Scratches on door handle - does nanocoating help?

Red_ryder

My 10 year old car has a lot of scratches around the door handle area, probably caused by fingernails. I'm changing car this year so I was wondering how to avoid that again. 

Nowadays I heard there is a nano-coating treatment that forms a protective layer around the paint. Is that enough to protect against these kind of scratches, or still need to install the transparent laminate film? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

My 10 year old car has a lot of scratches around the door handle area, probably caused by fingernails. I'm changing car this year so I was wondering how to avoid that again. 

Nowadays I heard there is a nano-coating treatment that forms a protective layer around the paint. Is that enough to protect against these kind of scratches, or still need to install the transparent laminate film? 

The answer is no... i have nano coat on my new car from AD. you will still get scratches. they are not as hard as u think. they just make your washing easier that is all. the best option is wrap your car. but it is only a car sure will have scratches some where so dont get too up tight

• Praise 4

All joking aside, maybe because my car is black so the scratches are very obvious. They are behind the door handle, in the cup area. You guys don't have this?

All joking aside, maybe because my car is black so the scratches are very obvious. They are behind the door handle, in the cup area. You guys don't have this?

Whatever it is,more will appear. If you dun believe, you can try those glass coating. Only waste money. Cheapest is buy super resin Polish

Apply a thin layer of transparent nail varnish to the door handle recessed portion.

Alternatively, spray a layer of those transparent lacquer which is commonly used for PCB board. 

cut your nails.

wear gloves . . and a mask like Kato! [laugh]

My car also have lots of scratches around the door handles but can be removed by those

swirl/scratch removal cream. No problem. [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

You can buy the film specific for door handle areas (think its 3M brand) but only states have. Have to buy from ebay and bring in.

You can also consider door edge laminates if you fear paint chipping off at the edge

Actually you don't need to worry about those finger nails scratches at the door handles..Get a polish and you can easily polish them off.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1