Selling one year old Piano

lakopi

Supersonic

Some people are so good that they can play a guitar like ringing a bell :(

are you talking about harmonics?
↡ Advertisement

Bro if you stay at the east side, I can recommend you one.

Wah that's a bit far. I Stay north side. Currently considering just staying with Yamaha 1 on 1 teaching.

Wah that's a bit far. I Stay north side. Currently considering just staying with Yamaha 1 on 1 teaching.

Bro my advice stay away from Yamaha. They are crappy and starters learn nut. Go for teachers that stick with ABRSM that is more recognised.

• Praise 1

Side track question...any one know of a good repairman for upright piano? Two different tuners commented the same that mine needs certain parts replacement. They're not too keen on earning from me for the repair because it can be time consuming to look for parts and replacement.

Mine is a bohemian upright.

Supersonic

No lah :XD:

Thatâs the lyrics for johnnny b Goode [thumbsup]

oh man you are right... time to rewatch my BTTF trilogy again :XD:
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Harmonics got many kinds .. pinch, tap, string, .. you referring to tap ?

bro you still actively playing nowadays?

Any parents have a piano teacher to recommend?

My girl is k2

I am unable to recommend teacher but can share some suggestions :

1. Avoid music schools - they are very commercial driven It's all about $$$. Furthermore, you cannot choose the teacher you want. The school will allocate the teacher to you.
  2. Difference between teacher where you have to travel to or the teacher travel - Good teachers don't need to travel. They are so popular that the students will naturally go to them. Normally, the teachers who travel are the ones who are not popular.
  3. It is important for the teacher to have a good relationship with the student. I had a horrible teacher, who only screamed and shouted. I hated my lessons. I made sure my kids enjoyed their lessons and have a good relationship with their teacher.
  4. Learning music is a long road. From zero to grade 8 piano, we're probably looking at 9-10 years. Otherwise, just learn to play recreationally. No need to sit for exams. Even then, to play decent songs, it is still many years of development.

Hope you have success in finding a teacher your daughter likes. Do not shy away from changing piano teachers if need be.

• Praise 4

I am unable to recommend teacher but can share some suggestions :

• Avoid music schools - they are very commercial driven It's all about $$$. Furthermore, you cannot choose the teacher you want. The school will allocate the teacher to you.
  • Difference between teacher where you have to travel to or the teacher travel - Good teachers don't need to travel. They are so popular that the students will naturally go to them. Normally, the teachers who travel are the ones who are not popular.
  • It is important for the teacher to have a good relationship with the student. I had a horrible teacher, who only screamed and shouted. I hated my lessons. I made sure my kids enjoyed their lessons and have a good relationship with their teacher.
  • Learning music is a long road. From zero to grade 8 piano, we're probably looking at 9-10 years. Otherwise, just learn to play recreationally. No need to sit for exams. Even then, to play decent songs, it is still many years of development.
Hope you have success in finding a teacher your daughter likes. Do not shy away from changing piano teachers if need be.
Yeah I know the logic. My girl been doing Yamaha for 8 months. While it's quite fun in terms of the syllabus given the singing and listening and understanding rhythm, u learn very slowly in a class.

Since we do make regular practice time for my girl, the progress is way too slow.

Theres quite a few piano teachers contacts in the kiasu parents thread. But unfortunately I don't have any contacts from my friend or relatives. I don't mind traveling to the teacher house but not too far lah.

Whether it is music school of private teachers, all of them need to make a living. My girl started at Ossia.  The plus point for these music schools is they sometime organise mini concerts or competitions, so there is a chance for the students to perform in front of an audience or on stage.  Private teachers might not be able to organise such events due to less resources.

I think it is important for the students to perform on stage (could be church children music performance etc), practice with others, prepare, rehearse for it etc. If it is just learn and take exams, it would be very very boring.

• Praise 1

Bro my advice stay away from Yamaha. They are crappy and starters learn nut. Go for teachers that stick with ABRSM that is more recognised.

Bro, can you elaborate? My son is learning in Yamaha but taking the ABRSM syllabus and exams..

(edited)

Whether it is music school of private teachers, all of them need to make a living. My girl started at Ossia.  The plus point for these music schools is they sometime organise mini concerts or competitions, so there is a chance for the students to perform in front of an audience or on stage.  Private teachers might not be able to organise such events due to less resources.

I think it is important for the students to perform on stage (could be church children music performance etc), practice with others, prepare, rehearse for it etc. If it is just learn and take exams, it would be very very boring.

my kids learn from a teacher where all her students to go her house to practice, she will organise x'mas party where each child has to play piece according to their level and parents are invited.

She will rent studio to let the students practice on other piano few weeks before exam. 

I think she still teaching since 40 yrs ago though her daughter took over most of her student load and she only took a few.

Edited by Jman888
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Thanks to @hamburger intro. Me and the wife sat in for trial lesson with the teacher you recommended. She seems to be able to handle my girl. Will continue lessons with her.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1