Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Divers

No lah, tyre change definitely do not need alignment.

Best is to do alightment. Last time change 2 front tyres after 6 month tyres gone. cos never do alighment

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Best is to do alightment. Last time change 2 front tyres after 6 month tyres gone. cos never do alighment

if you had abnormal wear on old tires , the experience workshop Mech   should able to spot and advice you accordingly

anyway is always Good to ask

if you had abnormal wear on old tires , the experience workshop Mech   should able to spot and advice you accordingly

anyway is always Good to ask

The reason y i changed both the tyres is because both tyres have nails . No issue of abnormal wear. IT was when change 2 front new tyre without doing alignment that the wear come within 6 months.

I read of most Tyre reviews and notice one thing about the F1A3 tyres.

1. Scrap in/run in period for brand new tyres can be up to 400km minimum 200km.. after that the grips is very good.

2. Tyre pressure seems to be needing to pump higher, some reviewers pump Low pressure and the traction feel on this tyres is very bad.

Other than this 2 points to take note, it seems to be a good tyres to consider which I’m likely to use next change when my current Michelin reaches around 55k mileage

• Praise 1

My FC has actually improved after using this tyre. It has quite a low rolling resistance. Definitely car can coast longer. I'm averaging 1km/L more just for my usual 12-15min drive to and fro from work.

Braking distance feels the same. Wet and dry grip i feel roughly the same as my Michelin tyres.

But i do get more feedback when I'm doing longer bends at higher speeds.

I do feel my car's steering is more responsive but that could be just a comparative difference as now i drive the elantra on some occasions  [laugh]

Pretty satisfied with the tyres so far.

• Praise 3

I used AYSM 2 couple of years back. Still encountered side wall cracked. Don't dare to try anymore. Moreover its kinda noisy compared to the current Primacy I'm using...

• Praise 1

planning to get my ride new set of rubber, so how this tyre perform ? what is the tread wear, side wall hard or soft kind, any rim protector feature? thanks

• Praise 1

No lah, tyre change definitely do not need alignment.

you are absolutely correct that if your car has no Alignment issue after tire changed no need to do alignment.

you may require when below happened (my personal POV only) 

1st) If your worn or Botak tires doesn't shown any Abnormal wear and Tear (is quite common to see Right front Outside more worn and little bit more worn on either Inner or Outer part of your 4 tires. (because it is not possible to Wear your 4 tires 100% evenly) 

2nd) if no significant pulling of your Steering wheels on your old tires (little drift to Left side is also normal due to construction of the Road surface for RHD water drainage . 

3rd) No recent impact or hit to any of the 4 wheels

4th) NO major change of your car suspension system .

correct me If I am wrong and any more sharing ?

Thank for your Reading

planning to get my ride new set of rubber, so how this tyre perform ? what is the tread wear, side wall hard or soft kind, any rim protector feature? thanks

I just changed to the Asymmetric 3. Bought for $180 per piece at Eng Wah in Toa Payoh Industrial Park. The tyres feel great and noise level noticeably lower than my old Continental Sport Contact 5. When i first drove off from the shop, it felt a bit "floaty" at first compared to the CSC5s but after a couple of days driving, it feels really good and responsive now. No regrets at all.

• Praise 4

I just changed to the Asymmetric 3. Bought for $180 per piece at Eng Wah in Toa Payoh Industrial Park. The tyres feel great and noise level noticeably lower than my old Continental Sport Contact 5. When i first drove off from the shop, it felt a bit "floaty" at first compared to the CSC5s but after a couple of days driving, it feels really good and responsive now. No regrets at all.

Brand new tires are 99% Quieter than your OLD used tire.

and New tire generally need to run it or scrub in for first 100- 200km. and Driver also need to Adapt to new tire because not all TIres are SAME.

Happy Driving and Drive SAFE and Gracious

• Praise 3

Brand new tires are 99% Quieter than your OLD used tire.

and New tire generally need to run it or scrub in for first 100- 200km. and Driver also need to Adapt to new tire because not all TIres are SAME.

Happy Driving and Drive SAFE and Gracious

Not really. There is a difference in Tyre noise even between NEW tyres. The Asymmetric was rated lower in noise level compared to my old tyres, even when they were new. Check out the Euro label scores at http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Goodyear/Eagle-F1-Asymmetric-3.htm. Asymmetric for my size was rated at 68 decibels compared to about 72 for my old CPC5s even when new. That’s why I chose them and honestly they do sound much quieter. Just my views.

Not really. There is a difference in Tyre noise even between NEW tyres. The Asymmetric was rated lower in noise level compared to my old tyres, even when they were new. Check out the Euro label scores at http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Goodyear/Eagle-F1-Asymmetric-3.htm. Asymmetric for my size was rated at 68 decibels compared to about 72 for my old CPC5s even when new. That’s why I chose them and honestly they do sound much quieter. Just my views.

thanks for your sharing information.

now the after running on this brand new tire is always to get it maintain regularly like correct pressure / tire rotation every 10,000km 

/ balance every 10,000km and do the proper (recommended internal repair if you can ) and Alignment if necessary.

(edited)

I changed to the F1A3 size 235/50-18 weight/speed rating 101Y @$240 each yesterday at Eng Wah Tyres.

Previously using Michelin Latitude Sports3 235/55-18 for 45k mileage and tread left 25% can drive another 15k.

