Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic | 30 praises

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:46 PM

Yeobt
  • Yeobt
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys,

Any nice and active FB group to join to expand my ICE exposure here?

The heat here is like a bit low.

TIA

(i love my old car like i love my money, so i decided to keep an old car and keep my money from LTA)  [thumbsup] 

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:17 PM

Forte3737

Hi guys,

Any nice and active FB group to join to expand my ICE exposure here?

The heat here is like a bit low.

TIA

People are ⚠ in the way they spend money nowadays.what is the point of installing an expensive sound system when that money can be used to buy a good sound system for the house?

Moreover an accident can easily damage your ice equipment that cost thousands. Mechs may also fiddle with the sound system when you leave the car for servicing
Acegem84 praised this

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:33 PM

Genes
  • Genes
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

You wanna say something only, or have something to say?

Anyway, the ICE scene is kinda dead now. Many ICE shops, not many active groups that I know of though.

Perhaps you can fair better in your googling for  a group, or start one up again.

iPhone or iMia?

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:11 PM

Yeobt
  • Yeobt
    6th Gear
    Author Image

totally agree. the ICE scene today is so much slower comparing to the 90s.

then, i was driving an old starlet and my ICE setup costs more than the value of my lau pok car.

maybe people stop playing ICE becos new car these days come equipped with standard HU.  [crazy]

You wanna say something only, or have something to say?

Anyway, the ICE scene is kinda dead now. Many ICE shops, not many active groups that I know of though.

Perhaps you can fair better in your googling for  a group, or start one up again.

like to see people's ICE setup. 

(i love my old car like i love my money, so i decided to keep an old car and keep my money from LTA)  [thumbsup] 

Posted 18 December 2015 - 01:10 PM

Forte3737

Its really for those with lots of cash lying around, but don't know what to do with it.

totally agree. the ICE scene today is so much slower comparing to the 90s.

then, i was driving an old starlet and my ICE setup costs more than the value of my lau pok car.

maybe people stop playing ICE becos new car these days come equipped with standard HU.  [crazy]

like to see people's ICE setup. 

Posted 18 December 2015 - 07:01 PM

Yeobt
  • Yeobt
    6th Gear
    Author Image

guys, i just bought this HU. i DL some mtv in MP4 format but was unable to view the video.

i read the user manual, it says it supports MP3/WMA/AAC,

my question is which of this format above can view MTV i DL and converted from youtube?

what is the other possibility i could view MTV thru this HU?

20151216_173426a_zpswnmukcos.jpg

TIA  [wave]

Posted 18 December 2015 - 07:17 PM

Optramagnum
  • Premium member
    Optramagnum
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I only spend at most 2 hours in my car everyday, so no point for me.. During weekends, got free radio from in laws, entertaining enough
LoverofCar praised this

Posted 18 December 2015 - 07:39 PM

Holdenutessv
  • Premium member
    Holdenutessv
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

guys, i just bought this HU. i DL some mtv in MP4 format but was unable to view the video.

i read the user manual, it says it supports MP3/WMA/AAC,

my question is which of this format above can view MTV i DL and converted from youtube?

what is the other possibility i could view MTV thru this HU?

20151216_173426a_zpswnmukcos.jpg

TIA  [wave]

MP3/WMA/AAC are audio file formats, not video formats. I don't think this HU supports MP4 video files though. You may have to convert it into MPEG2 or even 1... :mellow:

Or if you want, any links of the mtv so I can convert it into those formats, then upload for you to test with your HU?

2BDriver praised this
Error 404: Signature Not Found

Posted 18 December 2015 - 07:48 PM

Yeobt
  • Yeobt
    6th Gear
    Author Image

MP3/WMA/AAC are audio file formats, not video formats. I don't think this HU supports MP4 video files though. You may have to convert it into MPEG2 or even 1... :mellow:

Or if you want, any links of the mtv so I can convert it into those formats, then upload for you to test with your HU?

thanks bro!  :a-good:

Posted 18 December 2015 - 07:56 PM

Yeobt
  • Yeobt
    6th Gear
    Author Image

page 50.

http://www.alpine.co...20e_ap_vers.pdf

Posted 18 December 2015 - 09:06 PM

Holdenutessv
  • Premium member
    Holdenutessv
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

edit...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zk23bf359d6u27m/testing.zip?dl=0

Edited by Holdenutessv, 18 December 2015 - 09:27 PM.

