Star Wars: The Force Awakens [spoiler alert]

Zxcvb

the villain in question throws hissy fits when unhappy, like a spoiled brat. :XD:

someone more sinister like Darth Maul would be a better fit for the dark side.

Rey is swee indeed. One scene reminds me of Nazis, which was cringeworthy.

Just watched the movie. I don't think it's as bad as some people make it out to be.

True, the villains are disappointing, especially Kylo. Quite tame and weak. Hardly see any "Force" in action. But Daisy Ridley is swee. :XD:

Han Solo was great. Without him, the movie would be pretty dull.

I would rate it 8 out of 10. Nice movie with good continuous action if you ignore the lousy villains.

• Praise 2

Minimal spoiler alert:

What Timothy Zahn wrote, is no longer part of the SW universe?

7/10, good that it is back after a decade, average that everything crammed in within 2 hours, bad that anyone suka suka can harness and use the force.

• Praise 1

Mr bad guy just have a foul temper.

Even chocolate managed to poke poke him -.-

haha ... ya ... anger management issues ....

this one force not very strong, so even the general also dare to go against him ... not like his grandfather ... [laugh]

• Praise 1

Anyone know what happened the time between episode 6 and 7?? After the Death Star was destroyed, darth Vader and emperor palpatine died, what happened to the empire? Why from galactic empire to first order?? And also why rebel alliance to resistance?

Anyone know what happened the time between episode 6 and 7?? After the Death Star was destroyed, darth Vader and emperor palpatine died, what happened to the empire? Why from galactic empire to first order?? And also why rebel alliance to resistance?

there is a novel titled Aftermath,

it explains a bit of the in betweens..

• Praise 1

Mr bad guy just have a foul temper.

Even chocolate managed to poke poke him -.-

He is like the strawberry generation vader wannabe..

• Praise 4

Many people suddenly become life long star wars fan overnight when then movie started. lol.

Going to the BPL thread now to see if there are any lifelong Leicester City fans!!!

Edited by Toothiewabbit
  • Praise 5

Leaving room for prequels

• Praise 1

JJ Abrams chose a safe path in this new instalment. Understandably so, considering his Disney bosses paid $4b for the franchise. This episode is reminiscence of the original trilogy. So much resemblance it felt like a remake of A New Hope to me, except that the characters are changed.... ie instead of Luke, we have Rey... and the old Luke is Yoda. Kylo is just an emotional version of DV.

And about Kylo, he was impressive when he was introduced. He can do what Yoda or DV can't. He can 

- can read people's mind

- stop a laser beam 

And yet, not only did he struggle to shake off Finn, a sanitary cleaner who uses the lightsaber for the first time, he also found no match against a girl who never had any training of the force and is also using the lightsabre for the first time. Yes he was injured by Chew but unless both of legs was sawn off, I find it illogical that he had to struggle like a wimp in the last battle.

• Praise 5

JJ Abrams chose a safe path in this new instalment. Understandably so, considering his Disney bosses paid $4b for the franchise. This episode is reminiscence of the original trilogy. So much resemblance it felt like a remake of A New Hope to me, except that the characters are changed.... ie instead of Luke, we have Rey... and the old Luke is Yoda. Kylo is just an emotional version of DV.

And about Kylo, he was impressive when he was introduced. He can do what Yoda or DV can't. He can 

- can read people's mind

- stop a laser beam 

And yet, not only did he struggle to shake off Finn, a sanitary cleaner who uses the lightsaber for the first time, he also found no match against a girl who never had any training of the force and is also using the lightsabre for the first time. Yes he was injured by Chew but unless both of legs was sawn off, I find it illogical that he had to struggle like a wimp in the last battle.

haha .. I see your point ... yeah, character development a bit weak here. his ah gong would rise up from the grave ... [:p]

its very familiar and very safe and very well put together, even though its like 80% - 85% cut and paste.

↡ Advertisement