Come Share Your View on "Car-Lite City"

Imac

buses good... when you peer out of the window and the car next to bus is driven by a lady wearing mini skirt... and the skirt rises almost all the way up..

+ Spaghetti Strap top.

I miss those days whenever SYT sit beside me in the bus. The smell, the brush of skin.. sb song

you can always leave the car at home and take bus

+ Spaghetti Strap top.

this one must be busty then shiok

why you all only paint the good part which only happen once in 100 rides   [laugh]  [laugh]

Then my wife will sit beside me... [sweatdrop]

Edited by Weez911

Do what China does lor.  1-3-5 only car plates ending with odd numbers allowed on the roads. 2-4-6 only even numbers allowed.  No exceptions, cannot buy day license or whatever crap.

There - 50% cut in congestion.  

Those rich ones can buy 2 cars with one odd number and one even number.

• Praise 1

@Forte3737 & @edwin15

if two of you have personal thing to talk, please use PM.

Ya man.. PM each other, state place and time to meet to... stop hogging air time haha
  • Praise 2

I will agree with you that your approach, reduce COE quota will also solve the problem of congestion.  Our goals are the same, just that the path are different.

However, I believe that increasing operation cost of cars is a better choice because it means that everyone still have an option to use their car when public transportation is sub-optimum.  Example, bulky items from Ikea, travel to Malaysia, grocery from outlying suburbs, or the bro that needs to race his RC boats  Your solution eliminates that option altogether for a lot of people.  

Also, increasing operational cost solution offers the car industry and ancillaries support services better economic prospects, yours reduces their opportunities.

So, increasing number of COEs but increasing operational cost is offers a more solution that results in better benefits.

now there are 2 groups on the argument of car lite city, objective is to stop driving

High Car price & low usage cost to stop driving Vs Low car price & High usage cost to stop driving

which one easy to implement? of course High car price is easy, now it's already, if implement "OSC", car price will be further higher, force some people give up driving, it cure the illness from root,

however to lower car price, in Singapore case beside increasing COE quota, not another way, potentially it will cause traffic condition worse and worse, because there is a huge car population in behind, even if high usage cost, but lower car purchase cost can offset the usage cost, because Singaporean all already had high COE experience, compare to sky high COE usage cost still is low, subsequently car parking, accident, emission Pollution...etc headache problem all come

• Praise 2

I believe car lite sg is possible. When the mrt station behind my place is up and running, I see very little justification for me to drive to town at least. Unless I have a lot of shopping to do.

But to the other ends of sg, I'll drive for sure.

now there are 2 groups on the argument of car lite city, objective is to stop driving

High Car price & low usage cost to stop driving Vs Low car price & High usage cost to stop driving

which one easy to implement? of course High car price is easy, now it's already, if implement "OSC", car price will be further higher, force some people give up driving, it cure the illness from root,

however to lower car price, in Singapore case beside increasing COE quota, not another way, potentially it will cause traffic condition worse and worse, because there is a huge car population in behind, even if high usage cost, but lower car purchase cost can offset the usage cost, because Singaporean all already had high COE experience, compare to sky high COE usage cost still is low, subsequently car parking, accident, emission Pollution...etc headache problem all come

Low car price high usage costs won't work. People already paid for the car and they will justify for the costs to use it.

'aiyah.. I take cab also about same price... Let's just drive lah'. Ends up still jam everywhere.

Only way is like what u said. Cut the car supply from the start. Too bad the only way is to make it out of reach for most folks.

Or.. High car price high usage costs.

Double cfm plus chop no jam liao.

Guess we have to wait till 2100 when hover anti gravity vehicles become a reality. Then We can exploit the traffic space vertically.

• Praise 2

High Car price & low usage cost to stop driving Vs Low car price & High usage cost to stop driving

which one easy to implement? of course High car price is easy, now it's already, if implement "OSC", car price will be further higher, force some people give up driving, it cure the illness from root,

however to lower car price, in Singapore case beside increasing COE quota, not another way, potentially it will cause traffic condition worse and worse, because there is a huge car population in behind, even if high usage cost, but lower car purchase cost can offset the usage cost, because Singaporean all already had high COE experience, compare to sky high COE usage cost still is low, subsequently car parking, accident, emission Pollution...etc headache problem all come

Look at LTA stats.  Overall, the number of cars has decline in 2014 & 2015.  It is likely to reduce further.  My guess is that vehicles population might end at 900k unit rather than 974k in 2013.  Most of the reduction would be from private cars.

• Praise 2

I prefer COE-lite.

later only have 5 yr coe.

lease drop by 50% but price drop by 25%.

Car-lite......how bout Kei cars?

• Praise 3