More CPF savings with new rules

Ben5266

The CPF salary ceiling, the maximum amount of ordinary wages that employee and employer contributions are calculated on, was raised from $5,000 to $6,000.

"Middle-income Singaporeans will be able to accumulate more CPF savings during their working years," Deputy Prime Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam said when he announced the latest change during the Budget in February last year.

At least 544,000 CPF members are expected to benefit.

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/business/more-cpf-savings-new-rules#sthash.pajiY2Zl.dpuf

====

1. There are 544,000 people earning $5000 or more here. Excluding sole proprietors, directors and private tutors. 

2. Each person (and employer) will pay $370 more monthly. Gov will receive >$200mil cash monthly. Or gov really short of cash meh?

3. $370 more in the CPF account. About $200+ can be used for housing loan. Positive impact to the property price.

4. $200 less take home pay.... Retail business and COE.... down down down.

5. Boss will tell us... "You already got $170 increase in your CPF. No increment this year."  [bigcry]

Are we really richer?

The ChengHu is for sure. [smash]

[laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 15

The CPF salary ceiling, the maximum amount of ordinary wages that employee and employer contributions are calculated on, was raised from $5,000 to $6,000.

"Middle-income Singaporeans will be able to accumulate more CPF savings during their working years," Deputy Prime Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam said when he announced the latest change during the Budget in February last year.

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/business/more-cpf-savings-new-rules#sthash.pajiY2Zl.dpuf

====

1. There are 544,000 people earning $5000 or more here. Excluding sole proprietors, directors and private tutors. 

2. Each person (and employer) will pay $370 more monthly. Gov will receive >$200mil cash monthly. Or gov really short of cash meh?

3. $370 more in the CPF account. About $200+ can be used for housing loan. Positive impact to the property price.

5. Boss will tell us... "You already got $170 increase in your CPF. No increment this year."  [bigcry]

Are we really richer?

[laugh]

I am expecting more to come beside this    [sweatdrop]

• Praise 4

What will you do with all that CPF?

Up to 50 years old, the amount going into OA is around 20% (if you have not reached the Medisave Cap) and around 30% (if you have already reached the Medisave cap).

For a couple both earning 6K or above, the combined amount for OA monthly is between $2400 to $3600 (in 2016), from $2000 to $3000 (in 2015). 

Edited by Seohster
  • Praise 1

I want to :a-m1524:  after seeing this statement.

excluding others, there are 544K people earn more than me  :a-bang:

• Praise 9

His boss [scholar]  never give increment because he visiting toilet too often    [:p]     :D      [laugh]

got lah, my increment is 2 additional toilet rolls/month  :grin:

• Praise 4

got lah, my increment is 2 additional toilet rolls/month  :grin:

Boss will give you :a-good: addition 1 packet and 2 Poh Chai Pills for special compassionate :D  increment exclude CPF contribution   [idea]

post-62943-0-16051000-1451745253_thumb.jpg

• Praise 6

cpf running low on funds.

constantly need more and more from you.

lucky I'm 55, nothing more to contribute.

• Praise 2

====

1. There are 544,000 people earning $5000 or more here. Excluding sole proprietors, directors and private tutors.

5. Boss will tell us... "You already got $170 increase in your CPF. No increment this year." [bigcry]

Are we really richer?

[laugh]

Not forgetting the annual CPF ceiling of 17 months go up from 85K to 102K.

If you have huge bonuses, more of it will go into CPF as well.

• Praise 2

"Indirect tax" raised. We pay an extra $200 with the 1k increase.

Those making more than 6k will take home 200 dollars less but get 170 dollars more for their gross salary.

Summary:

Take home: -200 SGD

Gross Salary: + 170 SGD (Employer: -170SGD)

CPF: +370 SGD

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

This will definitely affect increment decisions for MNCs and banks where quite a fair bit of their employees could be at the 6k salary and above.

• Praise 3

Once I reach 55 years old, should I withdraw the money (less the minimum sum) from CPF account, or to keep it in there to attract higher interest?  If I decide to keep it in there, can I still collect it later, say at 60 years old, or collect less (because the minimum sum keep increasing every year?)

• Praise 2

more $$ in cpf = higher bto/hdb price = higher private property price

govt and agent say sibei affordable

$1M property with 35 years loan is sup sup water

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 4

The last time it was raised was in 2011, from 4500 to 5000.

The next raise, if income continues to grow,  can be expected within 7-10 years time latest.

If we feel the CPF contribution is not enough for retirement, we can also put in additional contributions. CPF was the winner in growth via interest gains versus stocks and bonds and most other investments in 2015. 

Whether one loves CPF for its interests or use for housing purposes, one will not be shortchanged. 

more $$ in cpf = higher bto/hdb price = higher private property price

govt and agent say sibei affordable

$1M property with 35 years loan is sup sup water

• Praise 2

I am expecting more to come beside this    [sweatdrop]

Of course, where do you think govt come up with money to cover new Medishield Life ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1