New Bargains to be had?

tenyawph

(edited)

Paterson Collection is a freehold development, consisting of 85 units. The expected buyers are the very rich people, as this development is in a very prime area, and consists only large-sized units of 3-bedder, 4-bedder and penthouses.

The developer is Bukit Sembawang View. It obtained TOP in 2015. The parent company, Bukit Sembawang Estates, made a provision loss of $17.5M in its 2014 annual report.

This is a property that you cannot walk in and buy, simply because it is not launched yet, in view of poor market sentiments.

trying to rob ......errrrrr.....get a fair deal

Edited by Staff69
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Turbocharged

Thanks for the great work in educating.

Now I am indeed curious. How many units of the intended (touted) supply from 2016-2018 are subject to QC and ABSD? How many are not and can be deferred for years?

The figure will inform about the actual supply versus the touted supply. It has huge implications on final price determination.

I have posted this before in the other thread, "Private property prices... Up or Down?"  Let me duplicate it here as well.

The developer's ABSD is applicable for land sales conducted from Dec 2011 onwards.  The condition is that after 5 years from the date of the land sales, if there are remaining unsold units, the developer has to pay 10% (revised to 15% for land purchased from Jan 2013 onwards) of the land costs it paid for.

Developer with foreign holdings (e.g. public-listed companies) have to obtain a QC and there is a 2-year deadline after TOP to sell all unsold units, failing which extension premiums have to be paid.  The premiums are calculate at the per annum rates of 8% of the land purchase price for the first year, 16% for the second, and 24% for the third/subsequent years of extension, pro-rated based on how many unsold units are left.

HDB Land Sales in 2012 (ABSD deadlines in 2017)

post-166337-0-90237800-1459589874.jpg

URA Land Sales in 2012 (ABSD deadlines in 2017)

post-166337-0-12418300-1459589875.jpg

I hope this clarifies. 

• Praise 2

anyone got info on

paterson collection

waaaa your eyes now look very high in the sky :grin: after you buy , dont forget to show some picture 

• Praise 7

(edited)

Went to see Trilinq early 2015. Very basic interior finishing. Nothing special.

Exterior Facade thou looks quite nice. Could become Icon of Clementi.

Location wise i see the Traffic, MRT track & school behind i  [sweatdrop]

Within 10mins walking distance to MRT. But no shelter so rain or hot sun again  [sweatdrop]

Dropped Trilinq because it was asking appx 1.3k+ psf for compact 3bedder.

To be honest Lakeville is a better Bargain but still abit too ex.

End up got a resale instead further West.

I think Trilinq had released some units btw $1.1k+ psf onwards.

Lakevile also have units selling from $1.1k+ psf.

Seems both dropped prices 5% - 10% from 2015.

At $1.1k psf i think can consider liao.

With Govt's Heavy Investment at JE (JLD/HSR/2nd CBD) & JW (JID).

These 2 projects and others in West might be a decent buy.

2025 both Infrastructure should be up & running.

Should have some $ to make barring recession.

Just my 2cents.

Cheers!

Edited by Eric4285
  • Praise 7

(edited)

waaaa your eyes now look very high in the sky :grin: after you buy , dont forget to show some picture

post-131345-0-79187300-1459596937.jpeg :secret-laugh:  :XD:

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 12

Supersonic

26 Newton is a freehold development as a result of a collective sale in Mar 2011.  It does not have a ABSD deadline (imposed only on land sales from Dec 2011 onwards).  The developer, Novelty Corp, seems to be a 100% locally-owned company, which implies that no QC (applicable for developer with foreign holdings) is needed.

In other words, this development is untouchable.  It can take its own sweet time to sell all its units without any monetary penalty. 

Current status:

Recently obtained TOP.  Total units 160.  60 units launched.  33 units sold. 

PSF price range of transactions done so far: Low of $2,119 psf (807 sq ft unit) to High of $2,653 psf (614 sq ft unit).   

Most of the 33 units sold are 1-bedder.

That's true with regards to absd and QC.... but no need pay interest meh?

And even if they funded this with all cash, they don't need to consider opportunity cost?

• Praise 3

Just a note.

Property athough not like perishable goods do ungo physical deterioration.

Especialy the exterior and facade.

Units which have TOPed and not sold becomes more and more difficult to sell.

In the end they become permanently unsold. There are several examples

Nobody likes to buy an empty old "new" unit

Unless the price is discounted.

The business of developers is to sell and roll

Not keep and bet on where the market will go.

Good luck.

I retire from this thread as my current opinions and thoughts have already been deeply expressed

Till the market situation changes my opinions, adios.

• Praise 3

And even if they funded this with all cash, they don't need to consider opportunity cost?

How would you place your money if you had hundreds of millions or even billions?

Turbocharged

To sell at a much reduced price (to move units), probably is a higher cost to them than the opportunity cost of holding on to the units and selling later at the desired price.  That is a risk that the developer takes.  Time will tell. 

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Certainly the JE and JW story will come good one day but real potential will not be fully realised  in the next 5 years at least and probably much longer

Don't forget an entity called Forward pricing, which many developers do in boom time.

Jurong Gateway sold at 1700pfs. Consider transaction and holding cost, will need near 2000pfs just to even out

The question is how many 10 years of life does one have to wait.

Went to see Trilinq early 2015. Very basic interior finishing. Nothing special.

Exterior Facade thou looks quite nice. Could become Icon of Clementi.

