New Bargains to be had?

tenyawph

Bro, a property lover [gorgeous] will always be addicted to property talk :wub:

U cant run away from it one

You are likely to come in again sooner rather than later even if market remains steady steady pom pee pee  [laugh]

Just a note.

Property athough not like perishable goods do ungo physical deterioration.
Especialy the exterior and facade.
Units which have TOPed and not sold becomes more and more difficult to sell.
In the end they become permanently unsold. There are several examples

Nobody likes to buy an empty old "new" unit
Unless the price is discounted.

The business of developers is to sell and roll
Not keep and bet on where the market will go.

Good luck.

I retire from this thread as my current opinions and thoughts have already been deeply expressed

Till the market situation changes my opinions, adios.

• Praise 12

Twincharged

Tough competition for Alex residence.

Launched later than most of the condos around the redhill mrt and also the name sounds common.

Echelon (name sounds more atas) just next to it, had a big advantage bec launched the weekend before the last CM 

Needed balloting

Prices quite ridiculous, think the lowest floor for the studio units went for 1800+pfs and all the way up past 2000pfs for higher floors 

Echelon will be top soon

Overall good location but not worth the price range. Competition for rentals for the smaller units will be very very tough in due time

Alexis (the mother of Mickey Mouse units in the area), a bit distance away has already seen quite a bit of rental drop in the past year.

If own stay, maybe still OK

Tonight's spotlight is on Alex Residences. 

A leasehold development near the Redhill MRT.  Total 429 units, with 173 unsold units remaining.  According to the development's brochure, the expected TOP is Feb 2019.  This is 6 years+ from the date of land sales award in Dec 2012, exceeding the 5-year ABSD deadline!  In all likelihood, the TOP can be expected to be much earlier, in late 2017, to avoid the ABSD deadline.

The transacted psf ranges from $1,437psf to $2,108psf.  Most of the lower floors (i.e 22nd floors and below) have been sold.   Looking at the price trend of past transactions from 2013 to 2015, it is evident that the average psf (see attached picture) has been creeping up since mid-2014, as units are sold progressively from the lower (cheaper) to the upper (more expensive) floors. 

Picture taken from Edge Property website

attachicon.gifAlex Residences price range.jpg

http://business.asiaone.com/news/developers-sanguine-about-selling-out-stamp-duty-deadline#sthash.IcjA33Vf.zh2Rc9Mj.dpuf

Quote:

"Singapore Land (SingLand) general manager Michael Ng told The Business Times that the group does not intend to have any units left by the deadlines to meet ABSD remission conditions. "We don't have the intention to lower prices also," he said."

The best selling point of this development is that it is a short walk to the Redhill MRT.  Having a MBS-like infinity pool at the highest floor, 40th floor, which overlooks the eastern side of Singapore, is another selling point.

The ABSD penalty for this development is $33.3M, if it is not 100% sold by the 5-year deadline.   A possible fire sale near end-2017? Only time will tell if Mr Ng's confidence is misplaced.

Properties reviewed by me in this thread so far:

16 Mar posting

The Trilinq

1 Apr posting

Nouvel 18

2 Apr posting

Sky Vue

26 Newton

Paterson Collection

• Praise 11

(edited)

billions of course retire in sg,safe mah.

proof that neh big no brain.

SG too hot for big neh neh cannot meh?

Billions i retire around the World liao

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 1

Tough competition for Alex residence.

Launched later than most of the condos around the redhill mrt and also the name sounds common.

Echelon (name sounds more atas) just next to it, had a big advantage bec launched the weekend before the last CM

Needed balloting

Prices quite ridiculous, think the lowest floor for the studio units went for 1800+pfs and all the way up past 2000pfs for higher floors

Echelon will be top soon

Overall good location but not worth the price range. Competition for rentals for the smaller units will be very very tough in due time

Alexis (the mother of Mickey Mouse units in the area), a bit distance away has already seen quite a bit of rental drop in the past year.

If own stay, maybe still OK

Spot on..

The Ascentia also many units letting go..

I think Metropolitan will be a better buy due to the location n rental potential..

Those who initially bought Metropolitan had a really good rental yield ...

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

Up and coming launch of a new condo in Jurong East area.

The 1st property sold under the 2015 URA Land Sales will soon be launched.  Lake Grande, by MCL Land, with a total of 550 units.

Being near to Jurong Lake, the selling point of this development is its promixity to the Lakeside MRT, and a short drive to Jurong East area. 

It will compete directly with next door Lakeville (also by MCL Land) that is currently under construction, which is 84% sold, with 113 unsold units (of a total of 696 units).  

It is interesting to note that Lake Grande was procured in Mar 2015 at $630 psf per plot ratio (ppr), while 2 years earlier, Lakeville was procured in Jan 2015 at $651 psf ppr.  The difference of a mere 3% in the psf ppr indicates that the same property developer was eager to procure the adjacent land (of Lakeville) to block any rival developers from winning the land sales and potentially undercutting Lakeville in selling price.  Well, MCL Land had succeeded in this aspect! 

It will be interesting to see how MCL will pitch its new development against its older silbling. Kind of reminding you of Sky Habitat and Sky Vue (both by CapitaLand), right? Both were designed very differently, with a price range very different from each other. 

Will we see the same situation for both Lakeville and Lake Grande?  We will have to wait for the group's chief executive officer, Koh Teck Chuan, to reveal this.

To sum up, I will quote the often used phrase "Time will tell".  We eagerly await the new launch of Lake Grande!

