Car lost power at cruising speed. Why?

Winning

Car suddenly lost power during cruising speed and come to a stop. What are the likely cause ? Can start but misfire & stalls

↡ Advertisement

Very curious with modern car misfire.

All the fuel injection is electronic control unlike old car with carburettor (old technology).

Basically, the engine combustion sequence is all out of timing. Must definitely overhaul

2 cents question, have you ever run out of fuel before on this car?

Bo leh , I pump 98 all the while ... Yesterday lost speed at mce , lucky no car if not jialet. Very suai day.. Morning till afternoon tio washing till jialet jialet , going home time tio this shit

Most likely faulty fuel pump.  I have same experience on Peugeot 307.  The feeling is like while driving, sudden lost of traction but reconnects again within few second.

Send to workshop for checking before it dies on the road.

Ya , u r right fuel pump issues , I was told ... How much does it cost?? Any idea?

Owning a car is expensive , repair also expensive ... Everything related to car also expensive ... FML

It's either fuel (pump, pressure regulator) or ignition (spark plugs/ignition coil) system problem.

Sometimes, it's sensor problem like crank position sensor.

• Praise 1

Mine Nissan was lost of power and acceleration while cruising on PIE.

RPM dropped to 1,000, car slowing down while I steered to the road shoulder. Restart the engine after a 5 min interval and car moved till I reached home. Thinking that it could be my air filter dirty, I replaced it and no problem for a week. 

2nd incident happened around bugis area, same problem. RPM dropped 1000 and stalled.

Went to TC, diagnosed that the E Throttle is Kaput need replacement. Cost me S$ 280.00 for the full unit.

Hopefully is helpful to you

Hmm sound cheap , I think I need to switch to Japanese cat soon .... I was quoted 700 for the fuel pump 200 for labour ... Way too expensive , damn T_T

↡ Advertisement