• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
36 replies to this topic | 80 praises

Posted 04 January 2016 - 06:31 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

With the currency still at a low level, is it time to exit Japan property market and go with Australia in Sydney and Mel ?

Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:42 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Sydney too late liao. Mel saturated. Tokyo still got some puff but political risk as the japs change PM more often than change underwear (oz starting to go that way too).

Some say gold coast bottomed out n poised for the next upside. The PRCs r starting to take interest there too.
Sdf4786k and Jamesc praised this

Posted 04 January 2016 - 08:55 PM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Sydney too late liao. Mel saturated. Tokyo still got some puff but political risk as the japs change PM more often than change underwear (oz starting to go that way too).

Some say gold coast bottomed out n poised for the next upside. The PRCs r starting to take interest there too.

from a saturation point of view. Assuming I go in. Would it not be a discounted price of 30% due to the drop in currency or am I missing something?

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:04 PM

Voodooman
  • Voodooman
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

from a saturation point of view. Assuming I go in. Would it not be a discounted price of 30% due to the drop in currency or am I missing something?

You can buy in Gold Coast or Brisbane (heard it is moving) and still enjoy the "discounted price of 30% due to the drop in currency". Not sure about Sydney (at record high) but Melbourne is definitely facing oversupply.
Angcheek praised this

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:39 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

from a saturation point of view. Assuming I go in. Would it not be a discounted price of 30% due to the drop in currency or am I missing something?

Then you're looking at currency play then. If u betting on currency, can juz dump a whole load of cash into AUD FD n wait it out.

For property, buy today at AUD1M doesn't guarantee u AUD1.3M in future, esp after taxes (which is sibei high if you're non resident n cannot offset taxable income) n potential mkt correction (esp Sydney & Mel).

Ultimately, it's your call.

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:41 PM

Carwoman
  • Carwoman
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

from a saturation point of view. Assuming I go in. Would it not be a discounted price of 30% due to the drop in currency or am I missing something?

30 % currency drop from around 2011.

Vs price increase of X% from 2011? 

It depends on which state, property type,  you are looking at to have a more meaningful discussion.

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:25 AM

Victor68
  • Victor68
    5th Gear
    Author Image

In my humble opinion, only invest in the main CBD area if you are looking for investment. Otherwise, money is king if you are not going to stay there.

Why lock up your money while you could easily enjoy it? Australia is a huge country not the tiny red dot like us.

Kangadrool praised this

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:28 PM

JoonLeao
  • JoonLeao
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Are you looking for an investment in australia ? i have an investment project in Gold Coast now. It is bungalow. If u r interested, please leave me an email and i will send u the info thanks =D

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:39 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

[sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

Singaporean businessman buys Australian island for $5.5 million: Report
CNBC Tuesday, May 31, 2016

YouTube screen

Always fancied a private bolthole for vacations away from the city bustle?

One Singaporean businessman clearly did, so much so that he reportedly spent almost 5.5 million Australian dollars (S$5.5 million) on an island off the coast of Tasmania, according to a report by Australia's national broadcaster ABC.

For less than the cost of many condos in Singapore - which in March topped the Economist Intelligence Unit's "world's most expensive city" list for the third straight year - the unnamed man purchased Waterhouse Island, a 300-hectare island about 30 kilometers (18.6 miles) off the northeast coast of the Australian state.

The island came with a three-bedroom main house, a guest cottage, sheep-shearing shed, airstrip, permanent power supply and mobile phone reception, the ABC reported.

It could, however, only be accessed only by charter flight or boat, according to the property's sales listing on real estate site domain.com.au.

Property agent Ant Manton of Ray White told the ABC that he believed the buyer planned to use it as a holiday destination.

"I think down the track there might be some plans for an eco-tourism type development but at this stage just a magnificent private retreat in the middle of Bass Strait," Manto said.

Mockngbrd and Still2016 praised this
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:31 PM

Staff69
  • Staff69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

[sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

not all singaporean originated from here you know πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜…
Jman888 praised this
your social circles aren't wide enough if you think i am rich

Don't worry if plan A fails, there are 25 more letters in the alphabet.

Posted 01 June 2016 - 05:28 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

not all singaporean originated from here you know πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜…

Original Singaporean go buy an island   [laugh]  [laugh]

骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:29 AM

Dleodleo
  • Premium member
    Dleodleo
    6th Gear
    Author Image

So the Singaporean businessman who bought the Australia Island is actually the Fragrance hotel boss.

http://www.straitsti...-for-55-million

Ktglfc praised this

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:47 AM

Ktglfc
  • Premium member
    Ktglfc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

So the Singaporean businessman who bought the Australia Island is actually the Fragrance hotel boss.

