Star Wars: The Force Awakens [spoiler alert]

Zxcvb

Oh you talking about those older star wars books! [laugh] I read a few pages, fell asleep.

I didn't read. I read the summary on wiki. The story very interesting on summary.

Ok I admit, I watched Ep 1, 2 & 3 because of Natalie Portman only.

She awakens my......

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 3

No it does not follow the expanded universe books. :huh:

basically disney killed the Expanded Universe story.

there is no Admiral Thrawn, Mara Jade , Clone Emperor, etc...

• Praise 2

I think the reason for that is, if Disney followed expanded universe they will not have exclusive license rights to the characters. Or something like that. :huh:

• Praise 1

Besides as what the rest already mentioned before about how easy is Rey being able to harness the "Force".

Also a little disappointed on their casting of Adam Driver as Kylo Ren, the moment he removes his mask, I thought he gonna break into a song cos he looks like the band Magic! lead singer Nasri, haha...

Overall still pretty enjoyable movie.

• Praise 1

Just finish watching the show.... and i think Disney and Abrams basically killed the franchise. Probably im not the target audience. Suprised that most movie reviews gave it 4-5 stars.

Kylo Ren must be the worst villian of all time. i basically chuckled whenever he remove his mask

Waa.... You're into lolitas?

no lah ... I like to wear white singlet and in Leon she also wear white singlet ... so I figured we 心灵相通 lor.

here cannot lolita hor, wait [whip]  backside very painful one ...  [:p] 

• Praise 3

with all the overzealous hype about this starwars movie, i not surprise someone will be disappointed....

marketing is good but overdoing that is simply telling one that the movie may not give that WOW factor....

when lords of the rings first appear not much marketing was done but damm the movie sure pulled alot of ppl to it and continue for the next 2 years....same for Avartar... no one took a 2nd look but when it finally shownn, everyone rushed to it through word of mouth....

Looking at spoilers here... it seems like my gut feel is correct but then I will still watch it for the cinematic experience and hey its XMAS so just sit back and enjoy the Hollywood drama...

manage your expectations.....

yup, its about expectations.

for me, am not a big time Star Wars fan so found it was quite OK entertainment.

but if I were to put on a fan hat, I would say I do not find the new characters engaging at all, and I can almost match many of the scenes to Episode 4 and 5 and also a bit of Episode 3, Episode 7 is really low on originality.

same for Spectre, I am a James Bond fan and I found it disappointing and also low on originality.

but well, what do I know, Episode 7 will probably make $1billion in a few weeks time ... [laugh]

Indeed they thrashed thousands of man hours of work putting together a whole storyline that's conscientiously designed to connect

Really sad. That explains why I have yet to watch this new trilogy

I don't believe Disney could simply butt in and outdo all these seasoned sci fic authors who were overseen by Lucas himself

• Praise 1

This Padawan may disgree..

Imagine Vader-Zuckerberg returning from the Darkside and telling her "I am your Father..."

Instead of screaming "Nooo....", she's gonna click lots of FB Dislikes.  [:p]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3365263/Star-Wars-fan-Mark-Zuckerberg-posts-adorable-photo-daughter-Max-Jedi-cloak.html

2F79249300000578-0-image-a-10_1450410091

Just finish watching the show.... and i think Disney and Abrams basically killed the franchise. Probably im not the target audience. Suprised that most movie reviews gave it 4-5 stars.

Kylo Ren must be the worst villian of all time. i basically chuckled whenever he remove his mask

...the Show goes on it must.... as the Force is strong I feel...

200.gif

• Praise 3

Just watched the movie. I don't think it's as bad as some people make it out to be.

True, the villains are disappointing, especially Kylo. Quite tame and weak. Hardly see any "Force" in action. But Daisy Ridley is swee. :XD:

Han Solo was great. Without him, the movie would be pretty dull.

I would rate it 8 out of 10. Nice movie with good continuous action if you ignore the lousy villains.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6