How to know battery going to be flat?

Winning

Very good sharing. Looks like the easiest monitoring solution is the $3 ciggy plug voltage indicator. When you realised need more than 1 crank to get the car started. It's time to plug in this voltage indicator, turn on the electricity (but don't crank/start the car and let the alternator kick in) and see the reading. If voltage is less than 12v, its near EOL for the battery.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

So tempted to disconnect the negative polarity of my battery and try to jump start the car with my new jumper toy.

Is there other way to do it?

So tempted to disconnect the negative polarity of my battery and try to jump start the car with my new jumper toy.

can try at the expense of retune radio settings.

Post your HP number here ......

Leave your lights on overnight to drain the battery. Room light, hazard light will work.

Some cars may not allow you to leave the main headlight on when the ignition is off, for those that can, leave the main headlight on, when the ignition is off.

What do the pros use to save the settings? Some OBD tool?

There are various methods.

You can use OBD connector or the DC socket to connect to a secondary battery.

But you need to watch for current pull from that socket bcuz the current is limited or it may melt fuse and plastics.

On cars with front jump points like BMW, Merz or Audi, I prefer to connect a battery there.

There are various methods.

You can use OBD connector or the DC socket to connect to a secondary battery.

But you need to watch for current pull from that socket bcuz the current is limited or it may melt fuse and plastics.

On cars with front jump points like BMW, Merz or Audi, I prefer to connect a battery there.

For BMW, Merc or Audi, keys has all the setting.

Today, did a check today, 12.7V seems OK for a near 1 year old stock battery. 

Did it because my neighbour's car cannot start lor, 10.5V.  His car 24/7 Dashcam lor.

post-170907-0-96142200-1534666444_thumb.jpg

All these ICE really take up a lot of battery power eh. 24/7 dashcam will definitely kill the battery quicker than normal. 

I was looking at some new batteries - Lithium-iron batteries, have y'all heard of them before? Quite impressive leh. Anyone know where to get? TIA

All these ICE really take up a lot of battery power eh. 24/7 dashcam will definitely kill the battery quicker than normal.

I was looking at some new batteries - Lithium-iron batteries, have y'all heard of them before? Quite impressive leh. Anyone know where to get? TIA

For dashcam, just install a battery to power lo.

For Lithium ion battery, I think only high end super car use it.

For dashcam, just install a battery to power lo.

For Lithium ion battery, I think only high end super car use it.

dash cam either get an external battery or have a cut off switch to cut off the cam if voltage falls below a certain number.