Since yesterday have driving around close to 200km, was a little disappointed that it’s not that huge difference in terms of tyre noise, which means my old Michelin Latitude is not that noisy for a 45k mileage tyres. But this doesn’t mean F1A3 is noisy, I didn’t hear road noise.

Steering is much lighter when driving slower especially when parking which means rolling resistance is lower, however at higher speed it’s not noticeable to be lighter than Michelin which is good thing.

Comfort wise, this 235/50 is more comfortable than 235/55 which is quite amazing which I like, a little bouncy which is a little strange but guess bec sidewall is softer.

Dry cornering, this tyres which haven’t run in much corners better than the Michelin Latitude. At the bend from CTE exit Moulmein, it’s hold the road better than the Latitude tyres even when switching lane while taking that slight bend at 80kmh.

No chance to try dry braking so far and because it’s not raining , can’t comment on wet handling and braking and aqua planning.

The rim protector on the F1A3 is very welcoming as previous Michelin Latitude does not have rim protector.

I understand now why some people likes this tyres but some absolutely hates it. If for some who wants to fee the road 100% and don’t mind the rigidity of tyres like Yoko AD08, Pirelli Pzero, this tyres is too soft. I think this F1A3 is quite unique bec it has certain performance characteristics but is much like a touring comfort tyres.

My 7th set of tyres on the same car this F1A3.

Previously was on:

Bridgestone Dueler HL400 225/55-18

Continental CSC5 SUV 235/50-18

Toyo Open Country UT 235/55-18

Yokohama AD08R 245/45-18

CSC5 SUV 235/55-18

Michelin Latitude Sports3 235/55-18

After trying quite a range of tyres I know what do I like after trying various models..

I’m leaning towards this new F1A3 for the comfort bias yet still grippy just depends if it can last 30/35k with at least 75% tread on it... and of course keeping fingers crossed that the famous side wall tearing for F1A2 and F1A3 will not occur for my tyres.

and the Michelin Latitude for its overall balanced performance in terms of it’s quite grippy, not too uncomfortable, Long lasting so becomes cheap since can last, not too noisy.

Don’t think I’ll try anymore tyres in future other than this 2. This 2 is pretty good for my usage. Hopefully next change is either new Latitude Sports 4 or F1A4

Edited by Chucky2007
  • Praise 7

Hypersonic

I changed to the F1A3 size 235/50-18 weight/speed rating 101Y @$240 each yesterday at Eng Wah Tyres.

Previously using Michelin Latitude Sports3 235/55-18 for 45k mileage and tread left 25% can drive another 15k.

Since yesterday have driving around close to 200km, was a little disappointed that it’s not that huge difference in terms of tyre noise, which means my old Michelin Latitude is not that noisy for a 45k mileage tyres. But this doesn’t mean F1A3 is noisy, I didn’t hear road noise.

Steering is much lighter when driving slower especially when parking which means rolling resistance is lower, however at higher speed it’s not noticeable to be lighter than Michelin which is good thing.

Comfort wise, this 235/50 is more comfortable than 235/55 which is quite amazing which I like, a little bouncy which is a little strange but guess bec sidewall is softer.

Dry cornering, this tyres which haven’t run in much corners better than the Michelin Latitude. At the bend from CTE exit Moulmein, it’s hold the road better than the Latitude tyres even when switching lane while taking that slight bend at 80kmh.

No chance to try dry braking so far and because it’s not raining , can’t comment on wet handling and braking and aqua planning.

The rim protector on the F1A3 is very welcoming as previous Michelin Latitude does not have rim protector.

I understand now why some people likes this tyres but some absolutely hates it. If for some who wants to fee the road 100% and don’t mind the rigidity of tyres like Yoko AD08, Pirelli Pzero, this tyres is too soft. I think this F1A3 is quite unique bec it has certain performance characteristics but is much like a touring comfort tyres.

My 7th set of tyres on the same car this F1A3.

Previously was on:

Bridgestone Dueler HL400 225/55-18

Continental CSC5 SUV 235/50-18

Toyo Open Country UT 235/55-18

Yokohama AD08R 245/45-18

CSC5 SUV 235/55-18

Michelin Latitude Sports3 235/55-18

After trying quite a range of tyres I know what do I like after trying various models..

I’m leaning towards this new F1A3 for the comfort bias yet still grippy just depends if it can last 30/35k with at least 75% tread on it... and of course keeping fingers crossed that the famous side wall tearing for F1A2 and F1A3 will not occur for my tyres.

and the Michelin Latitude for its overall balanced performance in terms of it’s quite grippy, not too uncomfortable, Long lasting so becomes cheap since can last, not too noisy.

Don’t think I’ll try anymore tyres in future other than this 2. This 2 is pretty good for my usage. Hopefully next change is either new Latitude Sports 4 or F1A4

i think the only quiet tyre from BS is the Turanza series. there is a new T005A.

Your review make me very keen to change to this tyres.
But my current BS Alenza 001 only at 23k after 8 mths of usage.
Tyre is too noisy and not what BS claim of quietness. Grip is good though.

I’m leaning towards this new F1A3 for the comfort bias yet still grippy just depends if it can last 30/35k with at least 75% tread on it...

Wow, seriously high mileage if you managed to go tbrough 7 sets of tyres on the same car, assuming all of them clock 40+k mileage each. My previous cars only had total of 2-3 tyre chgs, typically over 9+ yrs!

But realistically, i think rather unlikely to be able to go 30/35k on the F1A3 with 75% tread left.

↡ Advertisement