Edited by tenyawph
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

next up is Gem at toa payoh

all agents are geared up for this 

as usual units are small. now just waiting to see the price. most likely not much surprise there  [laugh]

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

next up is Gem at toa payoh

all agents are geared up for this 

as usual units are small. now just waiting to see the price. most likely not much surprise there  [laugh]

The last private property in Toa Payoh was the Trellis Tower, launched in the late 1990s.   I think there will be a pent-up demand for another private property in Toa Payoh. 

The land was bid (under HDB Land sales) in Jun 2015 for $755 psf ppr and therefore, I will not be surprised if the launch price range is from $1,400 to $1,600 psf for the units, judging from recent transactions for Trellis Tower.  If the developer is optimistic, it might be priced higher from $1,500 psf to $1,700 psf. 

Now the not so good selling points of this property:

1) Some people might avoid this property if they are superstitious of staying near a temple, Seu Teck Sean Tong.

2) In terms of MRT accessibility, it is not within walking distance of the Braddell MRT.   Two bus stops away.

3) By car, to exit to Braddell road, you have to drive one big round around the estate (via Lor 4, 5, 7 and 6)  to reach to the intersection where you turn right from Lor 6 to go to the flyover along Braddell road.  If you return to the property via Braddell road, there is a notorious traffic bottleneck near the CTE exit to Braddell road. 

4) The property is surrounded by HDB flats.  HDB Block 53, which is 20 storeys high and built on higher ground, will partially block the view from the units facing South.

There you have it.  A preliminary review, until I got more information of Gem. 

• Praise 6

Twincharged
(edited)

The last private property in Toa Payoh was the Trellis Tower, launched in the late 1990s.   I think there will be a pent-up demand for another private property in Toa Payoh. 

The land was bid (under HDB Land sales) in Jun 2015 for $755 psf ppr and therefore, I will not be surprised if the launch price range is from $1,400 to $1,600 psf for the units, judging from recent transactions for Trellis Tower.  If the developer is optimistic, it might be priced higher from $1,500 psf to $1,700 psf. 

1) Some people might avoid this property if they are superstitious of staying near a temple, Seu Teck Sean Tong.

2) In terms of MRT accessibility, it is not within walking distance of the Braddell MRT.   Two bus stops away.

3) By car, to exit to Braddell road, you have to drive one big round around the estate (via Lor 4, 5, 7 and 6)  to reach to the intersection where you turn right from Lor 6 to go to the flyover along Braddell road.  If you return to the property via Braddell road, there is a notorious traffic bottleneck near the CTE exit to Braddell road. 

4) The property is surrounded by HDB flats.  HDB Block 53, which is 20 storeys high and built on higher ground, will partially block the view from the units facing South.

very good analysis bro

yes, launch pricing likely to be average $1,500 psf. To be adjusted accordingly based on initial take up

it could sell well due to the pent up demand as you have mentioned. BD ppl in the developer told me they are optimistic about the sales.

As for quality, i have some reservations. They haven't done that many projects. It is very much an opportunistic PE kinda setup.

They have sold well in previous projects due to market conditions.

well, see how well it goes in May.. to be continued.. 

btw i saw that their 5 bedrooms is 1,299 sqft?? wow!!

Edited by Wyfitms
  • Praise 1

Hmmm.... That area, machiam like kana haze throughout the year. Qing Ming, seven month etc lots of burning from the temple. Also the temple also stores the urn of the dead. Not that attractive leg. Unless your ancestor is put there and u like to pay daily respect!

• Praise 1

This one not exactly a JEM

Mature estate, Toa Payoh, near town etc

But it is not in the best location in Toa Payoh, Hub area still the best

But definitely walkable,10 mins walk to Braddell MRT or faster if can run

Think pricing still the main determining factor whether it will sell or not

Many staying there will buy if pricing is right bec good to be close to parents or grandparents 

$1500 pfs for studios still OK but if for normal size units, its expensive

For some, the temple which looks elevated may be a problem but that really depends on facing and orientation of the blocks and units

best guess is they should be able to sell at least 20-30% of units easily and if pricing is right, probably more

• Praise 6

I absolutely refuse to believe there is any oversupply

until I see prices fall substantially.

The only reason prices are not going up faster

is due to cooling measures.

If the CMs are removed I can see prices

sky rocketing.

Btw I am not a property salesman.

:D

Sounds like a property pundit, however I do liked your way of thinking  [laugh]

• Praise 3

based on the scenario, buyer 33% win 66% lose ... buyer must be siao :a-fun:

why not developer absorb ABSD now and seal the deal? muahahaahaha

Schemes-01.jpg

y this type of thing still need infographic... must be slow news day

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

Today, the spotlight is on a very unknown property, by YTL group.

For those who drove their cars to attend a wedding at The Regent Singapore would have noticed a fenced up area on the left side of Cuscaden Road before turning right into the hotel's premises to go to the car park.

A big noticeboard on the fence will indicate that the developer is YTL.  This is the 3 Orchard by the Park.  The land was procured for $435M or at a high of $2,498 psf ppr.  This means that the selling price of the planned 77 units will have to be in the range of about $3,200 psf ppr just to to break-even. 

The current poor market sentiment means that this freehold development will not see the 'daylight' anytime soon. 

Properties reviewed by me in this thread so far:

16 Mar posting

The Trilinq

1 Apr posting

Nouvel 18

2 Apr posting

Sky Vue

26 Newton

Paterson Collection

Alex Residences

4 Apr posting

Lake Grande

5 Apr posting

Gem (Toa Payoh)

Edited by tenyawph
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

Today, the spotlight is on a very unknown property, by YTL group.

YTL is known lah, same owners of starhill global reit & KL starhill malls & YTL group also listed on bursa... got holding power 1

Edited by Duckduck
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

YTL is known lah, same owners of starhill global reit & KL starhill malls & YTL group also listed on bursa... got holding power 1

Pardon my ignorance.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1