Al Ameen Prata Bukit Timah

Giggsy3

Last month went to Cheong Chin Nam road for their prata and realised they no more selling prata, only sell tze char, western food and others but NO prata anymore....

Damn sad....

Seems their rival Al Alzar has monopolised the prata business in Bukit Timah. Super crowded.

I still prefer Al Ameen's prata.....

↡ Advertisement

Last month went to Cheong Chin Nam road for their prata and realised they no more selling prata, only sell tze char, western food and others but NO prata anymore....

Damn sad....

Seems their rival Al Alzar has monopolised the prata business in Bukit Timah. Super crowded.

Only went Al Azhar recently. Not very nice the food, maybe not to my taste and the kambing soup abit watered down.

Also donch know why Al Almeen fall until so jia lat.

Anyway, for prata fix before 10.30pm I go to Clementi.

After the Beauty World MRT station starts operation, the crowd is denser and denser, massage and food also getting more expensive. 

Even HLF last time no need to Q for banking, now must Q. 

• Praise 1

Only went Al Azhar recently. Not very nice the food, maybe not to my taste and the kambing soup abit watered down.

Also donch know why Al Almeen fall until so jia lat.

Anyway, for prata fix before 10.30pm I go to Clementi.

Ya can't believe Al Ameen going downhill so drastically. They used to have a few outlets islandwide. Are they still around?

I remembered Hill View has a small branch, not sure whether now still in business.

I also don't like Al Alzhar's prata and curry. Guess has to go elsewhere for prata cravings in the West

Ya can't believe Al Ameen going downhill so drastically. They used to have a few outlets islandwide. Are they still around?

I remembered Hill View has a small branch, not sure whether now still in business.

I also don't like Al Alzhar's prata and curry. Guess has to go elsewhere for prata cravings in the West

Hillview that one also called Al Ameen but I doubt is under the same boss.

What I heard last time is now they focusing on catering business instead.

Prata is very easy to find in the West. Don't worry.  :secret-laugh:

Which one.

Ave 2?

Ave 2 loh. Prata Planet. haha

damn it... now got craving.

• Praise 2

Damn sad....

I realized it a few weeks ago as well. You may want to try the prata shop (beside that western food stall facing the traffic cross junction) in the hawker centre beside the HDB blocks. It's pretty good.

Alternatively can try Thohirah Restaurant (Formally Alif) prata @ opposite Bukit Gombak MRT beside MacDonald. Blk 374 Bukit Batok Street 31 #01-204

Operates 24hours

Damn sad....

yeah found out 2 months back.

my friend's parents know the owners. Think they overexpanded and got into financial difficulty. Yeah heard now they into catering business.

Edited by Lala81

yeah found out 2 months back.

my friend's parents know the owners. Think they overexpanded and got into financial difficulty. Yeah heard now they into catering business.

they have opened a damn big one at Woodlands, 24 hrs.  Near woodlands ave 5, Okamoto building

• Praise 2

if in the west.

try Enaq prata.

really no horse run. best prata in sg in my eyes. unique thing is that they prata serve with sambal

super crispy outside and fluffy inside. Love the kosong.

Address:

Block 303 Jurong East Street 32 Singapore 600303

Open:

24 Hours

ulu-restaurants-singapore-07160005.jpg

ulu-restaurants-singapore-07160007.jpg

Edited by Little_prince
  • Praise 6

Dont like both shops hahha was there during Xmas ... ate the Tay Chew Muai  instead .

Its nice but if you order the wrong dish ... after 30min sure @lausai88  :sick:

Alternatively can try Thohirah Restaurant (Formally Alif) prata @ opposite Bukit Gombak MRT beside MacDonald. Blk 374 Bukit Batok Street 31 #01-204

Operates 24hours

Name looked familiar ... same as the one from Kraji  ? 

• Praise 1

Dont like both shops hahha was there during Xmas ... ate the Tay Chew Muai  instead .

Its nice but if you order the wrong dish ... after 30min sure @lausai88  :sick:

Name looked familiar ... same as the one from Kraji  ? 

Thohirah Restaurant is the same one in Jalan Kayu, the one just beside the open carpark. They opened a new branch in Bukit Gombak

Damn sad....

TV news reported that they are considering to close cheong Chin nam road on weekend.

they have opened a damn big one at Woodlands, 24 hrs.  Near woodlands ave 5, Okamoto building

Haha...I wouldn't call it damn big but kopitiam size. Previously it was an airconditioned food court in the mapletree industrial estate. Now they took over it's no longer aircon. It's at the intersection between Marsling Industrial Estate Road 3 and Woodlands ave 5. Just opened but can see it's quite crowded during meal times.

Al ameen in marsiling now

Just wondering all prata should be the same taste in sg right? Because i see alot prata house using prata dough from the same supplier box.

↡ Advertisement