He can build more fragrance hotels there, and turn into a holiday resort ...

Rich: is not about how much you have, but how much you give.

The sky has turned brighter.
There's a glorious rainbow that beckons those with a spirit of adventure and there are rich findings at the end of that rainbow.
Find that rainbow, go ride it.

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:07 AM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

does this means going to be mass orgy chicken farm there?

lol

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend it’s whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

HungryPaPa - https://instagram.com/hungrypapa/

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:11 AM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

He makes more $$ out of property than Fragrance Hotel. 

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:12 AM

Duckduck
  • Duckduck
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

50% chance it visits 0.98 soon. worst case is abt 0.9 but tat requires china to crash alot

Pursuant to section 49, subsection 7e, paragraph a...

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:48 PM

LPPL
  • LPPL
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

The issue with investing in Australia is you can only sell to a local when you want to exit. For places like Melbourne, I was also told that inner city living is less desired compared to outskirts like south yarra.

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:16 PM

EWander
  • Premium member
    EWander
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Well at 0.998 or 1 to 1 is as good level as we can get. AUD is having rounding bottom. Barring any USD hike in Jun(only 20% chance) and decent Aussie data, I dun think we shd not hope for further SGD gain or loss to consider when investing in Australia. Rather look for the potential upside for property price gain. Some states have run more than others so we just have to look for areas/pockets that still offer greater investment opportunity and returns.

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:46 PM

Ictruall
  • Premium member
    Ictruall
    6th Gear
    Author Image

The issue with investing in Australia is you can only sell to a local when you want to exit. For places like Melbourne, I was also told that inner city living is less desired compared to outskirts like south yarra.

this you are so correct,

..........none of the sales team says these things when we visited the launch in SG.

had back in 1992 bought a bungalow at Gold Coast, Runaway Bay..........damn difficult to sell, locals generally prefer to rent closer to their working places.

rental credited weekly, so weekly measly A$ still have to deduct 7% for estate management agent to look after affairs, ....no damn shiok again.

wait tenant complain weather too hot grass dry turn brown, too much rain turn mouldy, pipe leak, tap leak, light don't work this and that....estate agent send photos and say must change, so change, change, change and more change.

after 3 years or so, heng lor got a Vietnamese family with Aussie status bought over .....my end, breaking even financially was extremely fine with me,...since one headache less.

imho and I say this from my own experience only (so don't generalize or quote me), waste time investing there lor..........anyway not too fond of down under or the Aussies for that matter,.... can be quite racist at times.

perhaps these days things are done differently which in this case.....

maybe it was just me that was unlucky,...a case of either wrong time or wrong place :XD:

Mercury1 and Lala81 praised this

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:21 PM

Mercury1
  • Mercury1
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Nope that's still the situation today  :XD:

Btw you got declare tax on your rental returns or not ah [sly]  

this you are so correct,

..........none of the sales team says these things when we visited the launch in SG.

had back in 1992 bought a bungalow at Gold Coast, Runaway Bay..........damn difficult to sell, locals generally prefer to rent closer to their working places.

rental credited weekly, so weekly measly A$ still have to deduct 7% for estate management agent to look after affairs, ....no damn shiok again.

wait tenant complain weather too hot grass dry turn brown, too much rain turn mouldy, pipe leak, tap leak, light don't work this and that....estate agent send photos and say must change, so change, change, change and more change.

after 3 years or so, heng lor got a Vietnamese family with Aussie status bought over .....my end, breaking even financially was extremely fine with me,...since one headache less.

imho and I say this from my own experience only (so don't generalize or quote me), waste time investing there lor..........anyway not too fond of down under or the Aussies for that matter,.... can be quite racist at times.

perhaps these days things are done differently which in this case.....

maybe it was just me that was unlucky,...a case of either wrong time or wrong place :XD:

Ictruall and Sunny praised this
My F30 review

Mitsubishi Lancer Coupe (Gone) -> Mazda Astina (Gone) -> E46 3.18 M Sports (Gone) -> Renault Clio (Gone) -> Mini Cooper S -> BMW 3.28i M Sport

Back to Property Buzz  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: currency pair and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users