2016 Recession Year? Gloom and doom 2017!

Scion

That's true, they wanna earn their commission mah

Better do own research when switching jobs, never trust what they sell to you unless u can find a way to verify

Low turnover is a sign that the employees are well paid, not necessary an indication of happy employees

i've been in companies that pay well but staff are not happy. can see the unhappiness in their eyes/ faces. cannot hide one

↡ Advertisement

And that is why that firm has so much difficulty raising funds again.

not referring to that firm lah 

The point here is back to omom's analogy of a company paying all its staff the same high bonus

while theory dictates that it is not sustainable or a good model to follow, in real world, it does happen and it can continue for a long time.

same for all these monetary easing and low interest rates. we all know it will be unraveled.. but it may take a long while and politicians who are only after short term solutions will keep the party going as long as possible

Edited by Wyfitms

That's true, they wanna earn their commission mah

Better do own research when switching jobs, never trust what they sell to you unless u can find a way to verify

yes.. now with linkedin, it is very easy to verify. 

if everyone is so sharp to the movements, i will hv nothing to post anymore in the property up down threads

That would be dream come true for Property Up only people like you.

But fear not, there will always come a time when the direction turns and i will be calling an Up.

Just like i did in 2000 and 2005.

I like that. I hope you will shout just as loud as u did for the past 18 mths when direction changes.

Turbocharged

not referring to that firm lah 

The point here is back to omom's analogy of a company paying all its staff the same high bonus

while theory dictates that it is not sustainable or a good model to follow, in real world, it does happen and it can continue for a long time.

same for all these monetary easing and low interest rates. we all know it will be unraveled.. but it may take a long while and politicians who are only after short term solutions will keep the party going as long as possible

Oh the other one. I thought that one has pretty bad culture and staff are unhappy? Turnover is very high too.

• Praise 1

i've been in companies that pay well but staff are not happy. can see the unhappiness in their eyes/ faces. cannot hide one

To me, being well paid and unhappy is much better than being happy and lowly paid

Happiness will never last forever in a dynamic environment with change of management, bosses etc but every cents of money earned if can save can offer a nice comfy lifestyle, unhappiness can be tolerated for time being until jump ship

• Praise 5

Oh the other one. I thought that one has pretty bad culture and staff are unhappy? Turnover is very high too.

Much depends, if the co pays everyone so well that they are priced beyond market, everyone can be unhappy but won't leave coz they can't find another job that can match their current salaries

Low turnover does not necessary mean it's a good environment too

Such environment can be very political & toxic

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Much depends, if the co pays everyone so well that they are priced beyond market, everyone can be unhappy but won't leave coz they can't find another job that can match their current salaries

Low turnover does not necessary mean it's a good environment too

Such environment can be very political & toxic

If I'm a boss of a business, I will pay my employees above market rate but the employees better damn well be above market performance too. I find it costlier to a business to hire cheap employees and have to rescue shoddy work because cheap people (relative to the market and their expertise) aren't any good and good people aren't cheap. Many businesses fall into that kinda trap - in other words they want cheap want green want big tits  :a-fun:

Unhappy highly paid employees who can perform vs happy lowly paid employees that don't perform as well - Which one you choose?

• Praise 9

listening to all the bears forecasting ...

I can only think of Mark Twain

"the report of my death was an exaggeration"

• Praise 1

very bad? u can be sure many bros in MCF are eagerly waiting to enter the markets.. all gleefully rubbing their hands LOL

capital market still flooded with money

many have $, only a few dare to do it when it really happens. 

• Praise 5

Not all overnight queues were fulfilled pffft. STI specific, buy on Monday and sell on Friday so that weekend mian huan lo.

• Praise 1

many have $, only a few dare to do it when it really happens. 

Bought a few lots.....

If drop somemore.... I buy somemore.

ha ha ha

• Praise 1

Supercharged

If I'm a boss of a business, I will pay my employees above market rate but the employees better damn well be above market performance too. I find it costlier to a business to hire cheap employees and have to rescue shoddy work because cheap people (relative to the market and their expertise) aren't any good and good people aren't cheap. Many businesses fall into that kinda trap - in other words they want cheap want green want big tits  :a-fun:

Unhappy highly paid employees who can perform vs happy lowly paid employees that don't perform as well - Which one you choose?

many biz are short sighted.  Thus we got this problem of too many cheap FT in our midst. Their outputs are like the peanuts they getting.

• Praise 4

utigPuE.png

:grin:

• Praise 10

i have also been in a firm that pay high bonuses to everyone regardless the financial performance of the year

recession times get high bonus

non recession times get super high bonus

i left after a while cos i thought it was not sustainable. Many years later, my ex-colleagues told me the bonus payout still the same!!

really regretted big time leaving, damn the recruiter for tricking me to take on another job!! i will never trust a recruiter again, worse than property agents!

WA what Job is that so good.

↡ Advertisement