GPS Mount

elmoguy

There is no best mounting device. It's either blocking the air con or if we mount it on the dashboard , it will have stain marks after a prolong period

[thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  You are right. 

A lot of photos appear to be of left hand drive cars????

Yes, it is interesting to see how creative people are around the world.

Looks cool! Where did you get it?

You can get it here:

(BURLINGTON SQUARE is next to SIM LIM SQUARE along BURGER KING #01-01, beside RTG CREDIT #01-02, small retail shop P2O MOBILE #01-03 frontage YELLOW signage " OTTERBOX LOGO" facing MAIN ROAD)

CONTACT / WHATSAPP / SMS / PM 9753 7735

I ordered this for me to mount my smartphone when I need to use Google Maps.

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/MOBILE-PHONE-HOLDER-STAND-SILICONE/422697570?selectedOptions=

It sticks nicely onto the screen in my car's centre console. Something to consider for those who have an appropriate surface for suction pad.

Cool. Can it withstand the heat under open car park? Where do you mounted it?

post-165514-0-42971100-1456412175.jpg

Cool. Can it withstand the heat under open car park? Where do you mounted it?

attachicon.gif20160225 10.56 305.jpg

I have a headunit in the centre console that is slightly tilted upwards, however it does not have GPS. I simply stick my phone onto that screen when I need to use google maps.

It wouldn't be useful for mounting on windscreen due to the angle. Best is a surface that can stick and is tilted upwards. If you have such a surface, this is a cheap, small and effective handphone mount.

Watch from 2min 10seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMOuzttCqvo

Edited by flashbang
  • Praise 1

i am not too sure if its a good idea to mount the holder at eye level. i feel that under most circumstances, this would create a blind spot on your windscreen which is so much more dangerous den making a wrong turn.

google map is so advance now where the screen zoom in before you make a turn and tells you way in advance (something like 3km before an exit and maybe subsequent reminder). so there is no need to ogle at the gps all the time.

in unfamiliar places, prepare yourself in advance by going tru the route first, keep to the slow lane (not hogging) and take a 1/2 sec glance at the gps when u need it. this should take you to your destination safely.

when driving, watch out whats infront and around your car, NOT the GPS. 

Any cheap suggestion for Garmon gps?

This is good if you are okay without 3-D terrain view and 3-D buildings and landmarks view and Voice-activated navigation and Enhanced pedestrian navigation and Bluetooth.

post-165514-0-54645900-1456481543.jpg

I would buy this model if it has 3-D terrain view and 3-D buildings and landmarks view since visual enhanced graphic is important to me. Bluetooth is useless since my phone is connected to my audio system with bluetooth. Voice activated navigation is not important to me too.

I think get a good suction one can alr, plus you will have flexibility in where you'd want to put it. Air vent mount suitable if your are comfortable with where the device is going to be.

But best is integrated with car, not need to attach this and that. Can't wait for integrated dashboard to be a industry standard. 

audi-q7-dash.jpg

↡ Advertisement