

CPC6 supposedly is the better child of both the Csc5 and the cpc series. But, I almost shit my pant along some part of the NSH when I was doing only 140km/h, slight drizzle and manoveur.

I really enjoyed the A3 when I drove up last Dec and those tyres gave me confidence above 160km/h.

Can't wait to wear these hopeless cpc6 out and change them out to A3 again.

Only downside to A3 is, they can be a little noisy once you clock 40k on them.

• Praise 2

I changed from A3 to CPC6 1 month back and just came back from Genting today. Really miss the cheap and good A3.

CPC6 supposedly is the better child of both the Csc5 and the cpc series. But, I almost shit my pant along some part of the NSH when I was doing only 140km/h, slight drizzle and manoveur.

I really enjoyed the A3 when I drove up last Dec and those tyres gave me confidence above 160km/h.

Clocking 40k then gets noisy? Thats very very good already loh.. My previous hankooks noisy after 15k until my kids were disturbed by it. Thats why quickly got rid of it and changed to F1A3 instead.

Agree that the confidence is there at high speeds..

Edited by Buadongdong
  • Praise 1

Wah I'm on A3 now and thought of changing to CPC6 next cos I thought the performance might be on par and quieter than A3. What's your rim size and tyre profile bro?

Wah I'm on A3 now and thought of changing to CPC6 next cos I thought the performance might be on par and quieter than A3. What's your rim size and tyre profile bro?

Quieter, yes. Performance, not in my opinion. Cpc6 is on the comfort side and if you are driving Singapore Road below 100km/h, they are excellent tyres. Beyond comfort, A3 is a better choice.

My tyre profile is 245/45/18, 5series.

I used to skid (to certain extend) when driving during raining day from all my previous old & new tires.

After changing to this Goodyear tire, i have yet to encountered any skidding when driving on raining day

In fact, to my surprise, i feel that my car handling is even better (feel more confident) when the road is wet than dry

Edited by Lotr8445r
  • Praise 2

Bought the F1A3 today. German made, local Goodyear stock, 4617 DOM.

Treadwear rating 300 compared to my previous PS4's 320.

I prefer tyres with rim protectors.

F1A3 with protector

post-1798-0-27461300-1518617132_thumb.jpeg

PS4 without

post-1798-0-53729100-1518617162_thumb.jpeg

Personally I prefer the fat look of the Goodyear but the sidewall of the Michelin looks way better with the velvet.

• Praise 7

Supercharged

Treadwear rating 300 compared to my previous PS4's 320.

Treadwear isn't standardized across brands,

thus only ever useful for comparison between models of the SAME brand.

↡ Advertisement