Yeobt and FourZero praised this
Error 404: Signature Not Found

Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:30 PM

Yeobt
  • Yeobt
    6th Gear
    Author Image

just changed a pair of better quality mid/high front speakers to power up the bass of my techno music.

now, looking for a good shop that can install EQL with equipment to fine tune the sounds. any recommendation?   

TIA

Posted 10 January 2016 - 01:13 PM

markw12
  • Premium member
    markw12
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

hv u installed subwoofer? (for more boom)

just changed a pair of better quality mid/high front speakers to power up the bass of my techno music.

now, looking for a good shop that can install EQL with equipment to fine tune the sounds. any recommendation?   

TIA

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:54 PM

Yeobt
  • Yeobt
    6th Gear
    Author Image

hv u installed subwoofer? (for more boom)

ya, bass tube

you can consider this 

audiocontrol epicenter if you also like to listen techno music like me.  [:p] 

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:04 PM

markw12
  • Premium member
    markw12
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I like techno too, currently have an underseat sub. Though, can't do mods now, deciding whether to change ride or not  [:/]

ya, bass tube

you can consider this 

audiocontrol epicenter if you also like to listen techno music like me.  [:p] 

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:47 PM

Naimed
  • Premium member
    Naimed
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I only spend at most 2 hours in my car everyday, so no point for me.. During weekends, got free radio from in laws, entertaining enough

I have a pretty decent system at home but I don't have time to listen to it. The 1.5 hours spent on the road Mon-Fri is "compulsory" and it is also good opportunity to enjoy / catch up on some music.

If driving a passenger car with no mods (on intake and exhaust), it is a good platform for a basic ICE system. One can get a decent passive system for <$1K and that $1K is stretch further if you get pre-loved parts (HU with USB, multi-channel amp, component speakers, sub and perhaps sound damping on the front doors).

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:10 PM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Now most high end cars come with very good quality sound system to let you enjoy for the 1 hour + ride in your car..... most owners don't spend such money on ICE anymore.

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:04 PM

Auto_emocion
  • Premium member
    Auto_emocion
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Most owners don't even buy CD anymore. So why bother to tune up the ICE. Waste of money.

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:48 PM

richard_crl032
  • richard_crl032
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I have a pretty decent system at home but I don't have time to listen to it. The 1.5 hours spent on the road Mon-Fri is "compulsory" and it is also good opportunity to enjoy / catch up on some music.

If driving a passenger car with no mods (on intake and exhaust), it is a good platform for a basic ICE system. One can get a decent passive system for <$1K and that $1K is stretch further if you get pre-loved parts (HU with USB, multi-channel amp, component speakers, sub and perhaps sound damping on the front doors).

Hi Naimed,

1.5 hours a day on the road would be perfect and worthwhile for a good ICE audio setup.

Not sure for others but I also have an OK home setup but cannot even have 1 hour a day or something not even 1 hour a week while 7.5 hours for 5 working days and say another 5 hours over the weekend to me is more justifiable that a home system.

However, basic ICE for significant difference from stock system which someone mentioned is already quite good would be in the region of sgd5k else no point .... this sgd5k is also the limit of the entry group in EMMA sound competition.

Cheers,

Richard

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:26 PM

Mavwong
  • Premium member
    Mavwong
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

why would ICE be expansive? Even with lowest end HU from major brand, simple 4 ch amp and front and rear component speaker is much better than any stock system that come with car.

Altis72 praised this

Back to In-Car-Entertainment  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Auto Edition Trading

Auto Edition Trading  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Ongct63  |  Neutral Newbie

Went down Auto Edition Trading yesterday to install my power magic for my marbella Lx5 recorder.The staff was friendly and even show me the way to nearby eatery for my lunch. After my lunch. The car was done up. Thumb up for the staff. The installation charge was resonable. Thks again » Read More

Han Revolution

Han Revolution  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by mdyazidyusof  |  Neutral Newbie

Nice people with quick service. Very helpful. Lots of Vezel stuffs too. Highly recommended!

I installed door scuffs and rear diffuser

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Audio System - In Car Entertainment

Quick Reply

Tags: ice, car, radio, group

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users