• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
206 replies to this topic | 616 praises

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:59 AM

lakopi
  • lakopi
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Any idea where is a good place to sell used piano? cost me 10 grand

Angcheek praised this

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:53 AM

Bioinformatics
  • Premium member
    Bioinformatics
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Any idea where is a good place to sell used piano? cost me 10 grand

what brand (spec) and how much you willing to let go. PM me.

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:57 AM

Celicar
  • Celicar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

For those interested to know the gender, if it comes without a pianist, then it's a female piano.

Just saying.

[:p]

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:05 PM

Darryn
  • Premium member
    Darryn
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think Yamaha has a buy back scheme 

The Christifori shop in Parkway Parade has used pianos for sale - perhaps they would be willing to buy from you? 

Otherwise ebay? 

Won't be easy to sell, and likely won't get back anything close to what you paid for it

Behold the tortoise! He only makes progress when he sticks his neck out.
All that's required for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:40 PM

Lycanthrope
  • Lycanthrope
    5th Gear
    Author Image

may i know the brand and model ?

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:53 PM

lakopi
  • lakopi
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Very good condition Yamaha U1 PE one year plus only ... regularly tuned in fact just tuned yesterday.. we are migrating

please quote your offer price

Edited by lakopi, 16 December 2015 - 01:53 PM.

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:25 PM

Latio2005A
  • Latio2005A
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Very good condition Yamaha U1 PE one year plus only ... regularly tuned in fact just tuned yesterday.. we are migrating

please quote your offer price

You can try calling Yamaha for buy back? 

Oh, maybe you had, and their price is  [thumbsdown]

Angcheek praised this
No Free Lunch
I am semi-retired. Smelling roses before it is too late.

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:34 PM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Trade in & Buy Used Pianos, Sell Old Pianos to us, Piano Dealer in Singapore http://www.pianoshop...deInPianos.html

Please call +65-9871 5256 to enquire about selling old pianos. We can trade in & buy used pianos, and can also help to remove & throw away old pianos.
If you have a old piano but still in working condition and seldom used, you may consider to sell the piano to someone who need it. Because if the piano was not used for a long time, there will be many problems with the piano, especially in Singapore and other tropical areas, such as rust or broken string, sticky keys etc. The piano will be damaged and wasted at last.
Selling the secondhand piano earlier can make the piano value more. And Ace Piano Shop http://www.pianoshop.ol.sg can help you to evaluate, trade in your used pianos. We can buy your used pianos at a very good price. To sell the piano to us, you only need to give us a call in advance, and we will help you to evaluate the piano as soon as possible, move the piano and pay you the cash. After that, we will service the piano and then sell the piano to some who need it.   Singapore Piano Shop * Tel: +65-9871 5256 * Email: pianoshop.sg
Address: No.47 Jalan Pemimpin #04-06, S'577200 (Near Marymount MRT Station, Bishan Area)

found this on google... not related to them.... 

also i think you should place ad in marketplace and not here

MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:41 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

first owner depreciation very high   [sweatdrop]

BanCoe praised this
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:25 PM

Solar
  • Premium member
    Solar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Is it a necessity to change pianos after a few years, considering their condition will deteriorate and affect resale value?
Or just use till cui then buy a new one instead?

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:30 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

Is it a necessity to change pianos after a few years, considering their condition will deteriorate and affect resale value?

good piano can last a generation, if you visit the used piano shop, many Yamaha (made in Japan) are almost 10 years and still look and sound like new.

Solar praised this

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:36 PM

Solar
  • Premium member
    Solar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

good piano can last a generation, if you visit the used piano shop, many Yamaha (made in Japan) are almost 10 years and still look and sound like new.

Thanks for the advice bro... Guess I should tell my regular tuner dun need to come already.
Those were his advice.
Noob on pianos.. I bought this jap piano second hand some 5 years ago. Kawai brand.

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:40 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

U1 has good price retention. Should be able to get a good price.

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:42 PM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Yamaha baby is only 13k during sale...how come an upright so exp?

I bought my used bohemian at gramcery or something many moons ago when they were at katong area n there was a wide range of used pianos.

Didn't see any used ones when I went to their new outlet at ubi recently tho.

Unless one is of performance grade, can use until cui then get town council to dispose...
Just need to regularly tune n ensure the heater core is working.

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:43 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

Thanks for the advice bro... Guess I should tell my regular tuner dun need to come already.
Those were his advice.
Noob on pianos.. I bought this jap piano second hand some 5 years ago. Kawai brand.

you still need to tune it regularly unless you mean change the tuner, then maybe you need to change one   [laugh]

i bought a used made in china piano (more than 5 yrs old before we bought it) and my girl has been playing it for 14 years, after she done her grade 8 and we need more space in the room, decided to change to an electric piano and gave the old one away last year to a needy home whose little girl wish to have a piano.

Adrianli and Fishy praised this

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:44 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Those were his advice.

Branded or no brand, pianos should be tuned every 6 months.

Angcheek praised this

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:35 PM

Solar
  • Premium member
    Solar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Branded or no brand, pianos should be tuned every 6 months.

ya.. what i meant was to fire that guy and engage another instead.. he's not that cheap anyway  [smash]

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:40 PM

Solar
  • Premium member
    Solar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

you still need to tune it regularly unless you mean change the tuner, then maybe you need to change one   [laugh]

i bought a used made in china piano (more than 5 yrs old before we bought it) and my girl has been playing it for 14 years, after she done her grade 8 and we need more space in the room, decided to change to an electric piano and gave the old one away last year to a needy home whose little girl wish to have a piano.

Thanks.. cos of this, i did a quick google and found others tune $70 while my regular guy charges me $80.

He also told me better change another piano cos my current one may not fetch good resale if it gets too old. 

My guess he wanted to make a second round from me from the sales/trade-in.

And yes, he has installed a second heater cos he claimed my place a little too moist and the first one isn't able to function effectively.

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:43 PM

Flying_genie
  • Flying_genie
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I also own a Made in Japan Yamaha U1. There are Yamaha pianos made in China and Indonesia too. Sorry to inform TS that resale value for used pianos is very, very low. Expect to take a big hit, possibly up to 50%. Age of piano is not that big a factor.

The Made in Japan Yamaha U1 will fetch a higher price compared to the Made in China or Indonesia.

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:17 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Pianos can last for a long long time if regularly tuned. My first piano was a cheap tokai piano that was already more than 10 years old when I got it. Used it for another 3-4 years before upgrading.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: tags, selling, year, piano

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users