Selling one year old Piano

lakopi

Hypersonic

If buying new Yamaha, do try to get the Japan-made ones, easier to resell next time.  Maybe around 8K-9K for U1 with the weaker yen.  Wait for Yamaha sales once every few months.  6K for used U1 won't make sense.

If unsure whether your child has long term interest, get a digital piano for a few hundred dollars, at least not so heart pain in case give up, or upgrade.  If really going for an used one, check when it was manufactured, don't end up getting one with new COE!

All the best!

well yamaha U1 brand new now is 8.8k on sale.

https://sg.yamaha.com/en/files/MYS_P6_5978628b3ae4d0f0677d4403ec7e2a38.jpg

I'm perfectly ok with 2nd hand, as I'm also not sure how far the interest will go.

But yeah i won't go digital piano way. Just a proper instrument, then see whether she or didi have further interest in the future. 

Hypersonic
(edited)

I'm perfectly ok with 2nd hand, as I'm also not sure how far the interest will go.

But yeah i won't go digital piano way. Just a proper instrument, then see whether she or didi have further interest in the future. 

for me, i will go with group lessons first to monitor music interest

and playing the digital piano may not be a bad idea as young fingers are usually not long or strong enough to play proper piano keys.....

u1 nowadays made in indonesia hor ...that's what the used piano dealers will emphasize to you to make you buy their 50, 60 year old japan made pianos

:D

Edited by Enye

I don't know anything about this stuff

But I saw this on ezbuy prime

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=39305491102&_ezgpid=20000001814790

Hypersonic
(edited)

for me, i will go with group lessons first to monitor music interest

and playing the digital piano may not be a bad idea as young fingers are usually not long or strong enough to play proper piano keys.....

u1 nowadays made in indonesia hor

:D

Her music class teacher said best is to start 1-1. She says once they make a habit, very hard to break later on. 

She had trouble with her elder son doing the same also, so well at least that's what she warned us about.

She gave the contact of her own kids' piano teacher, so i will let my girl go and see how first.

I believe it's the U1J which is indonesian. The U1 is MIJ.

5.7k vs 8.8k for MIJ brand new.

Edited by Lala81

This is probably a digital piano? Not absolutely sure, but based on my understanding should be.

yes that is a digital.

This is probably a digital piano? Not absolutely sure, but based on my understanding should be.

I donno anything about this

But I think it is probably digital one

If my Neighbour whole day play Chopin

I really don't mind :grin:

Lim Kopi, Kua Poh Zua, still got Chopin listen

Jin songs :grin:

If next door chut drum set, siao Liao :(

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

MAybe can google check when is the Yamaha sales. The discount can be substantial. Bought a E-drum set for my son during the sale.. 

Wish we move to Mustank's neighbourhood.. [laugh]

Hypersonic

MAybe can google check when is the Yamaha sales. The discount can be substantial. Bought a E-drum set for my son during the sale.. 

Wish we move to Mustank's neighbourhood.. [laugh]

school holidays start liao, so yup it's yamaha sale time!

Don't force your kids into music. You can initiate/introduce it to them, but don't force them. Don't even ask if they want to learn. Otherwise, you probably stand a chance of having one big black elephant in your house especially so if it's a piano.

If they wanna learn, they will by hook or by crook.

My niece, both parents objected her to learn due to budget constraints. However, she self-learn with her own savings, giving tuition. Basically, a self-motivated learner.

Mine is totally opposite. An expensive mistake!

My opinion is that, if wanna them learn (by "force"), get them to learn "cheap" and portable musical instruments like guitar, ukelele, harmonica....

• Praise 2

Don't force your kids into music. You can initiate/introduce it to them, but don't force them. Don't even ask if they want to learn. Otherwise, you probably stand a chance of having one big black elephant in your house especially so if it's a piano.

My niece, both parents objected her to learn due to budget constraints. However, she self-learn with her own savings, giving tuition. Basically, a self-motivated learner.

My opinion is that, if wanna them learn (by "force"), get them to learn "cheap" and portable musical instruments like guitar, ukelele, harmonica....

Guitar also not cheap. A good guitar with options can range from $700 plus to few Ks

(edited)

got $100 one lah. Kids play play only.... [laugh]

$700 is only 10% of 7K.

Portable musical instrument can bring along to beach, blow blow, strum strum.... happy family....

Piano needs to use Mustank diesel truck. :D

Guitar also not cheap. A good guitar with options can range from $700 plus to few Ks

Edited by Kangadrool

Hypersonic

mine also big black elephant in the living room

nowadays only use to play birthday songs

waiting for no 3 to come of age to see if he is interested or not

bought new 3k plus china piano...still expensive for a peasant like me

[:/]  [sweatdrop]

if can force them to learn swimming, sure can force them to learn piano also. I felt learning some basic music is also a life skill just like swimming, some time it helps them to cope with stress.

Turbocharged

Those who are thinking of buying a used piano , can ask around among colleagues, friends and relatives.  Chances are there is someone who has a piano sitting in one corner for years and doing nothing but collect dust.  They will sell for cheap if they can find someone willing to provide delivery and get some money back.  I know cos a few person their kids grown up already stop learning and collect dust forever.

If my Neighbour whole day play Chopin

I really don't mind :grin:

Lim Kopi, Kua Poh Zua, still got Chopin listen

Jin songs :grin:

If next door chut drum set, siao Liao :(

You just go to Youtube search, can play Chopin whole day.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1