Treetop Walk

Showster

For macritchie, depends if you go by clockise or anti-clockwise. The trail is a 11km loop. Go by clockwise, will pass by jelutong tower first, however part of the path (Golf link) is closed til 30th april. Therefore currently the only way is go anticlockwise.

My friends said that the golf link is open. 

The best 11km running route in Singapore.

running to sime route to riffle range route is even better... :) 

What you have must have experiencing the trek was workers are putting on new road-track to the old path ( muddy when rain or over fallen trunk and topsy turvy path ), the current path was much easier & one do not get to meet wild boar and its family of young boars, tripping and hiding among bushes.

Today weather was unpredictable, half way mark it started to drizzle, my partner and i decide not to proceed toward TreeTop bridge, it's my intuition not to try as it was getting dark by 5pm, so we make an U turn back to Venus Dr. car park instead. Well I found the new track day to weak, but rather the steps are sandy coated against grip and its reflective and if one looks downcast, it may get headache.

they stop people from gg to treetop at 4.45pm or if there is lighting risk. 

↡ Advertisement

For macritchie, depends if you go by clockise or anti-clockwise. The trail is a 11km loop. Go by clockwise, will pass by jelutong tower first, however part of the path (Golf link) is closed til 30th april. Therefore currently the only way is go anticlockwise.

Indeed the one loop either way is about 10km. When i first walked the route at macritchie, i didnt know about the distance and my leg felt so sore after i have completed the walk!

• Praise 1

Walk more frequently lor. Walk walk see see, everyday more happy.

Agreed, walk more frequently and it really can build up my stamina and overall health. 

Done the tree top adventure in Bali few years back

Good fun u guys can try

There is one similar in SG at Bedok Reservoir road, I think is call "forest adventure"  ending with a flying fox over the reservoir. 

OBS also has this as part of the training I think. During my NPCC days, we also had such adventures.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

Done the tree top adventure in Bali few years back

Good fun u guys can try

Howcome bicycle can go up there?

I tried this with my son at the Yishun Safra Adventure club before.. That time join the SAFRA AVventure race, as Father and son team.

BT no kick and no fun . . . less impact !

I feel BT is more siong cause have more uphill climb compare to macritchie..

Howcome bicycle can go up there?

I tried this with my son at the Yishun Safra Adventure club before.. That time join the SAFRA AVventure race, as Father and son team.

I feel BT is more siong cause have more uphill climb compare to macritchie..

Actually i prefer BT than macritchie, cause BT got up and down terrain. Whereas macritchie only one long straight route, and it gets a bit boring to walk. 

Walk more frequently lor. Walk walk see see, everyday more happy.

Walk and fresh air and sunshine.  [thumbsup]

Got mosquitos or not?

U wearing FBT shorts or blood very sweet ?  :XD:

• Praise 1

Thanks, then no need to wear long sleeves n pants le

You wear long sleeves and pants go macritichie trail,  people will mistaken you as ATB.. 

• Praise 1

Walk and fresh air and sunshine. [thumbsup]

U wearing FBT shorts or blood very sweet ? :XD:

Hehe...no fbt shorts, usually in those 3/4 length tights

Scare of sun n mosquitos...more like Dracula Hor....people should scare of me sucking their blood [:p]

You wear long sleeves and pants go macritichie trail, people will mistaken you as ATB..

Hehehe....u see Hor....those atbs will also wear a cap together with Long sleeves and pants

They r usually fair coz they protect against the sun while our locals ladies not scare of being tanned de

I prefer to stay fair too [:p]

There is one similar in SG at Bedok Reservoir road, I think is call "forest adventure" ending with a flying fox over the reservoir.

OBS also has this as part of the training I think. During my NPCC days, we also had such adventures. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I did it late last year before it closed for reno. I think it's reopening soon. Cheaper on weekdays.

It's foolhardy to wear FBT shorts for this activity. The harness will cut in & also cause chaffing.

Next time shall bring my gym gloves; palms & fingers hurt so bad!

• Praise 1

Hehe...no fbt shorts, usually in those 3/4 length tights

Scare of sun n mosquitos...more like Dracula Hor....people should scare of me sucking their blood [:p]

Hehehe....u see Hor....those atbs will also wear a cap together with Long sleeves and pants

They r usually fair coz they protect against the sun while our locals ladies not scare of being tanned de

I prefer to stay fair too [:p]

That's true, they usually wear those oversize visor.
  • Praise 1

I did it late last year before it closed for reno. I think it's reopening soon. Cheaper on weekdays.

It's foolhardy to wear FBT shorts for this activity. The harness will cut in & also cause chaffing.

Next time shall bring my gym gloves; palms & fingers hurt so bad!

Edited by Tianmo
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1