Drive down the cost of acquisition and expand availability of cars
- car dealers, workshop & ancillaries services are still an important part of the local economy and cap on COE is a cap on the market size.
- it's still an aspirational item as many bro/sis says, "face" device
- plenty of HDB carparks built in new estate or revamp estates, need to cover amortization cost
Drive up the cost of use
- Pay by use and distance via ERP GPS
- Increase car park cost at popular destinations
- Increase congestion around popular places
- Increase fuel surcharges
- Increase road taxes
Drive up attractiveness of alternative to car as mode of regular transportation
- increase train coverage density
- increase bus coverage density
- increase personal mobility equipment use of public spaces
All the goodness of milk (cars) without the fat (congestion).
Edited by Limwsv, 29 December 2015 - 11:04 AM.