Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Divers

(edited)

Can share where is the origin of the Taya?

Europe. Not thailand, watever...

What do u meant by inner side wall? If U meant the side facing inside, how to see from outside? Remove the tire out from car to check?

Besides, this is a thread for A3, not A2. A3 also have similar issue?

That's the problem. Cannot see from outside unless you actually check.

Picture below was my tire, you see the blacl line on top of the logo? That's a crack/seperation, i can put my fingernail in.  It went all around the tire. On all my tires...

Maybe not for A3, but it has happened to me on A1 and then A2. Same exact thing. So i'm not gonna spend $$$ on anymore GY stuff. 

28168118_10160200810070604_6917472719614

Edited by Mockngbrd
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Picture below was my tire, you see the blacl line on top of the logo? That's a crack/seperation, i can put my fingernail in. It went all around the tire. On all my tires...

Maybe not for A3, but it has happened to me on A1 and then A2. Same exact thing. So i'm not gonna spend $$$ on anymore GY stuff.

Date code on the tires and how long have you had it? Looks damn shitty. And on all 4 pcs. Yes for Goodyear to screw up again. I will also avoid

(edited)

Date code on the tires and how long have you had it? Looks damn shitty. And on all 4 pcs. Yes for Goodyear to screw up again. I will also avoid

Throw away already la. Hah. But when I bought the tyar, manufacturing date I remember was quite recent. The assy 1 less than 1yr picha, assy2, I only saw after 2+ years, no idea how long the cracks were there Edited by Mockngbrd

Cracks on taya wall for F1A2 has been the norm as i have seen many.

somehow europe/US made taya does not go well with local scene. Thai made taya want them to wear off also difficult let alone crack.

The compound formulation seems different across the region.

(edited)

Sorry if I sound ke kiang but I thought I should give my comments as I had experience with gy cracks. I don't see crack lines base on your photo. There are some lines that look normal to me be it inside or outside. Did you check with the distributor or the manufacturer themselves? just send them message with photo over Facebook, I do that very often.

I had Goodyear efficient grip Germany some years ago and it had numerous cracks on the outer groove. See the photos I shared in this thread.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2689385-need-advice-tyre-has-cracks/?p=4897856

Since that incident, I swore off any gy tyres due to this one off personal incident.

However recently due to good reviews, I decided to try f1a3. It's German again. So far done 7000km and it's been good. I prefer it slightly it over the PS4 it replaced, the latter also very good tyres.

Picture below was my tire, you see the blacl line on top of the logo? That's a crack/seperation, i can put my fingernail in. It went all around the tire. On all my tires...

post-26187-0-52172100-1520057767_thumb.jpg

Edited by Columbian78
  • Praise 1

I will monitor my F1A3 when I do my rotation in 5 mths time

the crack sometime start with hairline crack which not so easy to detect , if you want best need to get the shop to deflate and detect more easily BUT not sure the WS is willing to help do it (may be you have to prepare to pay little money for that extra work) 

Frankly speaking it seems like quite common for this tire [smash]

To be honest , you should go back to shop you buy from and get them to feed back to manufacturer for Investigation, otherwise they have no chance to improve their Quality [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

I will monitor my F1A3 when I do my rotation in 5 mths time

Any idea will the workshop folk highlight such tear to us during their tire rotation? I meant SOP to them?

Sorry if I sound ke kiang but I thought I should give my comments as I had experience with gy cracks. I don't see crack lines base on your photo. There are some lines that look normal to me be it inside or outside. Did you check with the distributor or the manufacturer themselves? just send them message with photo over Facebook, I do that very often.

I had Goodyear efficient grip Germany some years ago and it had numerous cracks on the outer groove. See the photos I shared in this thread.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2689385-need-advice-tyre-has-cracks/?p=4897856

Since that incident, I swore off any gy tyres due to this one off personal incident.

However recently due to good reviews, I decided to try f1a3. It's German again. So far done 7000km and it's been good. I prefer it slightly it over the PS4 it replaced, the latter also very good tyres.

You don't see it because in the photo it look like a shadow. That black outline running around the tyre, that's the crack. It goes around the entire circumference of thebtire. Yours are small cracks here and there, mine is one big one.
  • Praise 1

i tried GY A1 and was lucky able to change all 4 tyres after 1 year when they declare “recall”

after that I siam GY Asy tyres and never try again

• Praise 1

(edited)

i tried GY A1 and was lucky able to change all 4 tyres after 1 year when they declare “recall”

after that I siam GY Asy tyres and never try again

You lucky, they did not let me change all cos i had 2 tires i had to patch due to nail. Patch = no free change. 

For better idea of my tyar crack. See the below image. 

post-26533-0-98386900-1520086964_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mockngbrd

wah the crack sibei jialat and persistent

if you did not point that out ... it looks like a “normal” groove line

• Praise 1

btw just an update.. i'm getting better FC with these GYs compared to the Michs.

this observation is similar to past experiences. changed from RE001 to F1A2 and PS3 to F1A2 in my ex cars.. all resulted in better FC ever since i started using the GYs.

similar driving patterns, i could never get past 8.6km/l on the PS4 based on the onboard readings. it's usually 8.2 to 8.4. but as of today, i'm getting 9.5km/l. yay!

Wow!

Any idea if F1A3 have sizes in 235/50-18, 235/55-18 or 245/50-18?

You lucky, they did not let me change all cos i had 2 tires i had to patch due to nail. Patch = no free change.

For better idea of my tyar crack. See the below image.

What was the mileage of the tyres when this happened?
  • Praise 1

(edited)

What was the mileage of the tyres when this happened?

my last F1Assy2 I kanna inner sidewall crack at 15,000km. But I found out only when I had a puncture.

I contacted the Goodyear folks in Singapore located at Changi, and they mention, probably a batch issue, or a Production issue.

As my car was lowered back then, I thought it was due to the stress induced to the sidewall at that time.

Edited by Sdf4786k

did they replaced them for you?

my last F1Assy2 I kanna inner sidewall crack at 15,000km. But I found out only when I had a puncture.

I contacted the Goodyear folks in Singapore located at Changi, and they mention, probably a batch issue, or a Production issue.

As my car was lowered back then, I thought it was due to the stress induced to the sidewall at that time.

↡ Advertisement