2016 Recession Year? Gloom and doom 2017!

Scion

That's the reason I suspect why quick hand quick leg called election last year. Need to quickly get the team in place and focus on the strong head winds coming our way. And who knows how long this head wind may last until the good old days are back.

Good old days are gone forever.....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

too late for what? to sell?

if only everyone is so clever like u to sell exactly at peak and buy at trough

haahaaha

if everyone is so sharp to the movements, i will hv nothing to post anymore in the property up down threads

That would be dream come true for Property Up only people like you.

But fear not, there will always come a time when the direction turns and i will be calling an Up.

Just like i did in 2000 and 2005.

before Christmas, most of my kaki exited everything... some kaisu one early 2015 cashed out everyhting... now relak n drink kopi lor.. and wait for procession lor

• Praise 2

before Christmas, most of my kaki exited everything... some kaisu one early 2015 cashed out everyhting... now relak n drink kopi lor.. and wait for procession lor

have they exited wife/gf?  :huh:

• Praise 2

Well............ if SG in recession, will those FT, FW and PR run the road and back to their own countries ... :ninja:

I welcome them going back to where they come from.... [bounce2]       :a-happy:        :a-panic:

• Praise 2

Frankly, between a recession n high COE, I choose the latter.

Economy good means money making opportunities so even high COE, possibility of getting one albeit painful. On the other hand, during recession, cheap COE also no use cos we may not have enough money to pay for our necessities let alone COE!!

Why are we worring for those who had been paid $millions in their salaries & bonuses work.....   :wut:  

Its time for them open their thinking cap and show their worth that $million salaries. :yuush:

Don't later turn around and ask nitizen, "What Best Do You Think Can Solve It". Sound familiar...... forget that clause, let me remind you. Its during one of the by-election... [lipsrsealed]

And also don't come out with the crap of using our "Reserve" money.  :omg: . That's only on the very last resort where everything failed.  :confident:

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

QE to continue again

in bigger dosage

that will keep the world going

but printing money doesn't solve the economic issues, as demonstrated in QE3... near zero interest rates make things worse

the hot (and easy) money causes the stock and property markets all around the world to become bubbles

i think only reasonable interest rates (3-5%) can spur the economic growth in long term

still paying down my debt

my laptop installment plan still have another 2 months to go

need to sell car soon. cannot afford car loan installments already

[bigcry]

Thats ok, better than jobless me.

*sob*

With interest rates already at all time low and bloated central bank balance sheets, conventional tools will no longer be readibly deployable. This crisis will be of a totally different scale in terms of magnitude and duration. It will make the crash of the Great Recession look like a minor technical correction.

correct. only question is when will it be?

not confidence inspiring at all to see such extreme reactions from supposedly professionals

:o

Shanghai Fund Manager Dumps All Holdings in ‘Insane’ Market

wow this chen triggered the circuit breaker? not scared of being executed ah..

i wanna put my money with his fund, he really put his life on the line. not like the ang mo funds who just want to suck fees only.

• Praise 1

COE 20k?

i doubt so.

sg still a ton of rich people.

you sure alot of rich ppl or acting to be rich... some even say SG folks face value is stronger than the USD currency...

when crude oil prices started to decline in late 2014 followed by O&G industry in 2015 then the banks. I already foresee such situation will arise some day in 2016...

technically, SG was in recession in 2015 but somehow someone know how to massage the the numbers....

anyway... COE will sure drop cos i know most ppl do not have good bonus and any increment this work year (especially O&G and banking industries) and you can be sure if the market hit the red... more "rich" ppl will sell car and home or kana repo... so if you are one whom have cash and waiting for the kill... just wait after CNY.... but be sure you do not over leverage your financials cos the storm is coming and it is a EF5 tornado

Edited by Jayy25

A very long time. This is happening in my company.

:D

PS We all know what you mean and I completely agree with you. 

But my company really pay almost the same bonus. I only got

a slightly smaller bonus than my team mate who really worked

damn hard. I even told him its not worth it but he didn't listen to me.

i have also been in a firm that pay high bonuses to everyone regardless the financial performance of the year

recession times get high bonus

non recession times get super high bonus

i left after a while cos i thought it was not sustainable. Many years later, my ex-colleagues told me the bonus payout still the same!!

really regretted big time leaving, damn the recruiter for tricking me to take on another job!! i will never trust a recruiter again, worse than property agents!

• Praise 2

i have also been in a firm that pay high bonuses to everyone regardless the financial performance of the year

i left after a while cos i thought it was not sustainable. Many years later, my ex-colleagues told me the bonus payout still the same!!

really regretted big time leaving, damn the recruiter for tricking me to take on another job!! i will never trust a recruiter again, worse than property agents!

which coy ah?

pls pm me.

thanks

• Praise 1

which coy ah?

pls pm me.

thanks

u also looking for iron rice bowl ah?? haha

hard to get it. turnover very low

i have been waiting for so long now, still no available vacancy to get back in

everytime i visit them for external meetings, really envy all the smiles of the employees there.. all look damn happy all the time

[laugh]

Recession year(s) good time for cherry picking, time to get ready your war chests.

Note cherry picking not to be confused with cherry popping, although you can do both at the same time.

Overall experiences vary.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

everytime i visit them for external meetings, really envy all the smiles of the employees there.. all look damn happy all the time

[laugh]

Singapore pools ah? Good time people gamble, bad times people gamble more :D
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

And that is why that firm has so much difficulty raising funds again.

That's true, they wanna earn their commission mah

Better do own research when switching jobs, never trust what they sell to you unless u can find a way to verify

[laugh]

Low turnover is a sign that the employees are well paid, not necessary an indication of happy employees
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2