ICE FB Group

Yeobt

I have a pretty decent system at home but I don't have time to listen to it. The 1.5 hours spent on the road Mon-Fri is "compulsory" and it is also good opportunity to enjoy / catch up on some music.

If driving a passenger car with no mods (on intake and exhaust), it is a good platform for a basic ICE system. One can get a decent passive system for <$1K and that $1K is stretch further if you get pre-loved parts (HU with USB, multi-channel amp, component speakers, sub and perhaps sound damping on the front doors).

Hi Naimed,

1.5 hours a day on the road would be perfect and worthwhile for a good ICE audio setup.

Not sure for others but I also have an OK home setup but cannot even have 1 hour a day or something not even 1 hour a week while 7.5 hours for 5 working days and say another 5 hours over the weekend to me is more justifiable that a home system.

However, basic ICE for significant difference from stock system which someone mentioned is already quite good would be in the region of sgd5k else no point .... this sgd5k is also the limit of the entry group in EMMA sound competition.

Cheers,

Richard

↡ Advertisement

why would ICE be expansive? Even with lowest end HU from major brand, simple 4 ch amp and front and rear component speaker is much better than any stock system that come with car.

• Praise 1

I use Audison bit8.9 very good amp + processor, 8 ch ensure you can drive 2way active. But more than your budget.

Mav

Hi guys,

Any recommendations for Dsp + amp combi for stock HU?

Possible to be below $700?

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Currently my setup front Focal 2 way 165KR, rear Focal coaxial , hertz sub, hertz 5ch amp, Helix dsp pro processor, 4 doors double layer soundproof, front wheel well soundproof , boot lid soundproof. All in about $6k.

I feel like upgrading to Focal Utopia Be N7, 2 x 4ch + 2ch Mosconi amp.

Any views on that?

ya, bass tube

you can consider this 

audiocontrol epicenter if you also like to listen techno music like me.  [:p] 

Hi yeobt, after you use this epicenter, do you still have a dsp connected to your ICE setup?

Anyway, yeah i noticed that the ICE scene in SG literally died, but somehow still so many ICE shops around, fix camera cannot be so good to earn right..

Hi yeobt, after you use this epicenter, do you still have a dsp connected to your ICE setup?

Anyway, yeah i noticed that the ICE scene in SG literally died, but somehow still so many ICE shops around, fix camera cannot be so good to earn right..

bro, i'm not sure how was connected becos i'm not a technical person. basically i pay and enjoy only.

most new cars these days came with built-in stereo and many owners also worry that the warranty of the car could be affected with

3rd party gadgets. so ICE shops these days do a lot of cosmetic add-on and enhancement works like sound proofing and body wrapping too.

bro, i'm not sure how was connected becos i'm not a technical person. basically i pay and enjoy only.

most new cars these days came with built-in stereo and many owners also worry that the warranty of the car could be affected with

3rd party gadgets. so ICE shops these days do a lot of cosmetic add-on and enhancement works like sound proofing and body wrapping too.

icic, thanks bro. maybe i check the product website.

aiyo the built-in stereo not shiok leh.

PS: i enjoyed your motosiao stories a lot. lol.

icic, thanks bro. maybe i check the product website.

aiyo the built-in stereo not shiok leh.

PS: i enjoyed your motosiao stories a lot. lol.

wa, you read my stories har. kam sia.  :grin:

did you watch a motor siao video with 好兄弟 on FB?

wa, you read my stories har. kam sia.  :grin:

did you watch a motor siao video with 好兄弟 on FB?

yah.. i ride bike also mah.. hahah..

nv leh. can share the link? :D