Houseflies in F&B at Jurong Point

Victor68

I have not been to Jurong Point for a while or rather since Jem and West Gate were up. Today, I visit the once busy shopping centre and was not only surprise, I am very disappointed. I writing this in the hope the management will do something or the NEA should.

At level 1 atrium, there were many F&B outlets. I was trying to book a table and when they usher me towards the table, I was very shock. The table and those around me were full of houseflies. How on earth could an air conditioned shopping centre be in this condition and no action taken? 

I do hope this is just today (from the expression of the staff, it seems normal) and they offer me a seat inside the shop instead of the atrium. I still see one or 2 houseflies around but lesser.

↡ Advertisement

Think its because the taxi drop off area near pizza hut there door always open and seems like didnt have blower on entrance door, so expect the mall to be warm and few flies to enter

My complaint for jurong point will be aircon not cool enough, handicap toilet kinda annoying since my ah ma doesnt have mrt card and some places not well lit. It shows its age but it is still one of the most crowded malls in singapore.

I normally go to JP once in a week or two

• Praise 2

My only complaint is that there are too many ppl ... oh well, guess if its popular, its crowded ...

on wknds the outside is more crowded than inside, like little india

I have not been to Jurong Point for a while or rather since Jem and West Gate were up. Today, I visit the once busy shopping centre and was not only surprise, I am very disappointed. I writing this in the hope the management will do something or the NEA should.

At level 1 atrium, there were many F&B outlets. I was trying to book a table and when they usher me towards the table, I was very shock. The table and those around me were full of houseflies. How on earth could an air conditioned shopping centre be in this condition and no action taken? 

I do hope this is just today (from the expression of the staff, it seems normal) and they offer me a seat inside the shop instead of the atrium. I still see one or 2 houseflies around but lesser.

Actually what you can do is take some pictures and email to NEA if it's a PH. If it's a weekday or office hours you may call their hotline and have them come down to the restaurant.

• Praise 3

My only complaint is that there are too many ppl ... oh well, guess if its popular, its crowded ...

It might be too crowded. But I have not problem in getting a car lot in any day. This is a big plus point that I am going to miss JP after I shift out from West , moving to North.

It might be too crowded. But I have not problem in getting a car lot in any day. This is a big plus point that I am going to miss JP after I shift out from West , moving to North.

Jurong point default is super crowded. Unless you go on weekday off-peak hours. Lol.

Jurong point default is super crowded. Unless you go on weekday off-peak hours. Lol.

Not too sure if you are referring to human or car traffic.

If traffic is concern, then usually I do not have any problem in getting a car lot, regardless any hour.

JP also offers MON to THUR 12 - 2 pm free parking.

• Praise 1

STOMP them lor.

You still get $50. [lipsrsealed]

Then the F&B will all complain the mall mgmt to do something.

However, cooler temperature(less eco friendly as well) will not deter flies.

It only makes flies move slower :grin:

The main cause is remnant food or using unwashed table cloth that will attract flies.

Then F&B retailers will again complain it's due to the lack of manpower.

this problem persisted for long time... I remembered those houseflies ever since I first step foot into JP which is back in 2010 when I joined a company in the west. We had lunch in JP almost daily basis....

Not too sure if you are referring to human or car traffic.

If traffic is concern, then usually I do not have any problem in getting a car lot, regardless any hour.

JP also offers MON to THUR 12 - 2 pm free parking.

Human traffic anytime also crowded, and on weekend and peak hours even more crowded. Traffic wise, i find quite crowded on weekend and lunch and dinner timing.

Edited by 13177

In the old days, JP is the only big mall in the West, so it is always jammed pack.

But now with Jurong East having a few big malls, why is there such a big draw to JP? Excellent feng Shui or what?

In the old days, JP is the only big mall in the West, so it is always jammed pack.

But now with Jurong East having a few big malls, why is there such a big draw to JP? Excellent feng Shui or what?

Maybe there are a huge volume of HDB flats and dormitory there. Also the mall have almost every type of shops, which is why still can attract big crowds?!