Location wise i see the Traffic, MRT track & school behind i  [sweatdrop]

Within 10mins walking distance to MRT. But no shelter so rain or hot sun again  [sweatdrop]

Dropped Trilinq because it was asking appx 1.3k+ psf for compact 3bedder.

To be honest Lakeville is a better Bargain but still abit too ex.

End up got a resale instead further West.

I think Trilinq had released some units btw $1.1k+ psf onwards.

Lakevile also have units selling from $1.1k+ psf.

Seems both dropped prices 5% - 10% from 2015.

At $1.1k psf i think can consider liao.

With Govt's Heavy Investment at JE (JLD/HSR/2nd CBD) & JW (JID).

These 2 projects and others in West might be a decent buy.

2025 both Infrastructure should be up & running.

Should have some $ to make barring recession.

Just my 2cents.

Cheers!

• Praise 8

Turbocharged

Tonight's spotlight is on Alex Residences. 

A leasehold development near the Redhill MRT.  Total 429 units, with 173 unsold units remaining.  According to the development's brochure, the expected TOP is Feb 2019.  This is 6 years+ from the date of land sales award in Dec 2012, exceeding the 5-year ABSD deadline!  In all likelihood, the TOP can be expected to be much earlier, in late 2017, to avoid the ABSD deadline.

The transacted psf ranges from $1,437psf to $2,108psf.  Most of the lower floors (i.e 22nd floors and below) have been sold.   Looking at the price trend of past transactions from 2013 to 2015, it is evident that the average psf (see attached picture) has been creeping up since mid-2014, as units are sold progressively from the lower (cheaper) to the upper (more expensive) floors. 

Picture taken from Edge Property website

post-166337-0-93437700-1459608939_thumb.jpg

http://business.asiaone.com/news/developers-sanguine-about-selling-out-stamp-duty-deadline#sthash.IcjA33Vf.zh2Rc9Mj.dpuf

Quote:

"Singapore Land (SingLand) general manager Michael Ng told The Business Times that the group does not intend to have any units left by the deadlines to meet ABSD remission conditions. "We don't have the intention to lower prices also," he said."

The best selling point of this development is that it is a short walk to the Redhill MRT.  Having a MBS-like infinity pool at the highest floor, 40th floor, which overlooks the eastern side of Singapore, is another selling point.

The ABSD penalty for this development is $33.3M, if it is not 100% sold by the 5-year deadline.   A possible fire sale near end-2017? Only time will tell if Mr Ng's confidence is misplaced.

Properties reviewed by me in this thread so far:

16 Mar posting

The Trilinq

1 Apr posting

Nouvel 18

2 Apr posting

Sky Vue

26 Newton

Paterson Collection

• Praise 6

I think you deserve a blog and/or newspaper column of your own.

Your reader pool will be much larger than the current property analysts.

SPH should contact you.

Tonight's spotlight is on Alex Residences. 

A leasehold development near the Redhill MRT.  Total 429 units, with 173 unsold units remaining.  According to the development's brochure, the expected TOP is Feb 2019.  This is 6 years+ from the date of land sales award in Dec 2012, exceeding the 5-year ABSD deadline!  In all likelihood, the TOP can be expected to be much earlier, in late 2017, to avoid the ABSD deadline.

The transacted psf ranges from $1,437psf to $2,108psf.  Most of the lower floors (i.e 22nd floors and below) have been sold.   Looking at the price trend of past transactions from 2013 to 2015, it is evident that the average psf (see attached picture) has been creeping up since mid-2014, as units are sold progressively from the lower (cheaper) to the upper (more expensive) floors. 

Picture taken from Edge Property website

attachicon.gifAlex Residences price range.jpg

http://business.asiaone.com/news/developers-sanguine-about-selling-out-stamp-duty-deadline#sthash.IcjA33Vf.zh2Rc9Mj.dpuf

Quote:

"Singapore Land (SingLand) general manager Michael Ng told The Business Times that the group does not intend to have any units left by the deadlines to meet ABSD remission conditions. "We don't have the intention to lower prices also," he said."

The best selling point of this development is that it is a short walk to the Redhill MRT.  Having a MBS-like infinity pool at the highest floor, 40th floor, which overlooks the eastern side of Singapore, is another selling point.

The ABSD penalty for this development is $33.3M, if it is not 100% sold by the 5-year deadline.   A possible fire sale near end-2017? Only time will tell if Mr Ng's confidence is misplaced.

Properties reviewed by me in this thread so far:

16 Mar posting

The Trilinq

1 Apr posting

Nouvel 18

2 Apr posting

Sky Vue

26 Newton

Paterson Collection

• Praise 5

Supersonic

How would you place your money if you had hundreds of millions or even billions?

Tell you when I strike toto 10 times  [laugh]

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Tell you when I strike toto 10 times  [laugh]

toto max so far x 10 times also 90 mil only ... still dun hit 100 mil.

• Praise 3

(edited)

Buy house and cars oversea and retire liao lo,come back sg for holiday. still invest simi Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 7

Buy house and cars oversea and retire liao lo,come back sg for holiday. still invest simi

That's a feasible option as an individual. Here, "you" refers to commercial entities such as businesses or companies especially those in real estate.
  • Praise 3

Buy house and cars oversea and retire liao lo,come back sg for holiday. still invest simi

billions of course retire in sg,safe mah.

proof that neh big no brain.

post-91387-0-65715800-1459653474.gif

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6