Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Divers

Guys, if you enjoy the goodyear AS3s, then you probably enjoy the comfort these tires give. Personally i dont like it. It feels like garbage when you wanna turn corners. They have very low rolling resistance which is why when I had a piece of shit fuel guzzler (yes i find my old car a piece of shit after trying better cars) my FC improved dramatically. Got 1km/l more per tank.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Guys, if you enjoy the goodyear AS3s, then you probably enjoy the comfort these tires give. Personally i dont like it. It feels like garbage when you wanna turn corners. They have very low rolling resistance which is why when I had a piece of shit fuel guzzler (yes i find my old car a piece of shit after trying better cars) my FC improved dramatically. Got 1km/l more per tank.

your car is the one in your avatar? rx8? hahaha. i had it too. nice to drive. shitty to own.

your car is the one in your avatar? rx8? hahaha. i had it too. nice to drive. shitty to own.

Haha let's not go into the specifics of my car. My old car was a Japanese, now my current one is a German.

My old car had parts which were so hard to find you had to specially ship in things from Japan. Local stockist don't even have certain parts.

My current car has almost all of its' parts available at the stockist. 

had just switched over to F1A3 225/45/18 from PS4 few weeks ago,

IMHO:

a bit more silent then PS4

Absorb bump better,

Wet/Raining grip is better if not same as PS4

Rolling resistance much lower; FC improve

More body roll

Steering not as sharp as PS4

main difference is the soft sidewalls resulting in the body roll, lack of feedback for aggressive driving,

But the grip is there, the body roll might cause some to lose confidence.

• Praise 3

After using the tyres for two months, I can say that based on my driving style and numb butt, I couldn't feel any difference whatsoever compared with PS4.

This tyres used to give me better FC in my previous cars, but in this car, no change compared to when I was PS4.

But I still feel good because I saved real money buying this which can pay for a week's lunch and the tyres protector is very useful and reassuring.

So for normal non enthu drivers, I say F1A3 is very VFM.

Until the sidewall cracks which I hope it wont happen

• Praise 2

After using the tyres for two months, I can say that based on my driving style and numb butt, I couldn't feel any difference whatsoever compared with PS4.

This tyres used to give me better FC in my previous cars, but in this car, no change compared to when I was PS4.

But I still feel good because I saved real money buying this which can pay for a week's lunch and the tyres protector is very useful and reassuring.

• Praise 3

I think they should

fro professional POV they should , because it concern the Safety issue

I think is better to request them to check for such sensitive issue , otherwise some customer may think they want to sell you new tires

• Praise 1

i believe the  goodyear sidewall crack issue is very long ago liao.

its the old AYSM 1 happen to a batch of profile 40 tyres (225.40.18) i think.

now already AYSM3 . still worry crack issue meh...

its like 10 years ago ppl alway say yokohama db very slippy

that is the es501, now 551 already , still say the same thing meh

the A2 did crack.

not sure for A3, but so far no reports yet.

this kind of thing is a stigma issue la. like the 7-spd dry DSG u know.

Supersonic

F1A3 no good ah? Iâm planning to get them in June leh.. what is better? My Tyre size is either 235/55-18 or 235/50-18

It’s ok lah. Had 225/40/18 on my GTi n it was grippy n comfy. No complaints

Hypersonic
(edited)

Can recommend a few shops which have stock for Goodyear f1a3?

Good reviews for the a2 and a3 online and it seems bit cheaper than a equivalent Michelin.

Currently 45k on my stock Michelin primacy st. Actually no complaints whatsoever even now.

I only used gr90 last time so not much xp with tyres...

U guys really lot of feedback about how tyre feels. My ah pek car can't feel so much. As long it grips well, low noise, Decent wear, I'm OK.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

Internal Moderator

Good reviews for the a2 and a3 online and it seems bit cheaper than a equivalent Michelin.

Currently 45k on my stock Michelin primacy st. Actually no complaints whatsoever even now.

U guys really lot of feedback about how tyre feels. My ah pek car can't feel so much. As long it grips well, low noise, Decent wear, I'm OK.

You can refer to some AS3 listing in the Marketplace:

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=listprod&car_make=&car_model=&si=Goodyear+Eagle+F1+Asymmetric+3&cat=

• Praise 1

I usually use Leong Seng or Arrow Tyres. What's your tyre size?

For common sizes usually they have stock.

• Praise 1

I just changed to this exact tyre 2 weeks back at Yap Brothers at Toh Guan.  Don't think they are cheap, but service is good.  So have been changing tyres here.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

I usually use Leong Seng or Arrow Tyres. What's your tyre size?

For common sizes usually they have stock.

225/50/17
↡ Advertisement