How to know battery going to be flat?

Winning

A multimeter can help you with that. 

If you are particular about the battery, you can buy a battery charger with 2A setting to refresh the battery every 6 month. 

Neutral Newbie

Can try the free battery check at Autobacs. Not sure if they will try to hard-sell you anything after that though.

Nope they do not hard sell. I done my free battery check and they will give you the small slip print out.

Happen they do not carry the brand and size i wanted.

thanks all for the valuable advise , started to get interested in all this related stuff , eye opener :)

Advice, not advise. [:)]

Advice is a noun.

Advise is a verb.

• Praise 2

Hi all ,

How do you know that battery going to be flat ?

When the car starts , it prompt you "switch to economy mode " . Can this be 1 of the symptoms that battery is weak too ?

Cranking sound . Usually it took me 1 crank to start the engine . But yesterday the cranking sound is long before engine start , can this also telling you that battery going to be flat soon ?

Pls advise

I use a car thermometer voltmeter Multifunction to check and monitor my car battery every month.

only $23. URL as below

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/SINGAPORE3-IN-1-HIGH-GRADE-AUTOMOTIVE/422456300?selectedOptions=

post-5639-0-01459800-1451904417_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mahjong74

(edited)

Then usually when come to changing of new battery , there are many brands in the market , how do you guys make a choice ??

For me usually I change it at AD when they tell me time to change Till to date , current battery is the 2nd 1 . 1 yrs 3 months ...Because I am pretty lazy & dun really like to get full on hand ...

What brand I am using I also Dunnoe . Yesterday open up the car , got the cover . I also Dunnoe how to open the cover to see the battery ....

I am so noob with all this ...

Edited by Winning

Hi all ,

How do you know that battery going to be flat ?

When the car starts , it prompt you "switch to economy mode " . Can this be 1 of the symptoms that battery is weak too ?

Cranking sound . Usually it took me 1 crank to start the engine . But yesterday the cranking sound is long before engine start , can this also telling you that battery going to be flat soon ?

Pls advise

if first crank cant start or judder like misfire... then its about time liao

• Praise 3

I check my battery status at autobacs every 6-9 months. Also added a lifepo4 booster (diy) to the amaron battery, Been using for close to 3 years, still at 90%.

Edited by Alphas

how to make your battery die in the first 3 years to get a replacement battery under warranty?

:D  

• Praise 1

Heat will make battery die earlier than it should be.  That's why BMW battery is stored in the boot.

Just installed Blackvue cam front n rear for 24hrs surveillance.  Its draning the battery down to the cut off level, but of cos when I start driving in the morning it gets charged up.

is the battery gonna Koyak?

Just installed Blackvue cam front n rear for 24hrs surveillance.  Its draning the battery down to the cut off level, but of cos when I start driving in the morning it gets charged up.

is the battery gonna Koyak?

How old is your battery?

Get the battery checked lah.

When it comes to battery check, any Tom, Dick and Harry workshop will do the job, brand of car is immaterial. If really kia si, go to more famous brands like Autobacs or Stamford tires loh. Still better than kena carrot by AD.

Not applicable to hybrid cars.

My car original battery is a 60A Panasonic Pro, the label states it's designed for start-stop function.

Where to get this kind of battery? It's a wet batt and looks just like any standard battery except for the start-stop label.

If your vehicle is not getting start with 3 to 4 clicks then it will be certainly your battery problem. Yesterday we were going to picnic and when I started my with one click it was not started. Again I clicked it for 3 more times but was not successful. I called my friend and he provided me the reference of https://www.yourmechanic.com/cars/hyundai. I visited them and after checking the vehicle, they find  problem from  battery side. After  changing the battery  my vehicle is running fine.

↡ Advertisement