DINERS Vicom Card

BanCoe

Any Bros or Ladies in MCF have difficulty using Diners Vicom card or for that fact the regular Diners card ??  I got it when I was sending my vehicle for inspection and they gave me a cash discount on the inspection fees and told me that I will get another $29 discount if I spend $1200 per annum or something like that and free towing or jump starting . Now I tried to use it for my vehicle Insurance- kenna reject, use it SGH -kenna reject , use in Serangoon Rd shop - kenna reject , even Groupon also - kenna reject . Only good thing was the discount at the inspection centre; nothing else and they told me I can pay Road Tax with it but have yet to try;

Any inputs ???

↡ Advertisement

Diners seemed to be desperate.

I only vaguely remember that most online payments is either Visa/MC or Amex. Don't remember seeing Diners.

Hi TS - I have the same card - use it at Sheng Siong supermarket! Confirm can use hahahahhaa

OK I think I can use it there but I will not be entitled to the Sheng Siong Diners discount then again 5% , this Diners card ties up with even Mustafa  (called the Mustafa Diners card)  also for some rebates, now with this Vicom card I can enjoy entitlements on at Vicom which to a certain extent is quite good but have to clock $1200 spending per year, Just how to spend so much at Vicom in the first place- I was most shocked when SGH said it don't accept Diners   

Maybe they never see this card before so reject.

No bro... actually they all are quite eagle eyed..... Diners immediately say No;  Long time back I had Amex also similar but only thing is that some merchants of low profit sensitive items will say - Aiyah! you have to pay 2% more for Amex; Visa/ Master cum cum   

seriously I'm surprised someone still uses Diners...

even amex the acceptance rate is getting lower and lower. But amex still has some very good card offers.

Just get a simple man card like POSB Everyday card. Go SS also got 5% rebates, pump SPC yew also got rebates. Every damn transactions also got rebates in terms of Everyday$$$; just a matter of different % only. More more less less, add up many many and it does not expire. Plus can use it to offset credit card bill. [thumbsup]

OK I think I can use it there but I will not be entitled to the Sheng Siong Diners discount then again 5% , this Diners card ties up with even Mustafa  (called the Mustafa Diners card)  also for some rebates, now with this Vicom card I can enjoy entitlements on at Vicom which to a certain extent is quite good but have to clock $1200 spending per year, Just how to spend so much at Vicom in the first place- I was most shocked when SGH said it don't accept Diners   

No bro... actually they all are quite eagle eyed..... Diners immediately say No;  Long time back I had Amex also similar but only thing is that some merchants of low profit sensitive items will say - Aiyah! you have to pay 2% more for Amex; Visa/ Master cum cum   

• Praise 5

Diners seemed to be desperate.

I only vaguely remember that most online payments is either Visa/MC or Amex. Don't remember seeing Diners.

Remember an incident many years ago at states.. went to a restaurant with an American, when he foot the bill with amex, the waistress said 'sir, so you have master or visa?'.. he put the amex back into wallet and pulled out a visa..hehe. I suan the angmoh, 'yeah.. that's how unique amex is, an American restaurant in America don't accept American express.... Muahahaha...

• Praise 1

And diners cannot pay their diners using Diners Club cards. [:p]

Remember an incident many years ago at states.. went to a restaurant with an American, when he foot the bill with amex, the waistress said 'sir, so you have master or visa?'.. he put the amex back into wallet and pulled out a visa..hehe. I suan the angmoh, 'yeah.. that's how unique amex is, an American restaurant in America don't accept American express.... Muahahaha...

Yeah, I know.

When I use to work in my ex-company, we were issued with Amex Corporate Card.

In hotels where we stay, there's no problem excepting that card.

However, when we go out and dine at restaurant, we would occasionally get into problem and have to pay with cash or personal Visa/MC card and then claim later on.

But that's company policy.

I have no problem using my Diners Club card. Call up their hotline for assistance.

I did call their hotline and they got Kayu people and rather tongue tied - I only took it up because at the inspection center at kaki Bukit and wait so long and out come this salesgirls from Diners saying only good things about it and on the spot cash discount off the inspection using my existing Visa card on that day itself - what I feel is that diners got no market outside so they tie up with Shengsiong and mustafa Propriety Cards and now Vicom to create another type of propriety card and so far they say singpost accepts them for road tax payment - by saying so if you use Diners Vicom at Shengsiong you don't get their rebate unlike if you use only Diners Sheng siong card exclusively

I have a regular diners card that i still keep just for paying the road tax by installment. Comes annual renewal can still beg for fee waiver, so continue to keep it.

↡ Advertisement